Search results

1. no talent

The Grand Master Buddy Rich

Yes, class LL for our size if i remember correctly. huge marching band too as most of us played both. we won competitions in Newport and Montreal for orchestra and halftime show competition...band trips were the best. The drinking age was 18 in Montreal back then and we never got carded.
  2. no talent

I had the opposite in high school, everyone i talk to from concert, jazz and marching band loved the guy. He was funny but somehow he silently demanded and got your respect. i will never forget the time i screwed up but he defended me. a week before a big competition for the concert band, i...
  3. no talent

haha i never said i knew anything about music, i dont know anything about airplanes either but i fly in them, whats your point? I do average 2-3 gigs a wek so i guess people who listen think i know a little something....how often do you play live mr. internet troll?
  4. no talent

22 replies since joining in 2010 and this is what you choose to say?i dont know how to listen to German Death Metal either, its called an opinion. I think if you go far enough East, you will find a country which values your type of thinking. Sounds like you will fit right in, no one there is...
  5. no talent

I wouldn't admit eating pizza with that a@%hole. his discussion about how beneath him rock drummers were really turned me off and woke me up to the person. Anyway, i do have a turntable but that music, jazz,big band, again hi hat for 2 min, then an accented snare does nothing for me so i...
  6. no talent

All that big band and jazz stuff he played was 5 measures of hi hat and then an accented snare on 4. he was only an amazing soloist and thats it. AND because he was a self marketing whore, we only saw him on every talk show and Carson every week. im sure his contemporaries at the time, Roach...
  7. no talent

Buddy during his time was on a different level. He couldn't keep up with today Portnoys or Manginis though. He was leaps and bounds ahead back then, but now there is a bunch of guys on a level above him.
  8. no talent

Ever miss out on a craigslist deal of a lifetime?

This happened to me last summer and I still cant get it out of my head. I looked at a post that just said drums 100 dollars. It was a pic of a dusty 4 piece Premier kit, 3 Zildjian A's ride hat and crash and the kicker,,,,a Ludwig Lm400 supra. We were on the way out of the house to a graduation...
  9. no talent

i need ideas for a quicker load in/out

They do want to twist at times for me too, i just make sure i hold it low, it seems to stay going straight that was for some reason. They have some padding, enough for me anyway to load in and out and in my SUV.
  10. no talent

Quick update, I have figured it out i think. I have a protec bag with wheels that holds 3 drums. i tried it out on this setup. I have the bass drum, snare, pedal/stick bag throne top in it and the throne stand on the outside pocket....i went with another throne to see if i could fit it all and...
  11. no talent

Thanks everyone for the replies, i extended the courtesy of reading all of them. Bermuda, i have one of those bags per your recommendation from a post years ago and i love it. i think i will buy another for this little kit because my hardware for my other kit resides in it full time and i want...
  12. no talent

Hey guys, for a small venue we frequently play, i have downsized to a bass and snare, one cymbal stand with an 18 crash ride and an x-hat attachment. the problem is, it took me 3 trips to load in basically nothing. I have a cymbal bag, a throne bag, a snare bag, pedal/stick bag, snare stand...
  13. no talent

Mallets for quieter playing??

Ok, my promark rods just keep breaking at different lengths and the sticks catch when im playing my hi hats. I need rods for quieter, small venues. My question is, are mallets quiet like rods? Im thinking about getting the 2 sided stick/mallet type. has anyone played them and noticed a volume...
  14. no talent

Drummers who could have replaced Bonham in Zeppelin

Replaced while keeping the integrity of the other three members in tact.....zero, thats why they didnt replace him.
  15. no talent

What's your latest purchase?

My recent purchase. Mapex Black Panther maple with a rosewood veneer. this thing is a monster.
  16. no talent

ok, i might have to get some Gretsch Renowns

This past weekend my band did a double bill with another local band. The drummer contacted me and asked if i would like to share his kit. it would be fully miced so changeover would be a pain. i was a little skeptical but agreed ( all i needed was my stick bag so it was also convenient). Much to...
  17. no talent

Should I bother with this project? opinions

I recently inherited a 12x18 3 ply Ludwg bass drum. I believe it is from a jazette kit. It will need everything. its missing the retractable legs, only has one poor hoop, and the consolette which i would love has been replaced by a center mount. also, it was originally silver sparkle, at least...
  18. no talent

Where do you guys put your cell phones at a gig?

I have been trying to figure out what to do with my cell phone at gigs lately. after turning the ringer off, i usually lay it on top of my stick bag on the floor next to either my hi-hat pedal or my floor tom side depending on space. some gigs there is a window sill so i use that. i did rest it...
  19. no talent

snares vibrating when guitar is playing

Not sure why but the other night at a gig, my snare was buzzing like crazy. same gig, snare, guitar and amp as we always use and it never does it. what makes it do this and how to stop it next time? it was loud during songs.
  20. no talent

Question for EMAD2 users.

Just played in recording studio last night and used the house kit. Im almost embarrassed to say the brand and model of the kit because i loved the bass drum so much. He was using an EMAD2 as well as a blanket with no reso head, i hate that look in a big way but the sound was amazing live...
Back