Recent content by drummerBUMMER

1. D

NOT ALL ABOUT THE MONEY?

I was wondering what is the pay like if you were one of the top musicians in the world? I m sure guys like Weckl, Gadd, etc must get paid well?
  2. D

DISTINGUISH between FAKE and REAL sticks!

Hey guys, I ordered a whole bunch of sticks off ebay(vic firth 5As) and I was wondering what are symptoms that will let me know whether the stick is fake? Overall in appearance they look 100% genuine.
  3. D

HIP HOP

jay z, j dilla, madlib, common bla bla and there are many more...wat dyu guys think of these guys? do y all like hip hop or???
  4. D

AUDIO INTERFACE

hi guys, im searching for a quality audio interface that is compatible with my mac. mite anyone point me in the right direction and any tips before i buy anything??
  5. D

Getting started with recording hardware...

hi guys im looking for a book that has info for a beginner like me in this area, the know how on what to buy and look for when it comes to buying recording hardware only, something up to date
  6. D

Latin jazz bands please

hey there reader, i ve been tryin to catch a hold of some nice latin jazz music that contains lots of drum solos, been dyin to hear some latin gud latin rythms as well. it ll be great if u cud point me to bands that have one the more famous drummers in them and anything else, heheh...
  7. D

Being Picky

I m a little picky when it comes to what style of music I play and with whom I share the stage with...Is this ok for artists, being a little picky with the kind of players you associate with and playing for music you enjoy...I mean, I always like to play with guys who bring a warm feeling, the...
  8. D

Marine Metal

guys, i ve heard some us marines sometimes play some heavy distortion music during combat, if any of u know some of the actual songs and artist names plse lemme know, i like to use it for when i workout...
  9. D

Practice Sticks

i have a 2 and half month old pair of vic firth 5A s, i think my sweat has dampened the wood over time so it feels a little heavier than a brand new pair and of course less responsive which is why i like using these to practice with, but usually is it better to practice with new sticks?
  10. D

Drum Skin Tension

i was wondering, do most drummers like the skin very taut, obviously depends on wat sound u want...i like my skins taut, but i like lower end sounds...i havent experimented much with tuning, actually i know nothing bout it, but wat if i liked a taut skin, but wanted to produce a low end...
  11. D

Practicing Rudiments

i was practicing rudiments on a non - rebound surface(pillows) today and this makes my hands nice and supple, but is it necessary to work on a rebounding surface(pad, snare, etc...) as well? the feel of the rebounding surface is different and i m still trying to get my fingers into play...any...
  12. D

is the moeller technique a must for every drummer??!!

come to think of it, every drummer i have seen uses this technique somewhat in their playing, not to mention jojo mayer and his dvd...i don t think there is any drummer who s great and doesn t know this technique????????????????????????????????????????
  13. D

Yin yang thing

i was just wondering is it true that melody cannot exist without rhythm and vice versa, relating to yin yang philosophy...correct me if im wrong, i believe that melody cannot exist without rhythm otherwise it d just be noise of a certain pitch and rhythm without melody wud have no dynamics...
  14. D

Piano or sax?

i dunno which one to take up, drums is my main instrument...i know learning piano is more useful for me, but any words u guys mite have wud be appreciated to help me make up my mind...true i can do both, what do u guys think?? any advice...
  15. D

Weight training effects on drumming (advice needed)

i started to lift weights couple of weeks ago, if u guys have any problems u can forsee that might affect my playing plse say so...also, do u think it wud be a smarter idea to stik simply to bodyweight exercises, for a musician it shud be a better idea for times when u re on the road, no access...