12" x 7" Sleishman stave snare. What's it worth?

MightyUnicorn

Hey there, folks.

This is my first posting here, so I hope that I go at it properly!

I bought this snare a few years back, only because it was AWESOME in the store and it was too cheap to pass up. This drum sounds absolutely fantastic in all tuning ranges that I throw it into. Completely brutal, or crisp and snappy... it does it all.

Some have told me that it's a Sleishman snare drum. Is this correct?

I don't know what type of wood it's constructed from, but it's HEAVY. It's a 12" x 7" snare, free-floating design, and there's a sticker inside that says "Aug '95".

Do any of you know what the drum is worth? I have been looking around for pricing, and just can't get an idea of what I could get for it. Not knowing what type of wood it's made from certainly doesn't help, and not being able to confirm that it's a Sleishman doesn't help either, lol!

So, what do you all say? Can anyone answer the questions:

a) Is this a true Sleishman snare drum?

b) What type of wood is this snare constructed from?

c) How much is this snare worth?

Thanks so much, looking forward to hearing from all of you!

Attachments

Last edited:
It is Sleishman hardware, that is there free floating system. Before they went down to the round tube lugs.
Im not sure on the shell tho, they are big on nothing metallic on the shell, but your shell has a metal washer in the air hole. I have played lots of there drums but never seen a metal sound hole.
But im sure if you emailed them with a photo they could tell you.