Search results

1. P

Daily Practice Routine

Hi Everyone, I have been playing drums for about seven or eight years now, and I practice a few hours almost every day. Recently, though, I've hit somewhat of a rut. I'm often bored, and I find myself questioning whether what I'm doing is right. I decided to ask you guys what you do for a...
  2. P

Single Strokes Around The Drums

Hello everyone, I was just wondering if anyone has tips on developing single stroke rolls, specifically for fills around the toms. I find that professionals have such clean, fast single strokes and was wondering how I should work towards that. When I try to play fast single strokes around the...
  3. P

Practice- To book or not to book

As a preface, I have been studying for most of my seven years on the drums with a variety of tools, but mainly using various books. I have worked my way up through the standards (Stick Control, Portraits in Rhythm) and am now focusing on some more complicated stuff like Gary Chester's The New...
  4. P

Hip Pain in Bass Drum Leg?

Hi everyone, I've been getting hip pain right around the pelvis in my bass drum leg lately and I was wondering if there's anything I can do. I play heel up most of the time, and usually for anywhere from 1-4 hours at a time. I use a pretty good Roc n' Soc throne and I've been experimenting...