SO what annoys you? (The so is on purpose)

I think one of the most annoying things to me is people who put ketchup on their hot dogs. WTF?

Haha. Just kidding.

I'm annoyed by people who have to live at their parents house when they are in their late 40's and they brings their lazy, unemployed boyfriends with them, and every time they open the door to their room it stinks up the hallway with a strange stench.

Some people sure are awesome to behold on a daily basis.

People who make me give my newest and most favourite recipe book to their mother for her birthday, because they couldn't get hold of a copy, having left it till the last minute to look.

Would that be your own children Madge?

... if not, will you be able to carry on making caeks just from memory?

I'll be very annoyed if you can't make caeks anymore....

Packaging. They over pack some stuff that is basically indestructable with plastic that has actually ended lives. But then you go buy a light bulb and they put 2 in a cardboard sleeve.
Silly humans.

That helps make the sleeve LIGHTER

will you be able to carry on making caeks just from memory?

I'll be very annoyed if you can't make caeks anymore....

The last one I made was out of the new book: it was the one I showed you on the jam night thread. It was actually the best caek I've ever made in my entire two-year caek-making career and I was looking forward to baking every recipe in the book. Giving it to MIL was one of those occasions when doing the right thing doesn't make you happy.

I can't remember how to make caeks for Mr Madge, unfortunately, but I'm pretty sure I could remember how to make them for my DW fiends :)

That helps make the sleeve LIGHTER

Groan! (But I wish I'd thought of that.)

Another one:

Weather presenters that talk about 'nice', 'good' and 'bad' weather.

I'll be the bloody judge of that, thanks. Just tell me what it's going to do.
Agreed. Weather is just what it is. It's a normal occurrence so in my book it's always 'good' per se. It's us dumb human beings that tend to interpret anything on this planet good or bad. Be it plants, animals - why not simply embrace it.

(I hate the regular grumbling of my mother that 'the weather is grey etc.' - as early as in the morning, when the day has just begun. In fact, this grumbling has an instant effect on my mood. Before = ok, after - less so.)

There's a lot more to be mentioned but I wanted to do a run now so I'll stop writing ;-) That would be the first run for several months - time to get more active. At least I haven't put on any weight - that's because I've been almost vegan for half a year or so now. One of the best decisions in my life.

Just off the top of my head...

That rat bastard Phil lol.

When driving, it annoys me when the first guy in line who has the left turn green arrow takes their sweet old time, when 5 more cars could have made it through the intersection. Then there's the 2nd guy.

People who don't use their signal lights.....
lol! A LOT of people who think they can drive...

People who use their cell phones (mainly look at them for various reasons) while driving - facebook, texting, etc... (= unsafe)
People who say it doesn't mess up their driving... (the ones who lane weave, and travel at erratic speeds = unsafe)
People who say they only do it traffic lights... (the ones who are still there when it is green, and don't even know it - and continue to say it doesn't mess them up = unsafe).
People who do not flow freely at free-flowing right turns (something we have a few of in my city - they stop, even though there is no stop or yield sign = unsafe)
People who stop when they have the right of way, blocking the intersection, eventually stopping traffic for everyone else (= unsafe).
People who think it should EVERYONE an hour to reach a cruising speed of 35mph, because EVERYONE should be driving a Prius, and never burn than an ounce of fuel per day (=discourteous).
People who brake BEFORE getting in the turn lane, slowing traffic unnecessarily
People who change lanes without signaling (then crossing 3-4-5 lanes of traffic, thinking that it should be okay, instead of exiting safely, and performing a legal U-turn at some point = unsafe).
People who park in the back of the lot, and take up 2-4 spots, in their average sports car, because they think it's special, even though the parking lot is filling up, disregarding everyone else's personal space/property (=discourteous).
People who don't know how to park correctly (understandable for people who can't see, or color within lines - but they should still be in kindergarten, and shouldn't be driving = unsafe).
People who don't know what the passing lane is there for (= discourteous).
People who travel at a faster speed to pass a car, then slow down for seemingly no apparent reason, just to be passed by that same car who appeared to be traveling at a constant speed, which sometimes leads the first car to speed up for some reason.
People who don't know how to turn, or brake at normal speeds (slow to 5mph or slower for each turn, or brake 1 mile in advance, because they don't understand/care how brake pads work - ignorant=unsafe)
People who travel 25mph in a 45mph zone (because they are blind and/or unable to observe traffic signs, or control their vehicle - either way, they are unsafe, and a danger to everyone on/near the public roads).
People who speed in school zones (because after the first sign, they speed up, as if children know the difference - unsafe).
People who don't like being passed, then speed up after they were passed (if they wanted to travel that fast in the first place, they wouldn't have been passed to begin with - they just have inferiority issues). Because now a person that is not normally driving at speed has sped up, and they may not understand the characteristics of their vehicle at this new speed (either unsafe or discourteous).

Basically - those who are, for whatever reason, ignorant, unsafe or discourteous drivers. There are a LOT of ways to be unsafe and discourteous. Everyone makes mistakes, but when you're driving a 3-5 thousand pound missile, able to end one's life (or their family's life), the room for error is only a few feet (or maybe a second or two).

MANY people should not be able to drive, simply because they think it is a right to transportation, and have absolutely no clue what the effect of their driving has on others (whether sober, or impaired).

My list is actually a lot longer, but it always comes down to safety and courtesy. Treat every driver as if they are carrying a weapon. Ah, the good ol' days.

LarsUlrich369.jpg

It annoys me when a driver in front of me brakes a 1/4 mile before a traffic slow up, making me jam on my brakes. People need to have an understanding that the guy behind them isn't expecting you to brake so far ahead of when it's necessary.

When trying to cross a busy street on foot, there is always one person who feels the need to stop and wave me across the street, thus almost causing a rear end collision. Now aside from almost causing an accident, the driver does not realize that every other driver in the general vicinity has no idea that he has just given me the right of way. If I foolishly try to cross the street at this point, I can be hit by a car or cause an accident.

You are in a car, on the road. I can stand here all day and wait for the road to clear. I am not in a hurry, obviously, which is why I am walking. Nor do I want to be hit by a car, or stand around and give witness statements to the police. The road is for you in the car, stop trying to get me to walk out into it!

Another one:

People that drive cars that have no mechanical sympathy and therefore don't understand the concept of engine braking.

Used appropriately, especially in a manual, it's a very effective way of slowing down gradually and safely - provided you don't over do it and use brakes effectively.

There's nothing worse than being in a car with somebody that thinks that the accelerator and brake are 'stop' and 'go' pedals. They're not. Learn how to use that third pedal (if you have one) and learn to slow down and accelerate smoothly and courteously.

As an electrician, it annoys me when I finish a job, get paid, and then they ask me to "just look at this one thing" I do it pleasantly, and have long since accepted the fact that this happens in the majority of cases....but inside it still irks me. I also get annoyed when I show up for a job knowing I have to do A, B and C, and they say, since you're here we want you to do D, E and F as well, not thinking that I might have other places to be after their job, (like a gig) which I often do.
It annoys me when people think that I can just drop everything I'm doing to rush to their place, like I am sitting home waiting for the phone to ring.

It annoys me when people try to talk me down in my price, which is the best deal I can give them. I've told potential customers that I already gave them my best price first and that I am insulted by them trying to undercut me. That works pretty good, but they have to annoy me before I will go there. Plus it gives me a bad attitude while I am doing the work. Conversely, if they take my initial price, I will break my back and go the extra mile for them.

Generally speaking, America is not a bargaining culture like in the Middle East. In most cases, the price is the price and it is accepted. For my middle Eastern customers, I price high and let them talk me down to where I need to price it at. They come from a bargaining culture so I can't fault them. It took me a while to realize this so I just play this stupid game with them now, which I detest.

Cheapskates annoy me to no end.

It actually can correlate with wealth - maybe you've noticed some of the wealthiest can be the biggest cheapskates. I never get why?
/QUOTE]

When I used to deliver pizza, the best tips came from middle class slobs, the worst tips came from the biggest houses. One older woman made a big deal about it.."Oh let me get you a tip"....she walks into another room and....totally serious, she hands me a dime. This was in 1985 or so. You have to wonder about people like that.

Never mind what annoys me; what makes me INCANDESCE is that felt stuff that the manufacturers of 4x4 vehicles choose to put on the interior of their vehicles. It collects hair/straw/hay/crap, and it's impervious to vacuuming.

Guess what I've been doing today, hmph.

Sounds like you've been Hoovering.

Sounds like you've been Hoovering.

I may have been, prior to handing over said 4x4 to her new mummy tomorrow.

Your sensitivity does you credit :)

That fake video of kids playing Tool. Also all the the people with kids who think the kids playing Tool video is "so awesome".

Back