Search results

1. Anne Beeche

How to play rudiments faster.

I'll go ahead and admit I've been neglecting my drum pad for a little while, and I've just started getting back on it. Don't smite me. ;--; Now, all I need to find out is how to play rudiments faster, besides constant practice. I can only bring them up to a slow, pitiful bpm before I lose my...
  2. Anne Beeche

Equip this poor newbie?

Alright, now I'm just looking for a little advice on picking out a first drum kit. Currently saving up for a used kit, so I have little control over what I'm going to get, but I'd like a good idea of what to look for. I don't want a starter's kit, since I hear that drummers outgrow them really...
  3. Anne Beeche

Old question: traditional grip vs. matched grip?

Of course, I have heard that both grips are equally good and have their own strengths and weaknesses, but I'd like to learn more about them. I've experimented with both grips (learned matched grip first), and I think I like traditional grip better. I am left-handed, but I'm teaching myself...
  4. Anne Beeche

A Maine drummer who makes perfectly matched sticks?

When I carried my sticks into my Biology class one day, my teacher told me about how she heard on TV about this drummer in Maine who started his own little stick manufacturing company. It all started when one day he dropped a bunch of sticks on the floor, and noticed they all hit the floor...
  5. Anne Beeche

Stage Names?

What is your stage name (if any), and how did you get it? A stage name doesn't have to be the name you use in a band or what your fans (if any) call you. It could be a nickname everybody just calls you, or the name you just prefer to be called by. Anne Beeche isn't my real name. It's actually...
  6. Anne Beeche

Help improve my crappy hand coordination?

Alrighty. I just started drumming the other day. All I have so far is my dad's old sticks and a shiny new Vic Firth rubber practice pad, since I have to save up every penny for the kit. So here I am learning the 40 drum rudiments. I'm doing the single stroke roll, and I'm a leftie (though I...
  7. Anne Beeche

Singing Drummers?

I've recently taken to my singing voice (I doubt it's good yet, but at least I can sing), and I was thinking about being a drummer AND lead vocalist if I ever decided to go for a musical career. Thing is, I've never heard of any singing drummers. If you know any, could you recommend them? That...