Recent content by Pyromaniac777

1. Pyromaniac777

Anybody selling a bass guitar?

I'm looking into starting to learn how to play the bass guitar on the side. I only have about $150 at my disposal right now to get started. Do any of you have a bass guitar you're willing to sell for dirt cheap ($50-$100 with shipping)?
  2. Pyromaniac777

Check out this amazing deal!!!

I just found this on eBay. AAX stage rides for $138 brand new. Just thought I would let you guys know. http://m.ebay.com/itm/Sabian-20-AAX-Stage-ride-Never-played-Great-deal-/131492794117?nav=SEARCH
  3. Pyromaniac777

Kind of homemade cymbal bag dividers

Hi everyone. I have a cymbal bag that doesn't have dividers. It's just an older basic Sabian one. I was thinking I could just go to the store and get some thin foam sheet and cut them to size, but is there anything else that would be better? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
  4. Pyromaniac777

Union hardware anyone?

Cascio Interstate Music has their own brand of drums and hardware called Union. They just released it in April I think. I was just looking at their hardware and it is so cheap! It looks pretty decent too. They have a beastly looking snare stand for only $41. And a double chain, solid base-plate...
  5. Pyromaniac777

Snare rim-click help

I'll just get right to the point. I have never been able to get a good rim click out of my snare. It just sounds hollow and quiet, no matter where I do it on the drum. I have a cheap Peavey steel snare drum with Evans HD genera dry if that helps. How can I get better rim-click sounds? Could it...
  6. Pyromaniac777

This video cracks me up

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d-FEpl_Z-DM I don't know why, but this video gave me a small laugh.
  7. Pyromaniac777

Recording drums with android phone?

So I don't really want to get serious with recording my drums, but I would like to just take decent videos of me practicing. I don't really want to buy a usb mic, I would just like to use the mic on the phone. The problem is, I haven't found any video recording apps that have gain adjustment...
  8. Pyromaniac777

Deal for XS20 splash

Is $30 a good deal for a 10" xs20 splash? There's a dude on craigslist in my area selling one.
  9. Pyromaniac777

Pro Drummer Neighbor

So today after 10 years of living here, I found out that I've been living a block away from a drummer that played professionally for 25 years. Maybe I can convince him to give me lessons.
  10. Pyromaniac777

This video is fantastic! Jojo Mayer is a beast

It's so crazy that Jojo Mayer can use the same techniques as Buddy Rich so flawlessly. This is a must watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2a712M5SJE
  11. Pyromaniac777

Wow, this is quite the break

Aside from the cacophonic noises going on in the background, this is pretty funny. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LOzTdzTZCc
  12. Pyromaniac777

Sabian AAX styles?

Would AAX stage hi hats be to bright for big band jazz or blues? Are they pretty versatile for almost any style?
  13. Pyromaniac777

Guitar Center's used inventory

So today I got my Zildjian A medium thin 16" crash. I got it barely used on guitar center's used inventory for $69 + shipping. I've seen some amazing deals on there. You guys should seriously check it out. I remember one time I saw a pair of HHX Evolution hats in great condition for like $129...
  14. Pyromaniac777

Just found a sweet deal

Hey everyone. So I just happened to find this deal on ebay. Brand new 17" HHX Evolution Effeks crashes for $169. I would get one, but don't have the money...
  15. Pyromaniac777

Cymbal Breaking paranoia :(

So as some of you may know, I have just recently gotten a new 16" Armand thin crash. I use it for everything. Rock, funk, jazz, blues, etc. And since I only earn like $50 a month (seriously) I can't afford to break cymbals. I'm just paranoid that I'm going to break it when doing rock. I don't...