Advice on Pearl wlx world series

Leigh

I am looking at buying a pearl wlx world series kit for my daughter. Is this a good kit to buy? It is priced at £500 for 3 Tom's base and snare. Does it sound a good price?

Elven Bones

I am looking at buying a pearl wlx world series kit for my daughter. Is this a good kit to buy? It is priced at £500 for 3 Tom's base and snare. Does it sound a good price?

I think that's kind of a high price, but they are good mid-level drums. It's probably going to be power tom sizes, so be aware of that. I play a WLX and had the 12" and 13" in toms cut to 8" and 9" depths respectively. In the 90's, the WLX was renamed "Prestige Session", if I recall correctly.

The lacquer both outside and inside the shell is nice if they are still in good shape.

pgm554

Platinum Member
I think that's kind of a high price, but they are good mid-level drums. It's probably going to be power tom sizes, so be aware of that. I play a WLX and had the 12" and 13" in toms cut to 8" and 9" depths respectively. In the 90's, the WLX was renamed "Prestige Session", if I recall correctly.

The lacquer both outside and inside the shell is nice if they are still in good shape.
Good sounding drums,but as suggested ,a bit over priced.