Recent content by groovy

1. groovy

If anyone has $1500 to burn....

Wow, what a deal! A killer Sound Source set for the low, low price of only $1500! I really like the tom angles and sideways pictures too... http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/msg/1819660565.html
  2. groovy

Can someone show me how to play these?

If you can, I am going to join Cirque Du Soleil. Just thinking about trying to play that bass pedal gives me cramps.
  3. groovy

Has anyone ever used Space Muffins?

I have a chance to pick of a Space Muffin electronic drum set for a good price, but I don't know if they are any good. They look like a real kit and they are supposed to play like a real kit, but I have never tried them. I have been looking for a mesh head kit, but this may be even better. It...
  4. groovy

Best deal you've ever scored on drum gear

So I was looking for an inexpensive second kit for the practice room, and came across a deal I just couldn't pass up. It got me thinking...besides the blue Ludwig kit I "borrowed" from my brother when I was 8, or the red sparkle Gretsch kit my mom helped me with when I was 12, what would I...
  5. groovy

Help! Ludwig Vintage Snare Identification

Hey everyone, I picked up this snare the other day and I'm having a hard time figuring out what era it is from. It has the old Ludwig badge with no serial number, which I think means it was made sometime before 1963. I believe it is chrome over brass, it is pitted a bit on the outside and the...
  6. groovy

My Yamaha Recording Custom, Tobacco Sunburst

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the forum, so I thought I would start off by saying hi and posting a few pics of my pride and joy. This is my 1996 Yamaha Recording Custom, finished in (from what I can tell) very rare Tobacco Sunburst. It is a 4 piece kit, with sizes as follows: 22" x 16" Bass 12" x...