Any good Christmas goodies?

porter

Platinum Member
my other half got me a ukelele. I had to pull off an oscar winning performance to appear grateful.I haven't started practising yet. Is there anyway I can use the thing as a drum?
Split the neck into sticks and tape a head over the sound hole?

KenDoken

Split the neck into sticks and tape a head over the sound hole?
HaHa - that might take some explaining. I have tried hitting it and it sounds bad. getting into playing the thing now, its fun to shred.

can't help feeling she trying to steer me away from drums tho. I must be strong.

SquadLeader

Gold Member
my other half got me a ukelele. I had to pull off an oscar winning performance to appear grateful.I haven't started practising yet. Is there anyway I can use the thing as a drum?
Oh well.

In my best Lancastrian accent.....

"eeee it's turned out nice again an't it"

Zickos

Gold Member
No one buys me drum items for any occasion. I'm just too darn picky.

Some time ago I bought a 16" Dream Bliss crash from a member of another web site. I know, buying Dream cymbals unheard is not a good idea. Too much difference in them. I tried to like it but it's just too brittle a sound for my taste. If anyone wants it, it's for sale. The fellow was late in getting me the cymbal so he sent me a gift for my trouble. It was a 13 x 6-1/2 drum case. I don't own a 13" drum so a lot of good that did.

Well, my children live in a town with a five star drum shop and we visited them over Christmas. I knew I was going to spend an extra day there so, I took my cymbal bag (and some saved up money) to see if I could find one. I did. It is a 16" Dream Contact that sounds great with my other cymbals. It was just what I was looking for and at a very reasonable price. Can't wait to use it at a gig.

Well, (do you know how dangerous it can be to be in a five star drum shop with excess money?) I happened to mention to the proprietor the story of the Dream Bliss I didn't particularly care for and the free drum bag. He said "Yeah, that will do you a lot of good". Of course, at the time we were standing next to his display of snare drums. I asked "Do you have any 13" snares that are in my price range?" Well, he made me a heck of a deal. And it is a 13 x 6-1/2.

View attachment 60415
View attachment 60416
View attachment 60417

Pics aren't great because it is in my crowded studio at night, It's actually a darker color that this. It sounds great with a little tune up and, again, I can't wait for my first gig.
I hate to resurrect an old thread such as this, especially in the middle of January, but I got my first chance to try out my new cymbal and snare at a gig and, well, it wasn't what I thought it was going to be.

It was WAY better. I love the sound of both of them. :)

drummer-russ

Gold Member
I am late to this too. My wife and I decided to give each other a budget to buy things for ourselves. She got a new fancy sewing machine. I got new black chrome heads, a pair of vintage new beats, and a 10" tom to match my kit (after painting it). I still have a little left over and am looking into a audio interface or mixer, spending on what I can find and what I need first.

Of course they were already on my kit by Christmas morning. :)

johnkeats

Christmas is and will be the favorite time for almost every one in this world. And getting goodies on this particular day brings lots of joy and happiness in our lives. This Christmas I received a surprisingly a brand new guitar from my fiance. The type of guitar I had long cherished. I am sp much thank full. Now I will be able to start my teaching sessions online.