1st annual East Coast Get Together

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
OK so I guess now we don't HAVE to do it on Labor Day weekend. Perhaps we can pick a date where Steve B can make it. Again, open to suggestions.

Smoke, as organized as it sounds, I don't want to make a formal thing where there is an admission. I'm fine with supplying the set ups I mentioned. I just don't want to get bogged down with money matters, I wanna have fun!

I mean people are spending their money to get here, some will be spending quite a bit, and since I don't have to drive anywhere, the least I can do is provide food and basic drinking material. I think I should probably limit the number of people to about 200, so it doesn't turn out to be unmanageable. Maybe I'm being optimistic but I don't think my average house could handle more than 200.

Perhaps I should print a limited number of (free) tickets, so I can control the amount of attendees for the greater good of the party.

Think 200 is enough? I think between floor space/couch space/bed space, the inside of my house could sleep maybe 25. The rest would have to camp outside or get a local hotel if they want to sleep over. I'm sure not everyone will opt to stay over, especially the people who may be bringing their children, although they are welcome to camp out.

I don't do things like this that often at my place, but I'll get all the details ironed out and we will have something very special to look forward to. I'm very excited about this!

Creeply, yes it would be a crime. Please stop by.

Phil, if you could make it out....we can finally bury this confounded hatchet. I am willing to forgive and forget if you are. What do you say? Friends?

Muckster

Platinum Member
Sounds like a great idea! Maybe have a drum circle as well.....everyone could bring their favorite percussion.

hyruleherojoe

Hey if its possible can we keep it in August? School starts around the end of August/beginning of September. I'm in on this 100%. It would most likely be me and the lady attending. If possible I'd like a little corner to curl up in haha. If not I'll have my minivan! Can't wait for this!

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
OK a vote for August. Keep them coming folks! I live on a cul de sac. I don't know that there's enough parking to handle everyone. There is a ballfield about 600 feet away that could accommodate the overflow. I suggest everyone bring one portable chair per person. As far as sleeping spaces go, you just have to claim your spot.

MaryO

Platinum Member
August works for us as well. Just set the date well in advance and I'll put my days off on the calendar at work as soon as we know! I hope your neighbors like you....lol

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Another August vote. I want to set a date by Jan 1 latest. That should be plenty of advance time for everyone, right? Until then we can kick around the idea and see what we come up with as far as a date.

iwantmemoney

Jeff Almeyda: "Since I'm bringing a Guru, I am claiming a premier spot!"

(The guy bringing the Premiers should get the Premier spot...I do feel very strongly about that).

keep it simple

Platinum Member
Jeff Almeyda: "Since I'm bringing a Guru, I am claiming a premier spot!"

(The guy bringing the Premiers should get the Premier spot...I do feel very strongly about that).
Haha, fair comment :)

Fight!!!!!!!!!!!

I really hope I can make this, it'll be like visiting the kids once they've left home :(

I've just been explaining to Larry how these kids grow up. They arrive all full of confidence but without the depth to back it up, Then gradually, they discover new talents, & truly find their place. I think Jeff's is the female of the two American Gurus though - grows up faster than Larry's.

hyruleherojoe

Man I' so excited! I already mapped out the route and side adventures to do! This is such an amazing thing you are doing Larry! Can't wait to learn even more from other DW'ers.

dmacc

Platinum Member
Wow, what a potential turn out! At this point, any weekend in August works as does Labor Day weekend.

Not my place to step in for suggestions but I'll simply ask would we need to get something like a VFW hall to accommodate all of us? I don't think I had this many people at my wedding reception.

SOGdrummer

Larry, I certainly am in..I'm not far (the Phoenixville area)...anything I can do to help I will.
Great idea..