How do you listen to King Crimson?

Mastiff

As far as I'm aware, their music is unavailable by any modern electronic means. Am I supposed to go on Ebay and buy old CDs to rip or something? My cassettes from the 80s have long since dissolved.

Same thing for Tool. I heard they had a new album or something.

Odd that there wouldn't be downloads for them. Just grab some used CDs (I still have a few original LPs!) and you're good to go.

Bermuda

From what I've read, Fripp (and whoever from Tool) is weird about digital distribution, so Google and Spotify (among others) are shut out.

I just checked 2 of the biggest download sites and everything they have ever done is there.. Of course i am not recommending that you do this.. just checking that it does exist in digital...

I just checked 2 of the biggest download sites and everything they have ever done is there.. Of course i am not recommending that you do this.. just checking that it does exist in digital...

Yeah, I'm attempting to be legit about it. They don't make it easy. If I could just drop $30-40 and have Red, Crimson King, Three of a Perfect Pair and Beat in my library, I'd probably do it.

Even as CD's some of these are weird to get, as in they are commanding a collector premium and you have to weed through special foreign editions and so on.

I use my ears... Like most music.

Still using my old record player, it's great, sound is good and nothing beats an old LP cover with lyrics inside and everything.

And that's precisely the problem. If you put up hurdles to legal distribution, illegal distribution replaces it.

I use my ears... Like most music.

Funny, when I read the thread title I thought he meant like how do you digest it bc its some odd music. Now I really want to listen to Thela and 3 of a perfect pair. Thela is another of those I could've put in the mis-heard lyrics thread. Too embarrassing to admit what I thought he was saying instead of Thela Hun Ginjeet or whatever it is. Crimsons a lot of fun!

Crazy as it sounds we used to actually pay for music---how can the artist be so greedy to expect to get paid for their work?

There is the Disciplineglobalmobile.com website, which sells all things King Crimson, you could literally purchase their whole catalog there, they also have downloads so you don't have to wait.

I've been a fan since the 80s, so every time something new comes out, I just purchase the CD because I like having the whole package with the artwork - it's a holdover from my childhood when I'd read through liner notes while listening. I still do that.

Ebay also has a number of sellers selling used CD's too. I've completed collections by looking there.

I bought a couple of King Crimson CDs on Amazon a few years ago for lack of any other way to find their music digitally. CD players are getting more scarce. My new laptop doesn't have a built-in CD drive and some cars no longer offer them as an option.

A few years ago, I wanted to buy the track Wouldn't It Be Good by Nik Kershaw. I searched everywhere, but I couldn't even find the CD from any US sites. You could only get the re-recorded version. iTunes only offered it to residents of the UK and it was nowhere to be found on streaming sites. I had money burning a hole in my pocket but it was anything but easy for me to spend it. I finally bought a used CD, which ironically deprived the artist of any profit at all.

MP3's are killing the CD ,the trouble is that MP3 just isn't the same qualty as a CD and the higher fidelity (FLAC) format's are pretty hard to find.

So now the LP is making a comeback because of the low qualty CD remasters and crummy fidelity of the MP3.

The point of digital in the first place was a higher qualty alternative to the LP and what do we get,garbage.

Back