UK Drum Show - who's coming?

Andy

Honorary Member
Ok, for me, it's a bit special, as it's the last drum show I'll exhibit at as Guru Drums, but I'm keen to find out if there's any forum members attending. Great show - superb venue & theatre, a wide range of exhibitors, & a fabulous artist lineup. Personally, I'm really looking forward to Richard Spaven, Benny Greb, & Stanton Moore.

Manchester Central - 29th / 30th September.

Attachments

• UKDS900.jpg
    UKDS900.jpg
    418.9 KB · Views: 338
Man that is an awesome line-up-wish I was over there to attend. I bet people will be "lining up" at Guru. Now the word is out I bet you are going to get a lot of attention and praise for all your efforts over the years. So don't be getting a big head or anything-just kidding I hope it's filled with joy-so it can get as big as it can-just don't pop anything LOL.

Hoping to get there on the Sunday. Really thinking about going for the full Amedia upgrade.

Are you going to be next door to them again?

Glad I haven't gotta drive to Hereford afterwards this time and miss JR. Good job I met him in the remo stand and got his autograph.

Sadly, I won't be able to make it this year.

I'm betting you sell all your drums.

I know I'm an optimist, and I don't know why, but I get the feeling that you're mostly recovered.

Love my Amedias, & Alex is one of the absolute best.

He's a top bloke, I've met him a few times down the years, usually at the vintage drum fayre in Brum. (Not sure if that happened this year)

Got one of the vintage series crashes last year and it's more K than a K

Sadly, I won't be able to make it this year.
That is a bummer Larry :(

I know I'm an optimist, and I don't know why, but I get the feeling that you're mostly recovered.
There is some way to go Ls a long game journey. I had to slightly lay the backbeat behind the groove at band rehearsal this evening. Something that would have come naturally 3 months ago, now takes real concentration - almost forcing my left to comply. It's actually the small things that take the most effort to set right.

Stanton Moore is worth the trip for sure.
Indeed!

He's a top bloke, I've met him a few times down the years, usually at the vintage drum fayre in Brum. (Not sure if that happened this year)

Got one of the vintage series crashes last year and it's more K than a K
Yes - absolutely a top bloke :) If you like traditional, & yearn for dry / short + complex, yet with enough presence for modern music, try the "Old School" series. I love them!

Oh man I didn't know Stanton was on the roster.

I'd swim over but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't make it.

I'll be there on Saturday can't wait. Guru stand is a must, be great to see Andy again and really keen to meet Alan. And Amedia next door...

Ooops I mean Alain. Apologies.

Last edited:
I'll be there on Saturday can't wait. Guru stand is a must, be great to see Andy again and really keen to meet Alan. And Amedia next door...

Ooops I mean Alain. Apologies.
Looking forward to meeting again my friend :)

I'm coming, as Andy knows already as he generously invited me to feature my drum book on the Guru Drums stand.
I look forward to meeting new friends next week-end!
Books are stacked & ready to go!

Fantastic to see you all again and lovely to meet you Alain. Long day of traveling and walking around and now home enjoying some well earned Rum and Cokes. I suspect I’ll be asleep on the sofa soon.

Great to catch up and spend time with faces new and old. Well worth the ridiculously early start and long traveling there and back. Kicking myself for not seeing Stanton Moore but watching Benny Greb with Madge and Dave more than made up for it.

Also, nice to meet and have a chat with Nicko McBrain whilst playing the role of ‘Griff’ ; ) I must do that more often.

As always, shame about the gospel chops guys (still lamanting the Gurus dented Tom head as a result of ‘that’ one idiot)

Gear Highlights

Naturally the Guru Stand and ALL the snares and kits within, going to miss this stand greatly.
Amedia Old School 22” Ride. Lovely cymbal, couldn’t stop hitting it.
1940’s 14x7 Radio King

Andy, I’ll be dreaming of that 13x7 Walnut Snare tonight I’m sure! (And how to carefully approach ‘that’ conversation with the the ‘boss’)

Until the next time! I hope you all enjoy tomorrow. I’m beat!!

Zzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited:
What a day, so good to see Andy again and really nice to meet Alain. Sorry to miss other DW forum folks. Saw some amazing playing - Stanton Moore and Benny Greb were outstanding, also nice session by Jamiroquai's Derrick McKenzie. Scored a great little Amedia cymbal, I just wish I could go tomorrow as well! Roll on next time!

Photo of the Guru exhibit from the UK drum show courtesy of the UK Drum Show Facebook page.

Attachments

• 42672447_1105996012892168_3469753101748011008_n.jpg
    42672447_1105996012892168_3469753101748011008_n.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 77
Back