2 minute anonymous drum survey--please help!

drummurd

Hey there, I'm working on a school research project and I'm trying to get some baseline info on electronic drum equipment.

Would any of you mind taking this really short (less than 2 minutes) survey?

It's totally anonymous and doesn't ask for any personal information (in fact I don't want any).

It would really help me out!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FYC5BV3

toddmc

Gold Member
Done deal.
Wasn't sure about the digital audio interface question though. Does this refer to using Superior Drummer or other VST's?

BacteriumFendYoke

Platinum Member
Done deal.
Wasn't sure about the digital audio interface question though. Does this refer to using Superior Drummer or other VST's?
No, it's referring to a DAC/ADC system.

Fair play to putting Max MSP in the software options. Sometimes it feels like I'm the only guy using it...

BacteriumFendYoke

Platinum Member
Digital-Analogue Convertor/Analogue-Digital Converter.

Anything that converts signals from one to the other and vice-versa, i.e. a computer interface or sound card.

wildbill

Platinum Member
Easier for me to put it here, I guess. I'm a hobbiest with this stuff.

In the order I acquired them:

Echo Gina - PCI - 20 bit - 2 in, 8 out - midi

Aardvark 24/96 - PCI - 24 bit - 4 in, 6 out - midi

E-mu Proteus X - PCI - 24 bit, 2 in, 2 out - midi

Steinberg UR-22, - 24 bit - USB - 2 in, 2 out - midi

All have additional digital ins or outs.

Most important thing to know about interfaces is that as form factors and computer OS's
change, interfaces often become unusable orphans.

Of the 4 I have, only the UR-22 is currently usable. Computers with PCI slots are difficult to find, and 2 of the software programs won't even install.
One company (Aardvark) is defunct.

Digital gear = buyer beware

I use Cubase and hard disc recorders (4 and 8 powered preamps), but have several other DAW programs that I don't use.
I have a few sets of sample pads and triggers.