Search results

1. Spectron

low pitch 14" hihats

What are the lowest pitch 14" hihats that you have tried? I have a pair if 14" Zildjian K hihats and they are described as "low_pitched" but in recordings they sound medium pitched to me. What would be a pair of hihats one step lower than the K's anyone know?
  2. Spectron

My bass drum sound is now perfect..

I have found the holy grail of bass drum sound.. heads batter: Emad 1 without the foam ring reso: remo ambassador with 2" chrome port hole muffling: 6"x18"x1" studio foam in bottom barely touching both heads Tuning: batter: JAW Reso: 1/4 turn above jaw *Kelly shu internal mounted AKG d112...
  3. Spectron

letting go

Something I can't quite explain but notice during recording sessions. (playing with the click and music) Sometimes - I'll be in a rush to record a drum part to some of my original music I ALWAYS hit record the first time through because I have learned from experience that sometimes that first...
  4. Spectron

too many cymbals?

Similar to the "how many is too many splashes" thread I'm curious to hear what other think as an "excessive" count of cymbals on a kit. Personally - having so many cymbals that your kit (and you) are buried behind stands and cymbals and splashes is not my style... I've seen some kits on...
  5. Spectron

kick beater flutter thread no 1001

aaaarrrrrghhhh.... the good news: My kick sounds perfect the bad news: the key I think is an intact reso head the problem is I have been playing a ported kick for long time now so switching to the full reso has revealed a nasty beater flutter issue with my foot!! I thought I totally had...
  6. Spectron

Paiste signature

Just received my first paiste signature cymbal -17" fast crash- (used but in pristine condish) for almost half price... wow - amazing - I am really having a hard time getting over how great this cymbal plays and sounds! Got a good deal on it so I have zero regrets - even if I paid full...
  7. Spectron

good ol' coated ambassadors

I recently outfitted my kit with coated amb's over clear amb's and this is without a doubt the best head config I have tried on my Tama Imperialstal drums. Holy delicious gooey tone batman! Call it a freak accident of superb tuning or new head syndrome whatever...these heads were effortless...
  8. Spectron

14" K hi hats

Who's got 'em? who loves 'em? who hates 'em? this is a thread dedicated to 14" Zildjian K hihats My K's just arrived today - I rushed like a mad man to set them up on my kit and once I did I proceeded to hihat jam for about 20 minutes. What can I say they are heavy-ish low pitched hihats that...
  9. Spectron

taye rock pro

Anyone have any comments (good or bad) about these drums?
  10. Spectron

Paiste Giant Beat or Zildjian K?

Which setup would you prefer? Giant beat: 15" hi hats 18" crash 20" crash 24" Ride Zildjian K: 14" K hi hats 17" K custom dark crash 18" K custom dark crash 20" K custom dark ride
  11. Spectron

Soul-Jam

This is me myself and I "jamming"
  12. Spectron

is drumming valid exercise?

I sat down at the kit yesterday and played for a good 45 minutes - worked up a sweat I'm not overweight so I am not trying to lose lbs or anything but I believe drumming can be good exercise - especially when you rock some double kick for more than 5 minutes! lol But you don't have to get...
  13. Spectron

15" Zildjian Avedis Hats - new beats?

They were listed on ebay as 15" Avedis - picked 'em up for $70 there is no ink on them whatsoever lots of patina - they do infact have the Zildjian stamp Are these new beats? I've tried brand new 15" new beats in shops and they seem quite a bit brighter than what I have. The top is...
  14. Spectron

ahead T.LEE sticks

I got a pair of his Ahead "studio" sticks for Christmas from my lovely wife and a vic firth practice pad. These sticks are heavy and have forward balance - meaning there seems to be more weight towards the tip which makes them feel very weird. Freakin heavy - never felt a heavier pair of...
  15. Spectron

hoop out of round

I was wondering if you had a hoop that was noticable not round but fits on the drum and you could tune the drum sufficient would you bother getting a new hoop? My 16" floor tom hoop shows a larger gap between the hoop/head at one side so either the drum itself is seriously out or it's the...
  16. Spectron

Help with Sabian models

The church kit I sometimes play on has some sabian AA cymbals: 14" AA thin crash 16" AA thin crash 14" AA hats 20" b8pro ride ( i know, - blech!) I want to upgrade but don't have a sabian dealer locally nor can I listen to clips on their website or watch youtube... All I know is I like...
  17. Spectron

GC - 28" hihat?

I saw this and thought it was funny...
  18. Spectron

akg d112

If you are reading this thread you have probably heard of this microphone. “Industry standard” is common verbiage used to describe this mic’s role on kick drum. After reading what 100’s have said about the mic in reviews, discussions and debates, my curiosity finally got the best of me. I found...
  19. Spectron

Hammerax cymbals

I was recently in Guitar center and saw a hammerax 19" Liquicy crash setup for demo. Love it. Anyone have hammerax around here? Like 'em? comments? Personally I think these hammerax cymbals are WAY cool. they have a really interesting dark semi-trashy fast crash tone and they flex and...
  20. Spectron

how is this drum mix?

Finishing up on a demo track, mixing drums is one of favorite parts of recording. my playing is not super solid but it grooves - fun song to play because i get to lay into the toms and lay into the toms I did..LOL but I admit it is pretty primitive as drumming goes. makes me wonder what...