Recent content by Chaos_Inferno

1. Chaos_Inferno

Rounding out my crashes... (Advice?)

So I've got a 17" A Custom Projection Crash that's on the very thin side (to the point where it chokes if I really lay into it, hence why I don't use it much now) an 18" Xs20 Crash/Ride (sounds great actually), and a massive 24" Giant Beat... currently my ride is an exceptionally heavy 21" AAX...
  2. Chaos_Inferno

Lou Reed and Metallica song released...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LWtb621DRg ....Well, my momma always told me if you don't have something nice to say...
  3. Chaos_Inferno

Dreaming of time for gigging next summer...

Knowing full well I'll almost definitely be on a mechanical engineering co-op next summer, if there's a way I'm going to want to reconnect with some old friends it's going to be in the hopes of throwing a jazz trio or some other little band together to play a few gigs out here and there for fun...
  4. Chaos_Inferno

Shallow Sonor Bass Drum...

I'm getting this crazy idea in my head after basically being unable to play drums for about a year now that maybe because I'm going to be living in an apartment on campus next year, I might be able get some cymbal mutes to sneak some of my smaller toms and a snare drum and outfit them with mesh...
  5. Chaos_Inferno

The Sound of Muzak?

I recorded this quite awhile ago and realized I never posted it here. It isn't very good... but I may as well post it. My groove is pretty shaky, although I was fairly happy with it for a first take. The fills and certain lead-ins and such are an absolute joke and I'd clean it up if college...
  6. Chaos_Inferno

SQ2 considerations...

I won't be doing anything quite like this for a long.... LONG time, but I figured while I know I still have the time to participate in posting here I'd like everyone's input on this. I've heard too many SQ2s and Sonors that I've absolutely loved and since it seems that Unix is no longer making...
  7. Chaos_Inferno

20" HHX X-plosion Crash?

So it'll be a while, but sometime down the road I need a bigger and darker crash I can use as that riding wall of sound and that can double as a versatile ride with a nice bell... And I've been thinking this might fit the bill perfectly. I have an AAX Raw Bell Dry Ride, and it's... well, you...
  8. Chaos_Inferno

Ambassador X vs. G Plus

I realize that the Ambassador X heads are still quite new, but I think this summer I will be doing another head change and am debating between these two heads... I haven't been able to decide if I'm a Remo or Evans guy, really. At the moment I have Coated Ambassadors over Clear G Pluses on my...
  9. Chaos_Inferno

New crash... A or K Custom?

I'm looking for a 17" crash that will be rather versatile, where it seems right in most situations, light enough that I can hit it softly and have it open up enough to be a slight accent but loud enough that I can lay into it and have it project still. From what I've heard of each, I like the...
  10. Chaos_Inferno

New cymbal decisions... help?

Okay, so I just scored a deal on my dream ride, an AAX Raw Bell Dry Ride. I was trying to snipe a deal on some K/Z hats that would've saved me over 200 bucks than buying them new, and they were in great condition and it backfired on me. I'm still kind of upset I was outbit in the last 10 seconds...
  11. Chaos_Inferno

Help identifying drums?

So I'm trying to figure out what kind of drums these are, someone I know got these from his uncle and they're rather old: I'm not completely sure if that snare matches the rest of the kit but he told me that his uncle "took the paint off of it and put wood finish on it" so I'm not...
  12. Chaos_Inferno

New drum setup

Here was attempt number one.... Mostly in that last picture you can see the highest tom and the hats were interfering with each other pretty horribly, so I did a little brainstorming with the hardware I had and.... Now everything's in a more comfortable position even...
  13. Chaos_Inferno

Heavier 7As? Small round ball tip 5B sizes?

I've been itching to try some new sticks as my taste have been changing lately at least from the sound I want to get out of a stick... I love Portnoy's signature sticks in feel, although they're just a touch small in diameter but I've gained an affinity for the sound of wood tips on a ride, so...
  14. Chaos_Inferno

Sabian Xs20s?

I've heard some samples that sound great from Sabian and in other videos despite the fact I realize these are basically value cymbals... But they'd still be a major upgrade from my ZXTs I have at the moment. To top oit off I can get a pair of hats, 14 16 and 18 crashes, a splash and a 20" ride...
  15. Chaos_Inferno

Engineering jobs at a drum company?

I'm a senior in high school and I've been leaning heavily towards an engineering degree... Being a drummer and having a passion for music is one thing that I'd like to integrate into my career as well, even if I'm not going to be a sound engineer or a session drummer. I'd absolutely love to be...