Anyone else??

harryconway

Platinum Member
Lol i wasnt being defensive, the Delta posts seem to have everyone jumping to point out over reactions.
Interesting, being that your post directly quotes/misquotes me ... without ever so much addressing the OP or the subject matter of this thread .... I'm not a part of the Delta thread ... and have no intention/interest in posting there.​
I would apologize for any perceived hostility in my post that you saw, but the fact that you had to be so condescending in your second post, ill chalk it up even.
No apology needed .... no "condescension" implied (on my part) .... maybe a little sarcasm .... simply stating facts .... your kit costs twice as much as the kits I'm referring to, and you have almost half the number of drums I'm referring to ... just trying to keep it real ...​

tezzerii

I have a couple of obsessive rituals when at a gig - one is to always go back in the room after packing up at the end, when everything is in the car, just to make sure I haven't left anything.
The other is when I've finished setting up the kit, I have to go out front to look at it, see how it looks on stage, admire it, love it, think to myself, doesn't that look GREAT!!
I love how my kit sounds, and that comes first, but I love how it LOOKS too, and to me it's important.
I have to admit, I got a black reso for the bass drum because I think it looks cool! Argh! But I wouldn't do it if I thought it would be detrimental to the sound.

Duckenheimer

Lol i wasnt being defensive, the Delta posts seem to have everyone jumping to point out over reactions. I would apologize for any perceived hostility in my post that you saw, but the fact that you had to be so condescending in your second post, ill chalk it up even.
Gretsch Cataline might not be Pearl Masters, but they are good drums. Not the kind of cheap or excessiveness being referred to.

harryconway

Platinum Member
I love how my kit sounds, and that comes first, but I love how it LOOKS too, and to me it's important.
I have to admit, I got a black reso for the bass drum because I think it looks cool! Argh! But I wouldn't do it if I thought it would be detrimental to the sound.
Agreed, I played Ludwig clear Vistalite drums for over 25 years .... great sounding "stage" drums .... and great "looking" stage drums ....
Anything you might need "different" ... like for studio work .... that's what cats like Ross Garfield/Drum Doctors is there for ...​
Gretsch Cataline might not be Pearl Masters, but they are good drums. Not the kind of cheap or excessiveness being referred to.
Yeah .... someone else understands ....​

Homeularis

Gold Member
To me, looks and sound are pretty much equal, and they can both be had so easily (with a little research) that I really dont understand the argument.

Are you getting costomers that say "gimme a kit that looks cool but sounds like crap".

You have to almost go out of your way to buy a bad sounding but cool looking kit, dont you?.

What kits look cool but sound bad anyway?.....AAAAAAH!...I'm getting annoyed!!!.....JK. :)

People wanting whatever they want dont really bother be (for the most part (; ).