Anyone with experience with Guitar Center's Pro Coverage on cracked drum shells?

whoreian

Hey guys!

I recently bought a Yamaha Stage Custom from Guitar Center and also got 2 years of pro coverage for it. I also just realized there is a small crack on the inside of the bass drum shell along one of the lug screws-I am very sure I did not cause this as I have only used the bass drum a few times, and take very good care of it.

The pro coverage terms and conditions state that they will replace or repair cracked drum shells and the Guitar Center salesman also told me that I can get a whole new set if there is a crack in any shell.

So I just wanted to know if anyone has personal experiences with cracked drum shells under Pro Coverage and if you can actually get a new drumset/shell without any secret background costs/issues.

THANKS!!

Les Ismore

Platinum Member
Hey guys!

I recently bought a Yamaha Stage Custom from Guitar Center and also got 2 years of pro coverage for it. I also just realized there is a small crack on the inside of the bass drum shell along one of the lug screws-I am very sure I did not cause this as I have only used the bass drum a few times, and take very good care of it.

The pro coverage terms and conditions state that they will replace or repair cracked drum shells and the Guitar Center salesman also told me that I can get a whole new set if there is a crack in any shell.

So I just wanted to know if anyone has personal experiences with cracked drum shells under Pro Coverage and if you can actually get a new drumset/shell without any secret background costs/issues.

THANKS!!
Shouldn't be any costs other than the time you have to wait (if you're after something they don't have in stock). GS should handle it, you're covered, you paid for the insurance.

whoreian

Shouldn't be any costs other than the time you have to wait (if you're after something they don't have in stock). GS should handle it, you're covered, you paid for the insurance.
Thanks for the reply! That's true, I paid for the insurance so I should be covered. Now I have to decide if I wanna replace my drums now or wait.

Thanks for the reply! That's true, I paid for the insurance so I should be covered. Now I have to decide if I wanna replace my drums now or wait.
Your drums have a five year warranty against defects. PM me your info and I'll work with you to get them replaced. I'll need photos of the crack, etc. The ease of replacing them will depend on which version of Stage Custom you have. Hit me up and I'll help. BTW, yes, I work for Yamaha.

v.zarate

Gold Member
Your drums have a five year warranty against defects. PM me your info and I'll work with you to get them replaced. I'll need photos of the crack, etc. The ease of replacing them will depend on which version of Stage Custom you have. Hit me up and I'll help. BTW, yes, I work for Yamaha.
Customers service at its finest!!!! :thumbs up: