Recent content by samdrum

1. S

Opinions Needed: Ludwig Vintage Rehab

I have just purchased a 3 piece set of Ludwigs. The toms are 60's vintage with the Keystone badges. The bass drum is an early 80's with the Blue/Olive badge. I was going to re-wrap in the Vintage 60's Black Oyster. My question is .....should I leave the blue/olive badge on the refinish or get a...
  2. S

Evans Genera Dry & Supraphonic?

Has anyone tried this head with a Ludwig 6.5x14 Supra? If so was it a good or bad choice? I want to experiment with getting rid of some of the ring from my Luddy but I don't want to completely dry it out where there is no character. I use snare side Ambassador and a coated Ambassador batter. I...
  3. S

Remo Skyntone on 16" Floor Tom?

I recently picked up a Remo Skyntone head for my 6.5x14 Maple Ludwig snare and I love the look, feel and sound of this head. I am considering getting them for my 13" and 16" toms. I know these are a bit different than Fiberskins. Hardly anybody stocks these heads over 14" size. Anybody use these...
  4. S

A Custom or A Mastersound with K Top hat

I recently acquired a 90's K Top 14" hat. I usually play a set of 90's 14" New Beat hats. I was looking to put a mastersound bottom with the K top for a different sound. Which would go better and not be too contrasting...a regular A Mastersound bottom or an A Custom Mastersound bottom? Anybody...