Best Maple Drumkit around $1000

I know this has been asked a lot but I found a lot of other forum posts were kinda confusing. Anyways, I was wondering what is the best MAPLE drum kit around $1000? Anything better than the PDP concept or anything like that in the price range?

I was looking around and the PDP concept caught my eye. Anything else out there that is better?

Willing to spend up to $1500 if it's really worth it.

Can we please stop with this BEST nonsence. They're all great in that price range. Unless you're paying for some shady deal you're not going to get a bad kit for $1k.

How about you tell us the qualities you're looking for in a kit, be specific, and we'll be able to help you.

Threads like this that try to mail down subjective things with absolutes are a waste of time. They're the worse kind of thread.

Can we please stop with this BEST nonsence. They're all great in that price range. Unless you're paying for some shady deal you're not going to get a bad kit for $1k.

How about you tell us the qualities you're looking for in a kit, be specific, and we'll be able to help you.

Threads like this that try to mail down subjective things with absolutes are a waste of time. They're the worse kind of thread.

im lookin fro a drum in my drumkit

What?You're looking fro a drum in your drum kit?There is no best,because at a certain price point,the playing field is pretty much level.Let your ears decide,not popular opinon or another drummers personal preference.Do yourself a favor,and go play some drums.You'll be glad you did.

Steve B

What?You're looking fro a drum in your drum kit?There is no best,because at a certain price point,the playing field is pretty much level.Let your ears decide,not popular opinon or another drummers personal preference.Do yourself a favor,and go play some drums.You'll be glad you did.

Steve B

He said something about a fro and drums.

106874-questlove_drumming_jimmy_fallon_617_409.jpg

Best "maple" kit I ever heard was purple heart. Like maple only "better" (yes guys - better! Like no discussion, no "IMO" - BETTER - period!)

No chance of a good one under $1,000 though, & ply purple heart is just a wasted opportunity :(

Not to mention, outside of the Signet, with any new maple kit that is in this price range, they're all getting their shells from the same place. And there is a good chance, most of the options you're looking at are all being made in the same factory by the same people.

Although I'm still shocked this can even be a discussion. There was a time if you wanted maple, you had to spend at least $2000.

+1. "best" is really subjective.

I never quite understood why there are not sticky threads here on 'new drums' that have a market value of under 500, 500-1000, 1000-1500, 1500-300, over 3000. These would be appropriate for the pros and cons of each.

It is easy then t figure out the value of used for be 50-60% of new values.

My 2 cents. :)

Unless you're paying for some shady deal you're not going to get a bad kit for $1k.

Agreed. PDP Concept, Gretsch Catalina, Mapex Meridian...All maple, all right around $1000, all good quality.

Which one has the color you want? 'Cause essentially everything else is going to be about the same with price, features and sound.

But that is just talking new kits; add in used drum sets and it should be pretty easy to get a pro level maple kit in that price range.

Although I'm still shocked this can even be a discussion. There was a time if you wanted maple, you had to spend at least $2000.

It's unbelievable just how many features that were considered pro level only have trickled down to the mid-level kits in the last 10 years or so. I'm also surprised by the general build quality too.

ok! same question about the drums, but not the 'best' but what would you recoment i'd try out in a shop.

I'm looking for a Fat sound, warm sound, boomy, short and powerfull. i play blue's rock and rock. price no more then 1600 dollars :)

I was thinking about drying a ludwig signet or gretsch renown maple =)

greets :D

ps: no fro!

ok! same question about the drums, but not the 'best' but what would you recoment i'd try out in a shop.
I'm looking for a Fat sound, warm sound, boomy, short and powerfull. i play blue's rock and rock. price no more then 1600 dollars :)

TBH, all of the semipro imports are really nice. Even the intermediate kits ($650-$1000 new) are nice. Don't het hung up on maple. Hit Pearl, Tama, DW, Yamaha, everyone and everyone. Play all the sets you can in your price range regardless of the wood or manufacturer or bias and buy the one you like in the color/sizes you like.

TBH, all of the semipro imports are really nice. Even the intermediate kits ($650-$1000 new) are nice. Don't het hung up on maple. Hit Pearl, Tama, DW, Yamaha, everyone and everyone. Play all the sets you can in your price range regardless of the wood or manufacturer or bias and buy the one you like in the color/sizes you like.

Well the maple is want for its warm sound qualaty :) but indeed, need to test out more. :)

greets :D

ps: no fro!
Check out a Gretsch Renown. I think the 30 degree bearing edges give it a fatter sound than, say, a Pearl Masters (which I think projects/cuts a little better) or others with the sharper 45 degree bearing edge that's more common in modern drums.
As others have said, anything in that price range is built well, so play as many as you can and you might be surprised at what you end with.

The best one is my Gretsch Renown that is for sale for 800.00. 1000.00 with the rack, but I will not ship it. 8, 10, 12, 14, 22

Back