Recent content by Raven Drums

1. Raven Drums

6pc Unkindness Kit...

First full kit that my Son and I built together. The kit is a 6 piece set with 8ply maple shells with reinforcement rings and an outer ply of waterfall bubinga, finished in the Unkindness scenic burst. The set consist of a 22" x 16" bass, 10" x 7", 12" x 8", 13" x 9" toms, 16" x 14" floor tom...
  2. Raven Drums

5" x 13" Solid Steambent Snare...

Heres a new one just finished yesterday. It's a 5" x 13" Maple steambent shell with an outer veneer of walnut burl finished in a high gloss lacquer. I aged the shell for about three years before I applied the finish. Despite it's smaller size, this thing is big on sound and a very versatile...
  3. Raven Drums

WIP: 8" x 14" snare...

I haven't been posting much here as of late, been rather busy, but still try and stop by and read whats happening. I just thought I would share a side project I got in the works as I finish up some kits before the holidays. The snare is going to be a 8" x 14" monster. It' started out a 12ply...
  4. Raven Drums

Solid Steambent "Autumn" snare

This is a 4" x 14" solid steambent maple snare. It's 1/4" thick with rerings finished in a "Autumn" burst high gloss lacquer. I was pleasantly surprised with the monster sound this snare produces. It's loud and very articulate, with a nice warm wood tone.
  5. Raven Drums

Unkindness snare complete

OK, here is the first photo of the completed snare (still have to work the lighting to get things better.). This is ok, but not showing the detail of the wood that "can" be seen through the artwork. Anyway, I will get more angles and views up soon. I was hoping to have it completed soon enough...
  6. Raven Drums

Olive Ash swirl

Here is a kit in the works, it's 8 ply maple with the outer ply in Olive Ash swirl finished in an Autum burst. It will be finished off in a high gloss lacquer finish. The specs are 15" x 22" bass, 13" x 14" floor tom and 8" x 12" tom.