Advice on upgrading kit.

HBHdrummer

Hey everyone, been lurking for a while, first post here. I'm playing an 8 yr old Pearl Export that's pretty wore out. I'm wanting to upgrade to a better kit. PDP Concept Maple caught my eye, but I cant really find a whole alot of info on forums and reviews. Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions about this kit? Im in a band that gigs 3-5 times a month and we've done one EP. Do you think this kit woud have a "pro" sound, or would it be worth it to save and shoot for a Pearl Masters or maybe a Mapex Saturn? Thanks a bunch guys.

hyruleherojoe

I have a PDP x7 kit and its very similar to the concept maple. From what I understand is that concept maple is a step up from the x7. I absolutely love my PDP kit. Its very well built and sounds extremely nice and punchy. Put some Evans G2 over Evans G1 and you hve yourself a pro sounding kit.

HBHdrummer

Awesome. Just pulled the trigger on a PDP Concept Maple 7-piece with Pearlescent White finish for 802.45$ tax shipping and all. #excited

porter

Platinum Member
Congrats. I am very keen to recommend the Concept series for a low-cost good-quality set.

But did you just use a hashtag on a vBulletin forum...?

HBHdrummer

I think I did lol, sorry. Do you like the PDP concept pretty good? I wanted to get something really nice, but I think I would be afraid to take anything much more expensive out to bars & clubs on the road like I do.