"Bum Wrap" Drum wraps

Muckster

Platinum Member
Anyone have any experiences or dealings with "Bum Wrap?" : http://www.bumwrapdrumco.com

I'm restoring an old Tama set and some of their wood grain patterns would be awesome.

I have not dealt with them yet, I liked them on facebook a while ago. they really have some great looking wrap. I may do another re-wrap in a while. not sure how their prices are.

Jobeky uses Bum Wraps for their A-E converted drum kits. People have been happy with the look of the wraps, but I have heard that under a scrutinizing eye, you can tell its a printed wood grain wrap and not a real veneer.

Here is Jobeky's website if you want to see what some kits look like with the wrap:

http://www.jobekydrums.co.uk/index.php?main_page=gallery

The wood grain wraps look great. I'm not trying to fool anyone so i don't care about the scrutiny. I'm just looking for something other than the boring sparkle or solid color wrap.

I have some samples coming from Bum Wrap to check out. I'll keep you all posted.

Cool, checked out their site, looks like they use the adhesive which make it go on quicker and less messy. I like how they don't even offer sparkle finishes, just cool exotic type stuff.

Here's the first Tom from my Tama Granstar kit. A work in process. I'm replacing the battle hardened "Silky Yellow" with Bumwrap's "Curly Maple fade." I decided to test on one drum to see how i like it. Definitely like! I have more wrap on the way to finish the rest of the kit.

Attachments

• yellow.jpg
    yellow.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 3,155
  • curly maple fade.jpg
    curly maple fade.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 5,474
Looks great Bud. Much better for sure. Thanks for the heads up on the seam. I'll look at my Bubinga one and take a marker to it before I start.

Last edited:
Looks better than I thought it would. Nice.

I used Bum Wrap's custom printing process to get a close match for my blue strata Ludwigs as I was refurbishing them. I wrapped a 3-ply floor tom to match the kick and rack tom. The variation in color is more my fault as I created the image. As far as the quality, I couldn't be happier.

Attachments

• 20140103_203615s.jpg
    20140103_203615s.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 3,994
Being really into wood and natural finishes, I would go for actuall veneer.

http://www.woodworkforums.com/f98/veneer-drum-shells-103170/

Also faux wood doesn't really do the printing process justice either.

If you are really into sustainablity, I would say sustainability isn't plastic, try a bamboo veneer or something.

I hear ya man! But budget wise this was the way to go. I'm not trying to fool anyone. And I can change it up later because it's affordable

I was just looking at the BumWrap site (thinking to wrap a kit). They have some neat designs - but they have no basic sparkle or glass glitters wraps? Was surprised.

Looks great, makes me want to go find an old kit to restore!

Looks great Bud. Much better for sure. Thanks for the heads up on the seam. I'll look at my Bubinga one and take a marker to it before I start.

Grunter: I "borrowed" a couple markers from my daughter and experimented on the seam. Looking better!

Attachments

• seam.jpg
    seam.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 3,355
sweeeeeet!!! I have been so close to buying from them to wrap a small bob kit for my son but I cant decide on a pattern, their stuff looks great, nice job!

Grunter: I "borrowed" a couple markers from my daughter and experimented on the seam. Looking better!
I will look for that on my Bubinga. Didn't notice on the White Macassar because it is black and white. Thanks again for the heads up

Back