30 Richest Drummers.

A

Anthony Amodeo

who shocked me was Steven Adler

the fact that he is above Mick....and even more so that he has any money at all

I guess he is lucky that Slash and Axl were young and naive enough to credit all of writing of Appetite For Destruction to the lot of G&R

the guy has been a hardcore addict for the better part of 25 years, hasn't made any music and is lucky he has a pot to piss in let alone have millions of dollars

MaryO

Platinum Member
Personally I found it interesting that Fleetwood was only worth 8.5 million. With a franchise like Fleetwood Mac, you would think he would have come in much higher. Too much in-fighting and years of hard living, I guess.

NerfLad

Silver Member
Those are unfathomable amounts of money. I never thought of some of my favorite drummers as being absurdly rich but I don't know why I'm surprised.

mmulcahy1

Platinum Member
How is Neil Peart at #22?

David Grohl at $225,000,000? What is he, a banking and investment wizard? Maybe he's the only pro drummer with an MBA! =)

I think I'll go on a world tour next month. That should help the bottom line... yeah, a world tour.

Wacky stuff.

whitecatcafe

How is Neil Peart at #22?

David Grohl at $225,000,000? What is he, a banking and investment wizard? Maybe he's the only pro drummer with an MBA! =)

I think I'll go on a world tour next month. That should help the bottom line... yeah, a world tour.

Wacky stuff.
Not really a Grohl fan, but he is where he is because he writes most if not all of the Foo Fighters hits. Not sure how many songs Peart is credited with.

alparrott

Platinum Member
Note that these are projections only based on songwriting credits, calculated royalties, etc. and not strictly accurate. They don't necessarily take into account lifestyle or financial decisions made post-income.

The people towards the top of the list are there because of their multifaceted entertainment portfolios. Ringo of course is Ringo. Phil wrote the soundtrack to the 80s, acted, and has scored huge Disney movies and stuff. Dave Grohl not only wrote every smash hit the Foo Fighters ever recorded, but is also the former drummer for some little obscure band from Aberdeen, Washington.

Then we have people who are in long-lived, extremely successfully marketed bands. Many of those bands are arguably past their prime, yet still command triple-digit ticket prices. In fact, we don't get anyone with a resume shallower than 1990 until we hit our old friend Travis. And beyond him, only Tre Cool, Carter Beauford, and Danny Carey have start dates later than 1985 (going by Wikipedia).

I believe the Rush split is indeed pretty close to three ways. While Neil is never credited with music on any Rush album (with the exception of drum solos), he is the primary lyricist, and therefore does receive writing credit on 95% of their catalog. However, the band is so private and modest about their accomplishments, we might be holding our breath a long time before this is confirmed.

Duck Tape

Platinum Member
I find the Dave Grohl/Taylor Hawkins disparity interesting. I thought Dave's Nirvana history would be the biggest help.

Danny Carey is my favorite from that list.

Sad that the worlds best aren't topping that list, let alone on it.

NerfLad

Silver Member
Note that these are projections only based on songwriting credits, calculated royalties, etc. and not strictly accurate. They don't necessarily take into account lifestyle or financial decisions made post-income..
“The figures contained in this list were acquired from all publicly available information including salaries, real estate holdings, divorces, record sales, royalties and endorsements. The final net worths come from a formula that takes out taxes, manager’s fees, agents’ fees, and lifestyle.“

Only estimated, yes, but not completely ignored.

Garvin

Pioneer Member
I'm actually pretty surprised at the net worth of that list. Pretty ironic in a couple cases that bands like the Grateful Dead and Phish generated so much friggin' money. I know a few people with that kinda dough, but they definitely aren't musicians.

A

Anthony Amodeo

Not really a Grohl fan, but he is where he is because he writes most if not all of the Foo Fighters hits. Not sure how many songs Peart is credited with.
Peart writes most if not all of Rush lyrics and is credited as such

A

Anthony Amodeo

I guess Foo Fighters enjoy more commercial success than Rush does.
you guess?

you would have to live under a buried rock to not realize that the Foo Fighters have enjoyed 10 times the commercial success than Rush ever has and most likely ever will

dtrushr30dw

If only the amount of money drummers made was based around how good they are.. that list would be completely different.