Search results

1. M

Do beginners really need pro drum kits???

I started drums in 2003 at age 20. Knowing nothing about drum quality, construction, tuning, heads or anything, I cheaped out. For $250, I bought a CB Maxx kit that came with ZBTs and some of the worst hardware I've ever seen (all discovered over the years as I gained knowledge). The hardware...
  2. M

Fiberskyn PS3 coloring

I’m posting an update to this thread. I bought the Fiberskyn from Amazon. I would have rather bought from a music store like Sweetwater, but I didn’t feel like taking the chance after they said that the white head was the current offering. That said, here is a P3 Fiberskyn Felt Tone Diplomat...
  3. M

Zildjian Large Hollow Stamp ID

Thanks for the information. Not that I'm looking to sell it, but do you have any idea what it might be worth?
  4. M

Zildjian Large Hollow Stamp ID

This is my ride cymbal, a 22" Zildjian. It weighs 2585g, and it has a very light, trashy sound and crashes very well. I never gave its age much thought until recently. I found this site: http://black.net.nz/avedis/avedis-gallery.html#large I was very surprised to learn that it dates to the...
  5. M

Fiberskyn PS3 coloring

Lol. Thanks for braving the spider webs. That does help. To add fuel to the fire, here's a listing on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Remo-P3-1520-FD-FLT-Powerstroke-Fiberskyn-Diplomat/dp/B06XH1Q7G4/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=fiberskyn+felt+tone+bass+20&qid=1567184607&s=gateway&sr=8-1 It's like a...
  6. M

Fiberskyn PS3 coloring

I am getting new heads from my 20" Ludwig Signet kick. The batter will most likely be a PS3. I am intrigued by the PS3 Felt Tone Fiberskyn as a reso head: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/P3FiberskynFT-20--remo-powerstroke-3-fiberskyn-diplomat-felt-tone-bass-drumhead-20-inch Problem is...
  7. M

Ludwig Signet vs Gretsch Catalina Maple

Mine do not look like yours. There's no wood missing, just dented. That is some awesome work you did!
  8. M

I took the advice and swapped out the Studio-X heads with the heads from my CB kit. Not sure why I didn't think of that myself, but thanks to those that suggested it. IPad video in the basement. That's all I have. This is the 12" toms. Ludwig is coated emperor. Gretsch is coated ambassador...
  9. M

The owner told me that this particular kit was new in 2015. It was gigged and not sitting around with no tension on the lugs. I will remove one and take a look at the fit of the lugs to the holes. I will also switch heads over to the Cats and see how they sound.
  10. M

Funny you mention that. Stage Custom was what I was originally wanting before either of these came along.
  11. M

No, I am not specifically looking for a 6pc. 4 is enough for me. Thanks. It does look really pretty in person. That was the idea. At that price, I either get a fantastic deal, or a fantastic flip. I read the entire 25-page thread on the Signets. I honestly hadn't heard of them when the...
  12. M

Hello, all. This is my first post and I'd like to see about getting some community feedback about a decision I'm facing. I have owned my first kit, a 5pc CB Maxx since 2003. It has run its course and one of the snare lugs has broken in half. With five lugs on the toms and six on the kick...