Attn: Michigan Drummers!!!!!!!!!!!

Moktie

I just added a new group just for us. Please add yourself to the group.
Especially if you are in search of a new band or musicians.

Thanks......
Keep Michigan Rock A-LIVE!!!

drummydude

Are former Michigan drummers allowed? As victom of our lovely economy and being an Engineer in the Auto biz I had to move to South Carolina. I don't think I'll be driving up to Mich for any gigs but I'd like to chat with some Michi-Ganders. (Y'all) he he!

bonzolead

Platinum Member
I guess i'm the only Michigan born & raised drummer employed by the auto industry that still

lives here LOL. but in case you were wondering yes my hours just got cut to 32 hrs. boy

that's a shocker LOL

Keep swattin'
Bonzolead

Moktie

OF COURSE.......You Are All Welcome Here! Former or Current Michigan Drummers Unite!

I have a ton of friends that moved out of state...believe it or not 70% of them have moved
back here at one time or another. Some moving once again to find better financial
opportunities. Myself...I'm just waiting for everyone else to move so I can go back to
work in the construction industry. LMAO!! I amuse me. But seriously...I do have contacts
across the nation, and more is always welcome. I will always have a home-base here
in S.W. Mich. But will travel and book shows currently down south and western states.
Don't know that many people on the eastern seaboard, but have family in Philly and a
friend in Boston. My favorite place to travel is Chicago. It's great because it's close to
home, but also has a great number of A&R reps frequenting the local clubs.

So anyone with roots to Michigan...feel free to join the group.

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/group.php?groupid=41

And any suggestions to make this page pop....are certainly welcome.
Over time I will become more familiar with how to utilize the full potential of this site.

Thank You All For Your Support.

Last edited:

Pavlos

I guess i'm the only Michigan born & raised drummer employed by the auto industry that still

lives here LOL. but in case you were wondering yes my hours just got cut to 32 hrs. boy

that's a shocker LOL

Keep swattin'
Bonzolead
You stole my post. I guess we're the only 2 MI drummers employed by the auto industry who still live here! Detroit's not dead yet, but we've seen better days. And I felt the cuts too. Not gonna be buying any new gear anytime soon.

At least we still have the Wings right?

Garvin

Pioneer Member
Okay, I confess! I'm a Michigan drummer.

I was born in Lansing, but moved out of state for about 10 years, I'm back now and I live in Boyne City... I play in a few different bands in and around Boyne, Charlevoix, Petoskey, Traverse City, as well as a few festivals here and there in the summer. I still make it downstate quite often and check out the music scene in Lansing, Ann Arbor and of course Detroit. There are a ton of talented folks all over the state.

I work for my family in an independant natural gas exploration comany up in the Antrim shale outcrop. I'm really lucky to have a steady job, and more than willing to take a look at the wind energy subsidies once the state gets itself organized to start our green energy initiative.

bonzolead

Platinum Member
You stole my post. I guess we're the only 2 MI drummers employed by the auto industry who still live here! Detroit's not dead yet, but we've seen better days. And I felt the cuts too. Not gonna be buying any new gear anytime soon.

At least we still have the Wings right?
Yes the Wings spoil us,and you're right Detroit is far from being dead. Were all just gonna have too ride the storm out. Wait a minute wasn't. that a song LOL

Keep Swattin'
Bonzolead

rootheart

I am a bavarian drummer, years ago I had many virtual dates with a girl from Michigan, almost like a real relationship, including all you can do with the computer, grin......If you ever meet her, say hello from me....grin....

mattsmith

Platinum Member
Went to Grand Blanc High School for grades 9-11, five miles south of Flint. Flint's a rough place, but Grand Blanc was cool. I liked the people I got to know there, but you can have that snow. It was just snow overkill. I like the south much better for climate.

Fur drummer

Pioneer Member
Do you guys know of any drum shows or expos in Michigan? Is the only one that's close The Chicago Vintage Drum show?