Search results

1. B

When soundmen attack

I'm on a break at my gig right now and I'm so annoyed with this idiot that I needed to vent. It all started with the bass drum. He just couldn't believe it didn't have a hole cut in it. Told me several times that I "need" to port it. I told him I didn't need to do anything, I've never had any...
  2. B

Paiste 2002 Ride Cymbal

I've been playing Paiste (mostly Signatures) for about 10 years now. Even though I have always admired the Zildjian K series, I have never felt a reason to buy anything other than Paiste. To me, they are the most versitile and musicial cymbals. When I first started playing Paiste, I was...
  3. B

1977 Ludwig Big Beats

Some of you may remember that earlier this year I restored a set of 1977 Ludwig Big Beats that belonged to my father. I came across these pictures today and realized I never really posted any pictures of the final product under the stage lights. This is from a gig in January. Also pictured...
  4. B

1976-77 Ludwig Big Beats

Finally finished restoring my dad's old 1970's Ludwig Big Beat kit. The silver sparkle wrap is original. It was painted over in the 1980's. The wrap is surprisingly in great condition. New heads (Remo Emperors on top, Ambassadors on bottom)... Couldn't be happier!
  5. B

Anyone on here watch The Voice?

A girl that I play with here in Louisville, KY is in the top 20. She's on Christina Aguilera's team and is performing tonight. Her name is Olivia Henken. Please check her out, she's a great singer!
  6. B

Ludwig Cavern Club- Bass drum head

Last year I bought Ludwig's Guitar Center Exclusive "Cavern Club Fab 4". I've posted about it several times here on the forum. I love the kit. Here is my problem: About two days after buying the kit, I had to play a gig. I was excited to use my new drums, so I brought them along. I had not...
  7. B

Help id'ing 1970's Ludwig kit

Its my dads kit. He bought them in 1977 but they have the b/o badges which leads me to believe they were actually made in 1976. My problem is determining what model/series they are. Kick is 14X22, toms are mounted on bass drum, 8X12 and 10X13, and 16 inch floor Tom. They were originally a silver...
  8. B

Logo head dilemma

Love the look of an unported logo bass drum head, love the sound and feel of my fiberskyn with a kickport. Sound and feel should always come before aesthetics, so i mainly gig with the fiberskyn, even when my drums are unmiked. But lately on this forum I've seen some pictures of some classy...
  9. B

Just wanted to share

This is a picture of my kit from an outdoor gig last weekend
  10. B

Drumming Nightmares

My wife and I were talking about reoccurring dreams the other night and I mentioned to her one that I've had ever since I started playing live music 10 years ago. I was wondering if anyone else here has had similar experiences. In my dream I'm always at a gig, usually in front of a lot of...
  11. B

Ludwig Centennials

Found a great deal on some Ludwig Centennials on Craigslist. 20x22 kick, 8X12 rack, 14X16 floor. Also comes with a matching snare, which is nice, but I probably won't use it. It's in the natural lacquer finish, which from the pictures, appears to be in great condition and looks very classy...
  12. B

Ludwig cavern club/club dates

I know there are a few other drummers here that own a set of the cavern clubs/club date... What heads have you experimented with and what did you like the best?
  13. B

Bass drum suggestions

Im playing a gig tonight with my Ludwig Cavern Club kit, which has a 22X14 bass drum. The venue is rather small and the drums won't be mic'ed. What tuning methods do you guys suggest to get the best volume/resonance without sacrificing tone? I have a coated PS3 on the batter side and a...
  14. B

Removing paint from drum wrap

1970's Ludwig Silver Sparkle kit... someone painted it white. Want to safely remove the paint without harming the original wrap. Does anyone have any experience with something like this?
  15. B

New to the forums, just saying hello.

Hey there, long time viewer, first time poster. I browse these forums often for advice and tips, and throughout the years I've found this website (especially this message board) to be quite helpful, so I figured I'd join up. So.... My name is Brian and here is my drumset: Ludwig Cavern Club...
Back