Baby Weckl

Anon La Ply

Renegade
I've seen a vid of this wee beastie before. His backbeat and accents are killer when he gets them, which is the vast majority of the time. Ridikuluss talent. Love the calm focused look in his eyes while he plays - the boy's an inspiration.

keep it simple

Platinum Member
Yup, he's got it alright! I think the apparent proliferation of young talent has as much to do with exposure & multimedia peer access opportunities as anything else. In other words, they've always been there, it's just they can now absorb more material & get themselves out there easily. All for the good though, & very pleasing to see :)

konaboy

Pioneer Member
I've seen that one before but never tire of watching it!!! Kid has skills!

Just wish I knew what the judges were saying????

Anon La Ply

Renegade
I've seen that one before but never tire of watching it!!! Kid has skills!

Just wish I knew what the judges were saying????
Pretty sure it went like this:

How old are you?

Six.

SIX! hahaha

Blah blah blah incredible blah blah blah amazing blah blah ............

Toolate

Platinum Member
I have one of those in my house! my 7 yr old- pretty much played the first time he picked up sticks at 6. A little rough on the time on his own but can play whatever the teacher shows him within a few minutes (think 16th note double bass with polyrhythms between ride and snare over top- quite well for the first time in less than a minute). Ghost notes, triplets, paradiddle, doubles- yep.

My experience is that they can do what they hear but they dont know what music is or should sound like so they are not improvising rather just able to do what they hear. Incredible regardless. My son is so good that he takes his skill for granted and doesnt practice much unfortunately. SO inspiring to see him play. He is like 55 lbs and sounds like a hundred guys shooting machine guns on the kit.

Numberless

Platinum Member
One of the drum teachers at college held a recital for his first year students, they played to various play-alongs, he also had an extra guest, an outside student who turned out to be a freaking seven year old girl and she played along to a rock tune and nailed it, it was really amazing to see and very humbling, when I was seven I didn't even know what a drumset was.