10 lug wood snare ID?

opentune

Platinum Member
sorry, no badges, listed as a no name snare.
only one pic. wood snare, 5 or 5.5. x 14. 10 lugs,
I am hoping somebody recognizes the lugs or throw-off as a hint?
thanks for any help

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
The throw off looks like a generic one used by numerous companies. Gibraltar sells them as retro fits, DW used them in the early/mid 90's, and I know several other companies have used it at one point or another.

opentune

Platinum Member
The throw off looks like a generic one used by numerous companies. Gibraltar sells them as retro fits, DW used them in the early/mid 90's, and I know several other companies have used it at one point or another.
thanks. appears even throw-offs can be generic. 10 lugs ...i am thinking if its 10 lugs it can't be that much a cheapee.

longgun

Gold Member
thanks. appears even throw-offs can be generic. 10 lugs ...i am thinking if its 10 lugs it can't be that much a cheapee.
looks like something that was DIY..............probably a Keller shell with generic hardware.........more importantly, how does it sound?

uniongoon

Gold Member
Not a real good photo, the vent grommet looks cheap, maybe a Sonic shell or some made in Taiwan unit. I take it that it is not yours yet. If you get it, yank the heads and take a good shot of the inside and we will better be able to tell what you have.