the much awaited yammie maple custom here here!

[QUOTE he snare is a 5.5x14 maple custom (by Yamaha)

Thats next on my shopping list. I tried it at Mannys in NYC, but had already bought the Pearl Chad Smith the week before...

Cool. Spend the extra $ for the maple custom ..... it's worth it.

Any thoughts on 1 of these 2. I tried the jordan6.5x13 which was nice n fat.

View attachment 13743

the other ( maple custom) i havent tried

View attachment 13744

The Jordan will give you a "fatter" sound. Yamaha's 6.5" snares are really good. I think the Jordan has reinforcement hoops? I like that. The absolute will have more ring to it. The maple custom (not absolute) is 10-ply maple. I'm not sure that Yamaha is making the custom snare anymore. The absolute maple may be all they offer. My snare is this:

Attachments

• MapleCustomVintage.jpg
    MapleCustomVintage.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 6,724
i don't like the finish, but the drums itself are great. and your cymbals... mmm...

Those are some of the most beautiful drums I've seen in a while. You must be very proud. I almost want to jump into the comp and play it.

thanks, DCD, I really enjoy them, after playing a tama imperial star for 15 years! Love your stuff too. great sizes, great funky set-up, great cymbals, and that snare look like it could kill! awesome!

I love your finish.. Its so unique. Its almost industrial.. The pics look like they should be an advertisement. Awesome kit Bro!

Oh yeah.... Love the dog too.. I had a female boxer without the croped ears.. I loved her to death.. We had to put her down recently. =( I still tear up when i think about her.

Oh yeah.... Love the dog too.. I had a female boxer without the croped ears.. I loved her to death.. We had to put her down recently. =( I still tear up when i think about her.

Thanks PdoubleE, Leo's my 3rd Boxer. Went thru putting down my other two some years ago. Its never easy and you never forget them. Ya, the kit is cool looking, tho these pics I took at night with a flash, so they look a little too intense. They look nicer in natural light or warmer stagelights.

Sorry about your girl

Last edited:
Dude, I LOVE your colour choice, OH MAN! If I could trade you for my Red Sparkles I would :)

Hey, A, that is a great looking finish.I think it's the first time I've seen it. I love the kit and you have quite the cymbals. The dog is a beauty too. What do the A Custom HH's sound like? How do they sound with the Dry Ride. Would you change or are you satisfied with the HH's.Again, all great. Joey

Hey, A, that is a great looking finish.I think it's the first time I've seen it. I love the kit and you have quite the cymbals. The dog is a beauty too. What do the A Custom HH's sound like? How do they sound with the Dry Ride. Would you change or are you satisfied with the HH's.Again, all great. Joey

Thanks Joey, glad you like it. Its pretty unusual and looks a little better if not seen via flash photography at night.. will try taking better pics during the day or at a gig ( tho using my old Imperial Stars for gigs..)

The hat are 13" and awesome.No thoughts of changing at all. Though I was very tempted by the Paiste Signature power hi hats . The ACustoms 13"s are very balanced and they cut through beautifully. I prefer them over my New Beat 14s".More " CHIIICK"

I also have a 14" set of Orions ( Brazilian ) dimpled, which are pretty good, and i sometimes use on a x-hat.

The Dry Ride is very nice. Very clear stick definition, tho I wish it had a little more sustain than it does. I also use a 22" Zildijian mini-cup. Prefer the dry over the mini.

The AC16" fast crash is awesome. Not thrilled with the 14" fast, but am still trying to configure my cymbals and make an 'overall selection'.

Leo's great.Wont think of changing him, either ; ) He's loves snoozing between the pedals, when I practice...

Last edited:
Absolutely gorgeous finish,,and those have to be the longest floor tom legs I have ever seen.
You could play them standing up.

Absolutely gorgeous finish,,and those have to be the longest floor tom legs I have ever seen.
You could play them standing up.

Thanks GD, No the legs are'nt up that high. must be an optical illusion... or maybe its the outside legs, which are taller so that the drums tilt towards me..

Last edited:
Stunning kit dude, unusual finish, but I like it a lot, one of the nicest kits on here I think.

Back