Axis A Double Longboard question

drumhedd

Hey DW,
I'm going to be upgrading my kit and pedals soon, and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this particular pedal. Specifically: how easy is it to convert the double into 2 singles? (since I'll most likely be buying a double kick kit, I'd like to have a pedal that I can use as a double or 2 singles). Thanks.

I think you will really enjoy them. To make 'em into singles is very easy, just two allen head bolts and one drumkey bolt. You will also need to move one spring from the base unit to the slave pedal. It is pretty easy to do, and you can leave the spring on the slave side when you put it back into double format. You will see what I mean when you get it.

Be aware that you might find them awkward to play at first because they are much lighter and quicker than camco/dw/ironcobra style pedals. You will want to put in a couple or three weeks of dedicated practice to using them.

Once you get it all dialed in and you are comfy with it, you will be able to play stuff you never thought possible!

I think you will really enjoy them. To make 'em into singles is very easy, just two allen head bolts and one drumkey bolt. You will also need to move one spring from the base unit to the slave pedal. It is pretty easy to do, and you can leave the spring on the slave side when you put it back into double format. You will see what I mean when you get it.

Be aware that you might find them awkward to play at first because they are much lighter and quicker than camco/dw/ironcobra style pedals. You will want to put in a couple or three weeks of dedicated practice to using them.

Once you get it all dialed in and you are comfy with it, you will be able to play stuff you never thought possible!
Thanks very much! I think I'm pretty much sold. I'm willing to put in those weeks of practice because my old Pearl p120 gives up on me at about 185-190bpm and that just doesn't cut it anymore! One more thing, does the pedal come with a case or bag?

does the (AXIS) pedal come with a case or bag?

That's a trick question.

Case is optional, although... AXIS pedals are so tough, you don't need a case. They can be thrown around without worry of damage. They don't have a painted on finish you have to baby/worry about (unless you go with the formal black finish).

does the (AXIS) pedal come with a case or bag?

That's a trick question.

Case is optional, although... AXIS pedals are so tough, you don't need a case. They can be thrown around without worry of damage. They don't have a painted on finish you have to baby/worry about (unless you go with the formal black finish).

Ah I see. I'm going with the standard brushed aluminum so I should be ok. thanks.

Back