Search results

1. D

NOT ALL ABOUT THE MONEY?

I was wondering what is the pay like if you were one of the top musicians in the world? I m sure guys like Weckl, Gadd, etc must get paid well?
  2. D

DISTINGUISH between FAKE and REAL sticks!

Hey guys, I ordered a whole bunch of sticks off ebay(vic firth 5As) and I was wondering what are symptoms that will let me know whether the stick is fake? Overall in appearance they look 100% genuine.
  3. D

HIP HOP

jay z, j dilla, madlib, common bla bla and there are many more...wat dyu guys think of these guys? do y all like hip hop or???
  4. D

AUDIO INTERFACE

hi guys, im searching for a quality audio interface that is compatible with my mac. mite anyone point me in the right direction and any tips before i buy anything??
  5. D

Getting started with recording hardware...

hi guys im looking for a book that has info for a beginner like me in this area, the know how on what to buy and look for when it comes to buying recording hardware only, something up to date
  6. D

Latin jazz bands please

hey there reader, i ve been tryin to catch a hold of some nice latin jazz music that contains lots of drum solos, been dyin to hear some latin gud latin rythms as well. it ll be great if u cud point me to bands that have one the more famous drummers in them and anything else, heheh...
  7. D

Being Picky

I m a little picky when it comes to what style of music I play and with whom I share the stage with...Is this ok for artists, being a little picky with the kind of players you associate with and playing for music you enjoy...I mean, I always like to play with guys who bring a warm feeling, the...
  8. D

Marine Metal

guys, i ve heard some us marines sometimes play some heavy distortion music during combat, if any of u know some of the actual songs and artist names plse lemme know, i like to use it for when i workout...
  9. D

Practice Sticks

i have a 2 and half month old pair of vic firth 5A s, i think my sweat has dampened the wood over time so it feels a little heavier than a brand new pair and of course less responsive which is why i like using these to practice with, but usually is it better to practice with new sticks?
  10. D

Drum Skin Tension

i was wondering, do most drummers like the skin very taut, obviously depends on wat sound u want...i like my skins taut, but i like lower end sounds...i havent experimented much with tuning, actually i know nothing bout it, but wat if i liked a taut skin, but wanted to produce a low end...
  11. D

Practicing Rudiments

i was practicing rudiments on a non - rebound surface(pillows) today and this makes my hands nice and supple, but is it necessary to work on a rebounding surface(pad, snare, etc...) as well? the feel of the rebounding surface is different and i m still trying to get my fingers into play...any...
  12. D

is the moeller technique a must for every drummer??!!

come to think of it, every drummer i have seen uses this technique somewhat in their playing, not to mention jojo mayer and his dvd...i don t think there is any drummer who s great and doesn t know this technique????????????????????????????????????????
  13. D

Yin yang thing

i was just wondering is it true that melody cannot exist without rhythm and vice versa, relating to yin yang philosophy...correct me if im wrong, i believe that melody cannot exist without rhythm otherwise it d just be noise of a certain pitch and rhythm without melody wud have no dynamics...
  14. D

Piano or sax?

i dunno which one to take up, drums is my main instrument...i know learning piano is more useful for me, but any words u guys mite have wud be appreciated to help me make up my mind...true i can do both, what do u guys think?? any advice...
  15. D

Weight training effects on drumming (advice needed)

i started to lift weights couple of weeks ago, if u guys have any problems u can forsee that might affect my playing plse say so...also, do u think it wud be a smarter idea to stik simply to bodyweight exercises, for a musician it shud be a better idea for times when u re on the road, no access...
  16. D

GRAPHICS CARD (Edit: Please find the Caps key, kthnxbye)

hey, any pc buffs out there? i wanna know whats a gud graphics to buy for my pc...im looking for something affordable, yet has to be high performance thats gud enuff to play all the latest games???
  17. D

Difference between TALENTED and GIFTED??

What is it? Does it simply mean that a gifted drummer has a better sense of rhythm and can pull off stuff no one else can, yet the talented drummer can work hard to get up to that standard. I thought that technique had to be sort of programmed into our muscle memory before we could use it in...
  18. D

BAD PRACTICE HABITS...

i have a bad habit where i practice consistently daily for 2 months and then stop for about the same amount of time, feeling burnt out and lacking motivation to go on...at present im in a rest period...any words, thoughts or ideas appreciated...
  19. D

I ve HIT A PLATEAU...

im trying to build speed with my moeller techniques and rudiments...i ve hit a plateau with all of them and my hands aren t getting any quicker or gaining more control after a certain speed...what do i do to keep getting faster while keeping gud control??
  20. D

teacher trust issues...

i don t trust them...they tell me to practice everything on surfaces with no rebound, but there are certain exercises that simply cannot be carried out on such surfaces, like in jojo mayers dvd, the moeller exercises and the finger exercises...i ve found the 'real feel' pads and practicing on...