A public thank you.

No; Thank You Andy! Thank you for having the drive to explore new ideas in drum making during hard economic times.
Understanding the inside scoop on how your products work helps us to better understand other drums.
When a company like yours innovates we all prosper from it because other manufacturers will raise the bar on their products.

Last edited:
Thank you, too, Andy. I am not eloquent enough to say anything profound here, and most of what I would say has already been said, anyway.

I'm proud to be involved in such an awesome community. What I have to offer is humble, at best, but I strive to offer it with the same generosity you demonstrate, Andy. Most everyone here is generous, really. It's a great group of people.

There is a misconception that this forum is about drumming, drum equipment and drummers. I've learned over the last several days however, that it is about none of these. It's about COMMUNITY.

A few weeks ago, somebody asked me where I attended high school? I told him Drummerworld forum. Actually not so far off.

Just a quick update- After not liking Nashville so much I'm preparing for a John Scofield audition which would finally pull me in with a Miles guy. I'm having to prepare the last album. I'll let you know how all that goes. Till next time.

but do let me know if you ever need a hand in the graphic design area.

Marketing strategy, advertising, wildlife photography, food,artist management,music festivals, sex therapy…

My wares fer yer perview. Andy, leme know if you ever…

Just a quick update- After not liking Nashville so much I'm preparing for a John Scofield audition which would finally pull me in with a Miles guy.

!!!!

Keep us posted, Matt!

Andy, I feel like perhaps I owe you an apology, and the rest of DW for that matter. As the first one to directly confront Shemp on the situation, perhaps I should have just kept my mouth shut and let it go. Maybe things would have transpired differently, I don't know. Sometimes I have a problem keeping my thoughts to myself, and I say what I feel when I feel like I need to. It makes for problems sometimes, and that was something I was not trying to do.

I apologize for being out of the loop on this one, Andy. I'm not even going to find out what happened - but I'm glad we're all able to get through it. Mary is right - this place is about community - and we should be glad we as members realize this as this is not the case on alot of other forums.

Heck, I joined a photo forum on the Fuji X camera system and people literally call each other names and things get so heated it's hard to believe they keep visiting. That website even sports a button to block members from you! Hell, it's just a camera - there's not much to it. Well, I guess we talk about drums, so other than the nuts and bolts of 'em, there's not much to that either, but DrummerWorld stands as a class act when compared to many other forums.

So whatever happened, it's couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of people ;)

My dear. Many people on here know how good you have been to me. For no benefit to you WHATSOEVER.

You said a while back that you were tired of defending yourself when people accused you of "marketing". I can see why you felt like that. But all you need to do is reply "Please bring it to the attention of the mods". If they don't have a problem, then nobody else does either.

Ohh, I love it when I'm right. Doesn't happen often, but when it does - ohhhh.

Guys - too many replies & kind words to single anyone out, so thank you all. Congratulate yourselves on such a wonderful place, & I thank each & every one of you for your empathy.

Matt, good to hear from you. I hope things take a turn in the right direction.

Stuff happens. Smart people get over it.
The percentage of smart people on this forum seems a lot higher than any I've been a part of.
Obviously the 10k+ guys (and gals) play a huge part in keeping this place what it is, so a big hats off to them!

And especially Andy. I haven't posted that much, but I have learned so much just by reading his posts. As a woodworker / hobbyist I have really enjoyed to be allowed a glimpse into what goes into designing and building drums of that caliber - the level of skill of mr Dean Price is a joy to witness.

Cue in the violins... And the Oscar goes to

Well that's a blatant untruth right there.

It's documented that there was caek.

HAGA!

Ha!

Andy tuned a whole kit and had a caek...

... I tuned a snare and a tom, and I had a tea, a beer, a glass of wine, a roast diner, a fruit crumble with custard cream, a coffee and a...CAEK!

Howzat?

Saint Andy. Has a certain ring to it, right?

To those offended by the blatant advertising on St Andrew's, um, gown / cloak / cape? please accept my apologies ...

Edit ... it occurs to me that this is an angel rather than a saint. Consider it a promotion!

Attachments

• St-Andrew.jpg
    St-Andrew.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 377
Capes, Saturns, and now "caek"...

south-parks-towelie-compared-literary--large-msg-13033066312.jpg

I'll tell you, Andy. The expertly-taken photographs of your beautiful craftsmanship and the witty, smart way you presented them made for a very special and classy corner of this forum. Lovely photos of beautiful hand-crafted drums presented by the craftsman himself, a craftsman who is modest, self-deprecating and who lovingly shares his abiding love of drumming and drums. Your amiable, inelligent personality just oozed from your posts, making them always something to look forward to.

I'm finding it difficult to accept that all that has now been taken away, and if it ever returns I can honestly say that I will be very happy to see it again.

Jay

I'll tell you, Andy. The expertly-taken photographs of your beautiful craftsmanship and the witty, smart way you presented them made for a very special and classy corner of this forum. Lovely photos of beautiful hand-crafted drums presented by the craftsman himself, a craftsman who is modest, self-deprecating and who lovingly shares his abiding love of drumming and drums. Your amiable, inelligent personality just oozed from your posts, making them always something to look forward to.

I'm finding it difficult to accept that all that has now been taken away, and if it ever returns I can honestly say that I will be very happy to see it again.

Jay

OK where's Jay and what did you do with him?

OK where's Jay and what did you do with him?

Ha ha. Come on Larry. I'm being serious here. This forum has suffered a loss, I don't see any other way of looking at it. And I'm fairly angry at the way it all went down. Not right at all, sorry Andy.

Ha!

Andy tuned a whole kit and had a caek...

... I tuned a snare and a tom, and I had a tea, a beer, a glass of wine, a roast diner, a fruit crumble with custard cream, a coffee and a...CAEK!

Howzat?

And I had my hi hat expertly sizzled.

As a Laydee, of course, I cannot be prevailed upon to tell whose technique was better, Andy's or Henri's. Haga!

it occurs to me that this is an angel rather than a saint. Consider it a promotion!

Wonderful!

Back