A public thank you.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
The last few days have been "interesting" for me on the forum, to say the least. Both good & bad emerged from this experience. One that's really touched me is the response from Snorbuckle. A long time lurker & first time poster who chimed in to help me out with the website. He's a professional web developer, & took the time to really look into what I was doing. Yesterday, he sent me a very comprehensive breakdown of points I should address. This took some considerable amount of time & effort to assemble. I'm working through his points now, but it will take me a while. All makes sense too.

The real point is this. Here's a drummer helping out another drummer, but moreover, someone putting in time to help someone out he's never met & doesn't know by any other means. That speaks volumes to me. Other members have offered help too, & I'll be in touch with all of them over the coming days, as I want as much input as possible.

While I'm here, to this point, I haven't had the opportunity to thank everyone else for the overwhelming level of support I've received. Even some past forum luminaries coming back in just to chime in with their thoughts. Of special note, some members from the fringes sighting posts I've put up moons ago, as having benefitted them. This was most humbling, & affected me more than my responses could show at the time. Thank you.

I didn't like some aspects of that thread though. Members, no matter how new to the forum, or how disconnected their opinion may be, should always be allowed to air their views without personal attacks resulting, so long as they present their POV respectfully & with integrity. Sometimes things get a little borderline, sometimes things cross over that border by a margin, they did on that thread, but on such occasions, stepping back & offering the benefit of doubt is a good thing for all to adopt. Please don't use this thread as a continuation of the locked thread. It's done, it's run it's course, today is another day.

Andy.

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
Your knowledge and insight of drum construction, alongside the cause and effect of anything (heads, rims, bearing edges, wood species, etc) fitted to a drum has benefited me more than you'll ever know.

Beside the obvious friendship we've developed over the years, I'm always keen and excited to read your technical expertise regarding the instrument we play.

You're a real asset to this forum, your integrity, your generosity, your friendship, your open mind and your willingness to help others is second to none, you're one of the driving member of this community here on DW and I'm proud and honoured to be associated with you.

You're also a damn fine rock drummer, I'm so glad you decided to go back to drumming after all these years.

Cheers Andy

H

mikel

Platinum Member
Respect to him/her. Whoever they are they have probably read a lot of your posts and realises what a helpful and friendly mine of information you are. You are reaping what you have sown.

BabyBob

Silver Member
So much gratitude in OP...

Thank You too for your Insightful posting on this forum not to mention your vast knowledge regarding drum construction and the likes. Yeap today is another day, put it to good use. I'm sure you'll be always welcomed on DW forum.

aydee

Platinum Member
You're a real asset to this forum, your integrity, your generosity, your friendship, your open mind and your willingness to help others is second to none, you're one of the driving member of this community here on DW and I'm proud and honoured to be associated with you.

You're also a damn fine rock drummer, I'm so glad you decided to go back to drumming after all these years.

Cheers Andy

H
….

Ditto.

Thank you for the very kind words Andy. I just did what made sense to me; given all your posts have contributed to the forum over the time I've been reading it, it felt only right that someone give a concerted effort to help you when you needed it, and I happened to have some insight.

And by the way, once you work through that list I'm sure there'll be more where that came from!

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks guys - really :)

And by the way, once you work through that list I'm sure there'll be more where that came from!
Holy crap! It's going to take me days to work through that, & then there's more???? This is tough stuff for a simpleton like me. Once I've modified png to jpeg, then resized, then altered all the text, then the layout, etc,etc, I have to go back in & redo all the mobile version layout, etc :(

Seriously, I'm so grateful, & it's going to make a big difference. I've completed one page, & I'm already seeing a huge improvement :) Once I've finished "phase 1", I'll publish it so you can tell me what you think.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
I have said this many times, that instances like this are what make me happy I come here daily. The drumming info is great. Drums, Cymbals, Professional Lessons, the ability to post Your Playing, is all valuable information but the thing I love the most are the members. Someone is always there it seems to help out with what may seem to others as silly or newbish, without hesitation. As a Mod now ,I sometimes have to bite my tongue and just sit back and watch as threads unfold and if necessary try to steer them back on course. For the most part they manage on their own. This forum is full of Ladies and Gentlemen that I hold in the highest esteem even having not met them and Sir Andy you are at the top of that list. You get help because you offer help. What goes round comes round. Please fill in your own cliche here but you all know what I mean. Thank you for publicly thanking Snorbuckle and for keeping the integrity of the forum at it highest.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
the thing I love the most are the members. Someone is always there it seems to help out with what may seem to others as silly or newbish, without hesitation.
Me too :) This place is just one big empty page without those contributing. On a personal level, thank you for your eloquent & touching words :)

Where are the "like" and "share" buttons ?
Don't go there - really, don't ;) ;) ;)

Andy....always the class act.Cheers my friend.:)

Steve B
Thanks Steve, but I can assure you, I have my failings. We all do, it's just the mix that's different.

alparrott

Platinum Member
Andy, I didn't get involved in the other thread in the same way that I try not to get involved in road wrecks. But I do want to make sure you hear (read) me saying this: Guru is a very important part of who you are and what you bring to the forum. I hope that the positive response over the past few days has helped you to reconsider your position, but either way, you have my utmost respect.

Web design is not where my specific skill set lies (sorry to disappoint, Grea), but do let me know if you ever need a hand in the graphic design area.

MaryO

Platinum Member
There is a misconception that this forum is about drumming, drum equipment and drummers. I've learned over the last several days however, that it is about none of these. It's about COMMUNITY. And just about every day that I visit this forum my faith in the people of that community is renewed and restored. Andy has just done that again :)

We will have our squabbles and disagreements but in the end, we will prevail with humanity and sensibility. It's what keeps me coming back over and over again.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Andy you're like the George Bailey of the forum. Everybody pitches in to help you when you need it, because you've helped everybody here at one point or another.

(George Bailey is the main character from the film "It's a Wonderful Life")

8Mile

Platinum Member
I missed a lot, apparently, and now the thread is closed.

All I can say is, rock on, Andy. Don't let the haters get you down. You're always tops in my book.

People have used the word integrity a lot around here and I'm glad; that's always one of the first that pops into mind when I think of how you've managed your role on this forum as not only drummer and drum enthusiast, but also business owner.

I'm on your side about letting others state their contradicting opinions in a civil environment, but the passionate responses here should tell you something about the esteem in which you are held by this community.

Keep on keepin' on, buddy.

Your friend,
8Mile

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
In a way, Andy, you are living with a dream job that a lot of us share. I know I do. My dad was a woodworker too. I was too young and dumb at the time to help him out because that would mean living in Florida. (No offense, Florida)

We are lucky to have you here and you help make all of our drumming journeys that much better. Sorry if I might have been over-the-line with my comment in the other thread. My blood boiled.

tamadrm

Platinum Member
Larry.I remember saying the same thing to Grea,a while ago.The anology is perfect.I think,if Andy only had 10 cents to his name,...if he thought you needed it more that he did,he'd give it to you,and do it without expecting to be paid back.

We're not nominating you for sainthood Andy...after all,we are drummers.:):)

Steve B

Jeff Almeyda

Senior Consultant
I missed almost all of the craziness on that recent thread because I was busy and away from the forum.

Andy, your posts concerning drum sound and shell construction originally struck me as so far advanced beyond the norm that they piqued my curiosity.

I then found out you were a great guy as well when I began corresponding and eventually doing business with you.

I'm not surprised at the level of public support for you, you give plenty of yourself to this site and you deserve it because you are the real thing. You are a lover of drums who is also a good soul.

Andy can't/won't say it anymore so I will: Guru drums are the best in the world.

That's why I bought a set.

steadypocket

Gold Member
I have said this many times, that instances like this are what make me happy I come here daily. The drumming info is great. Drums, Cymbals, Professional Lessons, the ability to post Your Playing, is all valuable information but the thing I love the most are the members. Someone is always there it seems to help out with what may seem to others as silly or newbish, without hesitation. As a Mod now ,I sometimes have to bite my tongue and just sit back and watch as threads unfold and if necessary try to steer them back on course. For the most part they manage on their own. This forum is full of Ladies and Gentlemen that I hold in the highest esteem even having not met them and Sir Andy you are at the top of that list. You get help because you offer help. What goes round comes round. Please fill in your own cliche here but you all know what I mean. Thank you for publicly thanking Snorbuckle and for keeping the integrity of the forum at it highest.
Hear hear! Well said.