Help With Choosing New Drum Kit

Here are the pics! Thanks for all the advice guys, loving the kit!

Qn0NGdyl.jpg

oRmEbIDl.jpg

hk3elzsl.jpg

wo70NOwl.jpg

Kit in background is my old kit. Was a good beginner kit, time to find it a new owner. Hopefully itll help someone else take up the great talent of drumming.

Very nice. Those are nice sounding kits, and my 15 year old niece has a very similar setup and I was impressed by how nice it sounded.

My only suggestion is to begin flattening out the rack toms and bringing them together. Unless you're 4'8", in which case you can ignore me.

Example of a cheapie ludwig kit with similar sized 'big' toms and L-bars.

Yeah, I plan on moving things around. Picture is from right when I got home, just couldn't resist showing it off to my friends.

Good buy!

That kit will serve you well. I had one before and the build quality was good. Looks like it also came with good heads. The aax crashes were a sweet addition to the package.

You planning to upgrade the B8s to aax's?

I agree with the others, that's a great kit, certainly better than your initial options. Black lacquer and chrome is as classic a look as it gets! Love the long lugs of the older Tamas...were those one-piece lugs or 3 pieces--two end pieces and spanners between?

I agree with the others, that's a great kit, certainly better than your initial options. Black lacquer and chrome is as classic a look as it gets! Love the long lugs of the older Tamas...were those one-piece lugs or 3 pieces--two end pieces and spanners between?

Those are the one piece lugs.

Good buy!

That kit will serve you well. I had one before and the build quality was good. Looks like it also came with good heads. The aax crashes were a sweet addition to the package.

Definitely plan on upgrading the B8's

Good buy!

Bass drum skin is a little dented, gonna replace it, rest are fine, might get a new pair though to refresh the look of the kit.

Limited drum part knowledge here, think theyre one-piece lugs though. Star Cast mounting system as well.

Back