Bass vs. drums challenge video - released here first :)

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Meet her at the London Drum Show that day we all met and briefly chatted in a lift.

I've been a fan ever since I first bought Live Wood by Paul Weller back in '97 I think. Had to contain the excitement and play it cool.

Class lady
Class lady indeed. Are you attending LDS this year? If you want (& sorry, there's no way I can do this for everyone), I can take you to the private after party where you can watch Yolanda play all night :)

I just love Yolanda :)
It was a dream to spend the day with her!!!
Special indeed, & I know she enjoyed herself :)

My plan is to get to London in this lifetime. And the Guru's will be my first concert tom kit!
I'm engaging Larry to have you placed on "the Wumpus list" ;)

Juniper

Gold Member
Class lady indeed. Are you attending LDS this year? If you want (& sorry, there's no way I can do this for everyone), I can take you to the private after party where you can watch Yolanda play all night :)

Special indeed, & I know she enjoyed herself :)

I'm engaging Larry to have you placed on "the Wumpus list" ;)
Me and Mrs Juniper will definitely be there this year again.

That would be very, very kind of you Andy. I'd love that, consider me in for it.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Me and Mrs Juniper will definitely be there this year again.

That would be very, very kind of you Andy. I'd love that, consider me in for it.
No problem :) Just be sure to check in with me on the Saturday, & then see me towards the end of Saturday's show. Usually, by then, I'll have tickets.

There's something a bit cool about seeing world class musicians jamming in a pub :) Missed out last year TBH as we spent too long in the restaurant & missed most of the show. Won't be making that mistake again, especially as I'm meant to be playing.

Juniper

Gold Member
No problem :) Just be sure to check in with me on the Saturday, & then see me towards the end of Saturday's show. Usually, by then, I'll have tickets.

There's something a bit cool about seeing world class musicians jamming in a pub :) Missed out last year TBH as we spent too long in the restaurant & missed most of the show. Won't be making that mistake again, especially as I'm meant to be playing.
Thank you Andy, very kind of you.

Bought my ticket last week so I'm all set on this year. Can't wait.

Two floors this time!! Two floors!! Eeeek

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you Andy, very kind of you.

Bought my ticket last week so I'm all set on this year. Can't wait.

Two floors this time!! Two floors!! Eeeek
No problem. Mrs. Juniper too?

Yes, much bigger, & more importantly, a much more spacious show than last year. More attention paid to stand noise separation, & some of the "show your gospel chops to your mates" 15 minute slots have been replaced by live acoustic stage performances in the exhibition area. That's 3 live stages for this year's event, & we're sponsoring a performance by Michele Drees & her incredible jazz tap project.

No doubt Yolanda will be hanging at our stand sometime during the day too. The whole of Saturday is going to be epic! Wish Larry & Grea were coming this year as opposed to last year. A much better visitor experience, & amazing MainStage artist list this year too :)

To be fair, I think most of us were rather besotted with the waitresses. That's my excuse, anyhow.
I concur on one waitress in particular. For a "man of a certain age" - almost too much - almost ;)

Video link again ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CePiOjxfcHo&feature=youtu.be

Grolubao

No problem. Mrs. Juniper too?

Yes, much bigger, & more importantly, a much more spacious show than last year. More attention paid to stand noise separation, & some of the "show your gospel chops to your mates" 15 minute slots have been replaced by live acoustic stage performances in the exhibition area. That's 3 live stages for this year's event, & we're sponsoring a performance by Michele Drees & her incredible jazz tap project.

No doubt Yolanda will be hanging at our stand sometime during the day too. The whole of Saturday is going to be epic! Wish Larry & Grea were coming this year as opposed to last year. A much better visitor experience, & amazing MainStage artist list this year too :)

I concur on one waitress in particular. For a "man of a certain age" - almost too much - almost ;)

Video link again ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CePiOjxfcHo&feature=youtu.be
To be honest I was kind of dissapointed with LDS last year. It was claustrophobic to say the least and a huge mess. Really the one and only good stand was the guru one

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
To be honest I was kind of dissapointed with LDS last year. It was claustrophobic to say the least and a huge mess. Really the one and only good stand was the guru one
I think last year's show was good, but suffered badly from over subscription (both exhibitors & visitors) for the size of venue. The show had outgrown its location.

This year, I think there's almost too much room to play with. Many of the stand spaces have increased considerably in size, & the public spaces between stands are very generous. There's some very cool additional exhibitors this year too, & that will add further flavour to one of the biggest dedicated drum shows in the world.

I'll start a dedicated LDS thread nearer the time, because there's other good news stuff coming through.