Search results

1. Cymbalrider

Selling 1960s Slingerland

Selling 1960s Slingerland drum set 12x8 13x9 16x16 20x14 plus a 14x5 "Gene Krupa" chrome-over-brass snare drum from matching era. YouTube Video Demo & Discussion eBay Auction link My drum company webpage This kit was in rough shape when I found it, it's been re-wrapped, hardware polished...
  2. Cymbalrider

1960s Gretsch Dixieland Snare (for sale as well)

When I acquired this drum, it had been hanging around in a basement for some time. The original white marine pearl wrap had yellowed and cracked, the rims on the drum were warped, and most metal parts were covered in tarnish and such. After some restoration, the drum now sports a natural satin...
  3. Cymbalrider

New Sonor Drums and Dream Cymbals

My new Sonor Safari kit in red sparkle with Remo Skyntone heads along with the awesome new Dream Bliss 15" hi-hats, 20" Vintage Bliss, and 22" Bliss Crash/Ride. http://youtu.be/7dQQ8yXduJk I'm used to giant drums and bright cymbals, so this is quite a change-up. However, the portability is...
  4. Cymbalrider

PDP Chameleon on eBay

Trying to sell this on eBay. It's a PDP Chameleon I bought used as a project, but now are just trying to get rid of it. It's sort of Pearl Traveler sized but the reso heads are mesh so you can just turn the toms over and the bass around and have a practice kit or even add triggers to make an...
  5. Cymbalrider

Praises for GPLUS

I have tried many heads for my Gretsch Catalina Rock over the last few years. When I first got the kit, I tried Coated G2s over Coated G1s, then went from there to Coated G1s all around for a while. Next was Coated Remo Ambassadors over Clear Ambassadors. None of these heads ever really produced...
  6. Cymbalrider

Pleasant Surprise w/ Remo

I just got in new Ebony Pinstripes and Clear Diplomats for my Mapex Pro M. Now I usually haven't cared for Pinstripes of any kind on any other kits I've ever played on, but I thought I'd take a chance this time. For those that don't know, Ebony Pinstripes are 1) made of the the unique black...
  7. Cymbalrider

Snare Head Reviews

Well, I've got three new heads for my snare drums (3). The first is a 60s or 70s Slingerland chrome over brass snare that had an Evans G1 Coated on there for several months. I put a Fiberskyn Ambassador on there and have gigged a couple times with it. Fiberskyns continue to amaze me for...
  8. Cymbalrider

THE last time I ever buy Aquarian Drum Heads

About two years ago, I tried Aquarian Texture Coated batter heads on my Mapex kit. Within days the coating was flying off the head (I'd seen Remo coating wear out fast, but never fly off), so I began using Evans heads ever since. My Mapex kit last had EC2 over g1 clear (heard lots of good...
  9. Cymbalrider

Brief Reviews-ProMark SD9 and new Aquarians!

Another order came in today. This time it was an Aquarian Texture Coated and Classic Clear Snare head along with a a pair of Pro-Mark SD9s. First the heads: I had tried Aquarian heads before, but had had a rather disappointing experience. The coating on the last batch had showered off, but...
  10. Cymbalrider

Great Deal! HURRY!

Hey, just thought I would tell everyone about a great deal at Steve Weiss music. www.steveweissmusic.com They've got a pack 4 pairs of Vic Firth 5As for $19.99. I just got mine and will be enjoying them for the next couple of years. You guys might want to hurry before they run out! Four...
  11. Cymbalrider

Remo Renaissance heads on a drum set

I made a similar question about a year ago and no one ever had any answers, so I though I would ask again. Has anyone tried Renaissance heads on toms or a bass drum (I know how they are on snares) or a drum kit? What does it sound like compared to other heads? I'm considering something...
  12. Cymbalrider

Doumbek heads?

It's about time I get around to doing this: I've got this cool brass doumbek (12") and it just has some stock clear plastic head on it. Now I'm thinking it would sound amazing with a real fancy head on it (like most drums) but I'm not really sure what would work well. I was wondering about...
  13. Cymbalrider

Peter Erskine Ride Sticks---Great Stuff

Small review: Simply put, buy yourself a pair of these! These sticks are bigger at the back and taper to a small tip (not like a piccolo/bolero size but a sort of sharper version). They have a unique feel too. I was watching the Vic Firth videos on the website of Peter Erskine talking about...
  14. Cymbalrider

LP Jam Block (blue) review

My Latin Percussion Jam Block, the blue higher pitched one, came in today. Now, I had some worries here, because I've never seen one in person before ordering it. I've been meaning to get a woodblock for some time, but the things are expensive and there seems no real good way to mount them...
  15. Cymbalrider

Great Stick

My Vic Firth 85As came in today, and these just might be the best stick I've had yet. I have a pair of 8Ds which are basically 16" 7As, but find them a bit thin and light at times. 5As are a bit too heavy for fast and light playing, so I decided to give 85As a shot. These things are great...
  16. Cymbalrider

a wtf moment...

Here at my college, we have a 'popular music' band that focuses mainly on modern stuff. I decided to expand my horizons from jazz and oldies and join the group. SO anyway, they use some worn out Roland TD-12 set, which I played on tonight. I elected to use my SD4s which I have had for a few...
  17. Cymbalrider

My 22" Swish Knocker arrived today!

Finally, after a week (never order from company w/ Fed-Ex again) my Swish Knocker arrived. For those not familiar with one one is let me describe it. Guys have had these on their kits since the 1940s because of their interesting sound. The cymbal is basically a 22" pang with rivets(20). A...