Pootle's latest activity

• P
    Pootle replied to the thread best 12" wood snare?.
    I always liked the old Pearl soprano 12x7 maple in classic liquid amber. Not sure if they still make them but you can probably pick one...
  • P
    Pootle replied to the thread Sabian Fusion Hi hats 13".
    I owed a pair of Fusion Hats in the 90s wish I never sold them. The bottom hat was a very heavy Leopard bottom with a very cool finush...
  • P
    Pootle replied to the thread The old Drummerworld.
    I'm fairly new so forgive what might be an obvious question. Some questions and threads are indicated on Google as "archived", is there...
  • P
    Pootle replied to the thread Drum Features You Miss.
    Plus they feature on all pricelevels of kits these days, you have to go all the way up to a 3k Gretsch Broadkaster before you have your...
  • P
    Pootle reacted to Rattlin' Bones's post in the thread Drum Features You Miss with Like Like.
    I agree with you. Many isolation and suspension mounts mounts just look horrible. Why go to trouble of picking out your fav finish only...
  • P
    Pootle reacted to gdmoore28's post in the thread Drum Features You Miss with Like Like.
    I hear 'ya. I miss the simplicity and clean looks of a shell-mounted tom mount. However, I must disagree with the idea that there isn't...
  • P
    Pootle replied to the thread Drum Features You Miss.
    I miss direct tom mounts I've never liked so called tom isolation systems from the past 20 odd years. So much cleaner and classic...
  • P
    Pootle replied to the thread Recording band practices..
    Thanks very much for all your responses, very useful info and I'm going to check these all out. Cheers!
  • P
    Can anybody recommend a decent but fairly cheap recorder to record band practices. Drums, bass, 2 x guitars, vocals. Doesn't need to be...
  • P
    Pootle replied to the thread Any interest is silent heads?.
    I have sold 3 or 4 used Remo Silentstroke heads on Ebay for drum sizes I no longer own. On account of the mesh "give", they don't tend...
  • P
    Pootle reacted to Frosticles's post in the thread 90s drumkits, who still has one? with Like Like.
    My old Yamaha RTC's :) Promo pics for Scymtek Cymbals & The London Drumstick Company. by Kevin Frost, on Flickr Pearl World...
  • P
    Pootle reacted to GAW's post in the thread 90s drumkits, who still has one? with Like Like.
    My beloved 1996 Pearl Export Select in Burgundy Mist. Note the contrasting wood bass drum hoops, and lacquered wood finish. Very...
  • P
    Pootle reacted to Frosticles's post in the thread 90s drumkits, who still has one? with Like Like.
    Pearl MLX from 1995. I loved this kit with a passion but sold it as I hated the thought of it getting damaged whilst gigging. Was a...
  • P
    Pootle reacted to Roadydad's post in the thread 90s drumkits, who still has one? with Like Like.
    Yamaha maple customs, early 90's. They have been VERY well taken care of. Use them for concert band and the odd church gig. 18x14 -...
  • P
    Pootle replied to the thread 90s drumkits, who still has one?.
    I loved the counter-weighted boom stands, looked so cool. My dream kit in the 90s was the Pearl Custom Z, I spent many an hour drooling...