Aspiring Drummer , first drumset? D:

mastodon187

hi everyone i am new to this forums , i am an aspiring drummer ,i've been wanting to get me a drumset for a while now and after thinking about it i decided i want to just go for it , for xmas i wanna get me my very first kit my budget is around $$1000-1300 but i dont know exactly what to go with , i see myself playing it as a hobby of mine, i would like my first kit to be somethin i remember as some well spent money hopefully hehe, dont want to end up buying a shitty kit and then just give up in between, due to sound and look of the kit just being horrible or not my taste if it helps music i like in general bands like lamb of god , metallica , slayer , megadeth , as well as a few others , brands i been looking at so far has been tama. i saw a tama imperialstar 7 piece kit for sale online and it looked decent , i been trying to find reviews on it and such but no luck , any tips on gettin that first kit ? thx

A

audiotech

Although the Imperialstar is decent, you can get better for very little more money. I would look into less drum, but higher in quality than the Imperialstar. You could probably find a good 5 piece kit for between $600 to $800 USD and use the rest for entry level cymbals and hardware. Would you be interested in buying used? The only problem with buying used, as a beginner, you really have no experience in what to look for in a used drum kit.

Maybe others will have some other options for you. You have a good bit of money to spend, don't spend it unwisely.

Dennis

BoomBoom

I would spend some time on Craig's List. You can get a lot more for your money that way. Someone is always looking to trade up, get married, have a baby, etc. Take a drummer friend when you go to check it out.

Monica McCoy

In your price range, you can either have a really nice used set or a crappy new one.

Plus the used one will hold it's value better in case you want to sell it later on.

GuelphPercussionist

hi everyone i am new to this forums , i am an aspiring drummer ,i've been wanting to get me a drumset for a while now and after thinking about it i decided i want to just go for it , for xmas i wanna get me my very first kit my budget is around $$1000-1300 but i dont know exactly what to go with , i see myself playing it as a hobby of mine, i would like my first kit to be somethin i remember as some well spent money hopefully hehe, dont want to end up buying a shitty kit and then just give up in between, due to sound and look of the kit just being horrible or not my taste if it helps music i like in general bands like lamb of god , metallica , slayer , megadeth , as well as a few others , brands i been looking at so far has been tama. i saw a tama imperialstar 7 piece kit for sale online and it looked decent , i been trying to find reviews on it and such but no luck , any tips on gettin that first kit ? thx
Drumkits don't sound bad, drummers sound bad. Don't waste that much right away, start with a decent $600-800 Pearl or Tama. My first kit was only 300 and it sounded awesome just because I was starting, and learning new things made up for the sound. My kit now was only 700 and it is fantastic, and it gets even better live as the acoustics in my room suck. I have a pearl EXR custom export I would recommend it but get new skins. Just get a decent cheap kit and put some money in good add-ons such as cymbals and hardware like the others have said.