Pau Amarillo:

attachment.php

Bubinga:

attachment.php

This purpleheart w/ 24k Gold hardware got a favorable review in MD:

attachment.php

And a drumkit from Ash:

attachment.php

Latz is that your last name on the drums?? My last name is Getz!!!

Latz is that your last name on the drums?? My last name is Getz!!!

No Johnny, we've had this discussion before. All of the 'Goetz' drums I post are from when I was working with a guy named C W Goetz. It was his company so all of the drums got his badge.

However, my badge (Laatz) should be done soon. It will go on the drums I make since I haven't worked with CW for 10 years now...

I guess this fit's in this thread.

Attachments

• P7110048-Optimized.JPG
    P7110048-Optimized.JPG
    392.5 KB · Views: 3,182
  • P7110035-Optimized.JPG
    P7110035-Optimized.JPG
    551.9 KB · Views: 3,234
  • P7100019-Optimized.JPG
    P7100019-Optimized.JPG
    431.9 KB · Views: 3,179
  • P7110040-Optimized.JPG
    P7110040-Optimized.JPG
    509.1 KB · Views: 3,265
Just finished assembly on this one yesterday. 13x5 Oak stave. Good crack, definitely hits its sweet spot on the higher tunings.

Ill be busy for the next couple weeks trying out head combinations and tunings, right now I'm running a Coated G1 over an ambassador snare.

I love the rimshot on it right now, really woody sounding with a LOT more meat than you'd expect from a 13x5. Then again, at nearly an inch thick, its not really a surprise!

Attachments

• 284761_2203082806293_1524057707_2300435_7215807_n.jpg
    284761_2203082806293_1524057707_2300435_7215807_n.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 3,034
  • 283194_2203083486310_1524057707_2300436_2619469_n.jpg
    283194_2203083486310_1524057707_2300436_2619469_n.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 2,993
Oh and KIS, you're a hard act to follow with that guru kit, glad to see it come to fruition after all the build up!

Thanks, it's a Custom Hybrid Walnut/Birdseye Maple/Walnut (solid hunk of each) with Cherry inlays.
I bought it from Steve Maxwell in NYC. He's a great guy (he gave me a Maxwell Custom Drum hat). For a drum it is expensive but as a piece of art it's reasonable.

Here is Chris Guglielmo of Bayside's snare drum that we built for him. It is an 8x14 10 ply snare, paint finish gloss white with pearl flat black logo/writing(appears blue with camera flash) mini tube lugs, 7/8th" offset, triple flanged hoops, and trick throw off. Through many years of endorsement from Truth and C&C Chris continues to play our snare.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
The bayside is pretty fugly, not a fan of offset lugs or billboard drums, but to each his own, that is why we call em customs. the larrabe kit is very nice, is the photo warped or did you do something to the floor like cut the shell on an angle so the shell sits straight up and the head surface only is tilted?

And being from Buffalo, I am sure you know the kent drum history, myself, I just learned about them, in 30+ years, have never come across one. So are you connected to the original, or just steal the name?

The bayside is pretty fugly, not a fan of offset lugs or billboard drums, but to each his own, that is why we call em customs. the larrabe kit is very nice, is the photo warped or did you do something to the floor like cut the shell on an angle so the shell sits straight up and the head surface only is tilted?

And being from Buffalo, I am sure you know the kent drum history, myself, I just learned about them, in 30+ years, have never come across one. So are you connected to the original, or just steal the name?

Thanks for the feedback. As far as the Bayside snare that's exactly how Chris wanted it built so yes "to each his own" and that is why we have custom drums. It is definitely an awesome sounding snare however. I'm not sure as far as the picture as it was taken by Larrabe but no, nothing special was done to the drum. maybe a wide angle lens? I'm not really a camera buff.

Yes very aware of the original Kent drums from Buffalo, however they are non existent these days just purely coincidence in the same last name.

Here is another kit we recently finished for Ryan Martin of Avalon Landing it is a natural satin stain with brass tube lugs and hoops, gibralter direct mounts for both toms, and a trick throw off. sizes are 18x22 kick, 14x18 floor tom, 8x12 rack tom, and 6.5x14 snare. Below is also a link to a short video of Ryan breaking in the new kit to hear how it sounds.
http://youtu.be/9JIFQe5H8S0

picture.php

Here's a little something just wrapped up for one of my favorite drummers...

phattie_baby_blue_1.jpg

Delivered it last week to Chris Thompson of the Eli Young Band. Their current single just went gold, and the album hasn't even launched yet, really excited for these guys. Anyway, 13"x9", 16"x16", 24"x14", baby blue satin lacquer/wood hoops/brushed satin hardware. Even airbrushed the fiberskyn head for the guys, cool looking setup. Close up pics of the badges and other stuff on the blog: http://staufferpercussion.com/chris-thompson-new-phatties-for-the-road/

Here's a little something just wrapped up for one of my favorite drummers...

phattie_baby_blue_1.jpg

Delivered it last week to Chris Thompson of the Eli Young Band. Their current single just went gold, and the album hasn't even launched yet, really excited for these guys. Anyway, 13"x9", 16"x16", 24"x14", baby blue satin lacquer/wood hoops/brushed satin hardware. Even airbrushed the fiberskyn head for the guys, cool looking setup. Close up pics of the badges and other stuff on the blog: http://staufferpercussion.com/chris-thompson-new-phatties-for-the-road/

Hellooooooooooooooooo, gorgeous. The vintage claws on the big, traditional depth bass drum sent that one over the top for me, and I generally dislike those claw style lugs. Excellent craftsmanship in every way.

Back