dboomer's latest activity

• dboomer
    The video is about sound absorption not soundproofing. Big difference! Check this one ... two layers of 5/8 sheetrock, floating with...
  • dboomer
    To find out, lay your blanket and eggcrate foam over a hifi speaker. That will show you how much reduction you’ll get(not much in my...
  • dboomer
    dboomer replied to the thread INDe Drums.
    Yes but they cut the wrap way back from the edges so even the hoop doesn't always completely cover it. Make that number 4 😁
  • dboomer
    My kit was a 2014
  • dboomer
    Yes, you are seeing stock DW hardware. Josh will do custom stuff (at good prices too). Compared to my USA Custom? Number one, the...
  • dboomer
    Back in the old days we used to use the plexi shields behind us to project the drum kit out to the audience.
  • dboomer
    dboomer reacted to Odd-Arne Oseberg's post in the thread Jazz to some people... with Like Like.
    If you want to "get it" have to get yourself on a steady diet. There's probably a lot of stuff you like now that you didn't get at...
  • dboomer
    dboomer replied to the thread Tuning to the room.
    It starts getting complicated when you also figure in absorption and eigentones (multi axial reflections). There are so many things in...
  • dboomer
    dboomer replied to the thread Tuning to the room.
    Probably what you are referring to is standing waves within a room (doesn't happen outdoors). Rooms are at the mercy of their shortest...
  • dboomer
    I’ve had this kit for about 2 months now. So far it is everything I expect from a premium kit. I opted for the satin finish as the...
    • AFE7B00E-6F82-419F-8F72-08E057540CB3.jpeg
  • dboomer
    dboomer reacted to oldskoolsoul's post in the thread Jazz to some people... with Like Like.
    I agree with was has been written before, that or you like something or not.. There is also nowhere a rule written that everyone and...
  • dboomer
    dboomer reacted to 8Mile's post in the thread Jazz to some people... with Like Like.
    In the early days of the internet, over 20 years ago, I frequented a jazz forum where we waxed philosophical about this stuff ad...
  • dboomer
    dboomer replied to the thread Jazz to some people....
    Don’t feel bad ... most people don’t get it. In many ways it's like listening to 2 people speaking in a foreign language. If you don’t...
  • dboomer
    dboomer replied to the thread LED stage lighting.
    LED lighting is quickly becoming the new norm. But be aware it can cause havoc to any wireless mics you are using...
  • dboomer
    dboomer replied to the thread Has anyone -------.
    I guess you could be “feeling” it. But do you really think you are “hearing” it from a youtube video that has been digitized, processed...