Search results

1. gr82bagn

Learning so much, My Drum Cover of Knocking on Heavens Door

I've managed to get to the settings on the Focusrite 18i20 and the Presonus Studio One 2 to the point where I have no clipping and I purchased a set of KRK Rokit 5s to help with the mix down. Seems Logitech speakers really were not useful during this process. After doing this for 2 weeks I...
  2. gr82bagn

My first drum covers, just having some fun.

Wish I did this 20 years ago. Then again the technology was not there, lol. I'm learning how to record my drums at home, I love what new recording equipment offers me in terms of being able to practice playing songs at home, record what I practice and just all in all have a blast. I use to...
  3. gr82bagn

New audio equipment arrived, almost ready to record.

I’m venturing into the world of digital audio/video drum recording. My goals are simple, I want to be able to put on a set of isolation headphones and listen to a nice mix of me and some high end drumless covers. My style of covers is old school, Who, Zeppelin, Stones and some Motown stuff. I...
  4. gr82bagn

Tuning issue resolved using Evans EC2s

I've had my new Mapex kit for over a month now. 100%maple, 12x14, 16x16, 16x18 and 18x26 I originally replaced the stock heads with Remo Coated Emperors (batter) Remo Coated Ambassadors (reso). It took me a little over a week to tune the drums the way I like them, I figured this was due to me...
  5. gr82bagn

Final touches to my MyDentity kit.

I've added a Ludwig Supraphonic 6.5x14 to round off the new kit. It sounds great, I feel like I'm back in HS. I also added a Pearl CH2000 to handle the 24 inch ride. Now there is no wobble. Now that I'm done I better go buy my wife a Christmas gift hehehehe.
  6. gr82bagn

Its a Merry Paiste Christmas for me....

The one place I could share my excitement knowing that those that read this thread will understand exactly why I'm so stoked right now. I replaced my complete set of Dream Bliss cymbals with a nice set of Paiste 2002s. 24 ride, 18 crash, 18 med crash, 20 crash and 15 SE hats. They sound great...
  7. gr82bagn

My new Mapex MyDentity kit

My early Christmas gift just arrived from Mapex. 16x26 kick, 12x14 rack, 16x16 and 16x18 floor toms. 100% Maple shells. The Mapex MyDentity team that puts these kits together in TN have great customer service skills. I spoke with Matt at Mapex, told him I wanted the 12x14 floor tom put together...