70's Pearl "All" Fiberglass set- Value?

kellyhvk1

Morning guys. I am new to the group and I have scrolled through previous posts but haven't found anything to really establish a value on these beauties. Can someone please help advise me on whether I made a good deal or maybe I have over-paid? They are all original and I purchased these from the original owner. They also came with hard travel cases for all the Toms. The only thing not original is the high hat stand and all the cymbals. Any comments to help me will be much appreciated!
Kelly

Attachments

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Welcome to the forum. You didn't state what you paid there Kelly, so I have nothing. Black dot head as a kick reso, there's something you don't see everyday. You've got some crazed tom angles going on there too lol.

kellyhvk1

Sorry, I paid $350 for everything. I didn't really make it a point to set up the toms the way I usually play them. I just quickly set them up so I could grab a pic.

B-squared

Silver Member
I had a 5 piece set of those in red satin. It was my first drum set. They were heavy and they were loud. The hardware wasn't the greatest, but back in those days, just about all hardware was crap with the exception of a few innovations that Rogers had.

They were never considered "classic" that I remember, but I think they were under-rated. They were as loud as acrylics. You will have to tell us what you paid for us to say whether you overpaid. I can say that those were hard to price because they were not that common and they didn't seem to get a lot of attention. They were good drums.

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
Sorry, I paid $350 for everything. I didn't really make it a point to set up the toms the way I usually play them. I just quickly set them up so I could grab a pic.
$350 is great.

While the Pearl fiberglass shells were intended to be a "pro" set, they never really caught. But for $350 for all that, it's a great deal.

Have fun with those!!!

harryconway

Platinum Member
Peter Criss played a set of fiberglass Pearls. And loud they were. As others have said, they didn't catch on. Drummers a fickle about most anything (drums) not made of plywood. You got a steal, for $350. Double that, would probably be a fair going price. For the drums. Cases and hardware/cymbals .... that's just gravy on the plate. If you're in a rock band, those will serve you well.​