Search results

1. jofizzm

Allegra Big Baby...

I've seen shallow kicks from Allegra and C&C quite a lot lately, I like it. Seem to be quite reasonably priced too, and Allegra drums are quality. Lookie! http://www.allegradrums.com/kits_bigbaby.php https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C7Qh8apjyo
  2. jofizzm

Sabian Vault Artisan Light Ride...

20", brilliant finish. Price on this was too good to pass up...so I decided to try for my first gear flip! :) Super glassy, great crash. In fact, if I end up keeping it, I'd use it as a crash.
  3. jofizzm

Drum Heads?...

What? Wrong section? Pfft... Anybody seen this yet? Or even knew this channel existed? They have five episodes up on the site. May be US only... http://halogentv.com/shows/drumheads/
  4. jofizzm

UGH! I Have A Sickness...

Just bought another kit, crazy deal on a five piece Yamaha oak custom. 24x17, 10x8, 12x9, 14x14, and 16x16, blue sparkle...will it ever end! Probably not. :D I swear if I practiced as much as I scour for deals...you know, I'd be better. Is it a universal disease? Does there need to be a...
  5. jofizzm

Came Upon...

This pick and thought it was pretty neat. Then saw a comment on the pic reading "Yamaha = wet cardboard. No self respecting drummer/musician plays Yamaha"...ignorance like that makes me RAGE! Yeah, that's it. Just a cool finish demo.
  6. jofizzm

O Rly Drummerworld...

I didn't know you were really a cougar on the prowl, such a shame I am a young man...
  7. jofizzm

Well I Didn't See This One Coming... (DW Collector's Series Concrete Snare)

Lets see someone break it... Dig the sound of it in the video though...
  8. jofizzm

Recording Custom Question...

So my RCs have a darker colored wood that shows on the bearing edge, wassup with that? Two different species of birch, or do they stain different plies? Or something else? Or you don't know? Do I know? I don't think so? That last one really wasn't a question, I just felt like wasting space on...
  9. jofizzm

Guitar Center Cymbal-A-Thon...

I wandered in there for a new reso head, and walked out with a Meinl 18" Byzance Traditional crash for $199.99, $80 off the regular price. Some real deals, but they don't show you online, you have to go into your local store, and the sale ends tomorrow. Just wanted to give ya'll a heads up.
  10. jofizzm

I Thought This Was Quite Slick...

I kinda want to do this to one of my kits now...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjK7sblC7RE
  11. jofizzm

Random Opinion Poll - Ugly Lugs...

So brohans, what are some of the most hideous lugs you've seen on a kit? I've got to go with these PDP lugs, I've seen them on a couple of platinum kits...ewww...
  12. jofizzm

I Will Give Allegra Drum Works My Money...

Until the day I die, Dave is the coolest cat. Allegra Master Craft in marine maple burl... 15x22, 8x10, 11x14 (odd but I love it) Couple of crappy cell phone pics, until my girl gets home with her camera.
  13. jofizzm

If I didn't already have too...

This would be too good a price to pass up... Really? "too" instead of "two"? Ugh.
  14. jofizzm

Meinl Byzance Sand Ride You Say?...

...Yes I say. I'm not a musical ride kinda guy, don't like wash, I like a brighter, more generic sounding ride...but this took me on a one way trip to drum-boner town. I was worried that it wouldn't go with my band's garagey, punky sound...but it works. If you haven't checked one out, do...
  15. jofizzm

Plaese Halp...

That was my best Milla Jovovich voice just so you know. I was in my local shop today, and they've got in the new Yamaha Hex racks...I want one, but I don't need one at all, not even a little bit...but I want one. Help talk me out of it...because I really don't need it...but I want it.
  16. jofizzm

Ralf Gustke

Did a search, didn't find a thread on him. I came upon him looking up meinl videos and was quite impressed. I really like his grooves. His snare always sounds killer! It's his signature from Yamaha, anyone from across the pond play one? Can't find it here to save my life. Anyway...yeah...
  17. jofizzm

Peavy Radial Pro Snare...

Figured id post this here. Someone in Portland is selling one, and ive been meant to believe they're at least semi-collectable. http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/msg/3043201178.html
  18. jofizzm

DW Nickel Over Brass Snare...

A thank you to senior caddywumpus for selling my this drum The Filipino proxy we used was kinda odd (I think she was a he), but it all worked out nonetheless. 14"x5" nickel over brass, satin hardware, except for the mag/three position strainer system I added. I am quite pleased. :D A lot more...
  19. jofizzm

DW Nickel Over Brass?...

So I've been on the prowl for a Black Beauty, why get a knock off when you can get the real thing right? Then I come upon this DW and mind=blown. The high tuned sound to me is perfect. Better than the BB and less expensive. Clips... Black Beauty DW So my question, I have yet to track down...
  20. jofizzm

Do Me A Solid...

Hey, watch this video, like it, and leave a comment por favor. A very important young woman is trying to make it onto the television show Project Runway. Do eet! Pweese? Karma=better time