2011 NAMM Scout Wish List

brady

Platinum Member
More info on the (new?) Paiste 602 please.

Any new Zildjian offerings.

And whatever is new from Ludwig that Bermuda is teasing us with...

drumhead61

Gold Member
I'd like to see more detailed photos of Gretsch's 57 Renown shellpack. I love the look of the drums - especially the 6.5" snare...
It is amazing what filters can do with a pic...I took pics of this kit today @ the NAMM Snow and it looks NOTHING like the pro pics...ROFL, but in person it is SOOO SEXY

drumhead61

Gold Member

And whatever is new from Ludwig that Bermuda is teasing us with...[/quote]

I do not recall Bermuda musing about something new this morning when he gave us the tour...I was 20 minutes late however! :-( I did not spend much time today on cymbals...kits first

keep it simple

Platinum Member
I didn't think I'd have online access, but I do!

However, I didn't bring my card reader, so I can't post pics, but anyway....

To the Rack:

No. Hex rack is discontinued at this time.

There will be a new hex rack next year (or so).

The ambiguity surrounding the rack has to with a legal issue over a patent of a particular part that came with the rack; which is why availability has been so up in the air. So until that is sort out, no rack.

I was assured when the new rack comes out, it will be compatible with the old rack.
Thanks for the clarification DED. Much appreciated. You'd think they'd do a better job of keeping their customers informed though! If they're working on something, I might just wait until they get their act together. I already have a gigging rack, so I can scrape by.

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member

[ COLOR=darkorange]And whatever is new from Ludwig that Bermuda is teasing us with...[[/COLOR]/quote]

I do not recall Bermuda musing about something new this morning when he gave us the tour...I was 20 minutes late however! :-( I did not spend much time today on cymbals...kits first

The tease was the snare case

I think you got a photo of it?

Drumolator

Platinum Member
I am very interested in the Sabian AAX Omni 18" and 22". Check 'em out if you can, and give a report. Peace and goodwill.

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
Looking for photos of the new Mapex Black Panther Blaster kit if anyone could help out!
Thanks in advance
I went back and took more pics of the Blaster kit. I just can't upload them from the hotel.

And whatever is new from Ludwig that Bermuda is teasing us with...
I took pics of the 602s. They sound nice. Very thin cymbals though.

Funniest thing at Zildjian is a sign saying "new for 2011, Swish Knocker" uh...it's not new, it was just discontinued for a while.

They have some new K hybrids.

And the new Gen16 e-cymbals that not actually e-cymbals. These are very cool. I'll post more about them when I can properly gather my thoughts.

brady

Platinum Member
I took pics of the 602s. They sound nice. Very thin cymbals though.

Funniest thing at Zildjian is a sign saying "new for 2011, Swish Knocker" uh...it's not new, it was just discontinued for a while.

They have some new K hybrids.

And the new Gen16 e-cymbals that not actually e-cymbals. These are very cool. I'll post more about them when I can properly gather my thoughts.
Sweet! Thanks!

I wonder if that was a new Swish Knocker from Zildjian? I recall John Riley playing a swish prototype on one of the Memphis Drumshop videos. I believe it was called a ''Village Vanguard Swish Knocker''. I think it had only 3 or 6 rivets in it.

Since I've never played a 602, where do they fall in relation to Zildjian? Closer to the K range?

KONA

Silver Member
I've been hoping for the last year that Gretsch would come up with this. I even asked a few of the Vintage Gurus why do they not just build it - again!

Well........someone was listening or it's just a coincidence......but here it is ...exactly what I was wishing for !

I saw it in this photo taken at NAMM this year and asked when they would be ready for sale

I just received this from Paul Cooper - he builds Gretsch USA drums:

Gary, The microsensitive is a project I have been working on for about the last year. I brought it to NAMM. We will be offering them as an option on snares and selling them individually as sales parts. It will retro fit old drums. They should be available in about 2 months time. Thanks,Paul

Pretty suite

Attachments