PDA

View Full Version : INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Taye-Dyed
02-22-2012, 05:30 AM
Real name? Adam Moore
Age? 48
How long have you been playing? About two years - played bass guitar for over 25 yrs before picking up the sticks
Origin of user name? Kind of obvious, but I play Taye drums and am an old hippie at heart, so as a play on words: Tie-dyed ----> Taye-Dyed
Your top 5 drummers? Ian Paice, John Bonham, Mitch Mitchell, Carl Palmer, Ginger Baker
Make of drumkit? Taye Studiomaple
Make of cymbal? A mixture of makes: Zildjian K Custom Dark 14" hi-hats, Sabian AAXplosion 16" crash, Paiste 18" Giant Beat Crash/Ride, Paiste 2002 20" Ride
Where do you practice? I am lucky to have a music room at home that fits my acoustic drums as well as a cheapo electronic kit and my bass rig.
Are you in a band? Two of them. Rusty Knox Band and J.A.M.B. (Jack, Adam, Miller and Burks)
Do you play covers or originals? The first band 90% originals, 10% covers. The second one the exact opposite.
What style of music? Americana, Blues.
Favourite take out food? Thai or Chinese
What country do you live in? USA
One really odd fact about yourself? How I ended up becoming a drummer in my mid-40's is kind of an odd story. See below!!!
How did you start drumming? A couple of years ago, I picked up a djembe at an open jam for the fun of it and ended up getting invited to join a band as a percussionist and then switched to the kit shortly after that.

Dhango
02-22-2012, 11:14 PM
Hi guys
My real name is Daniel, I'm from Argentina.
To make it short, drummers were always kind of special to me, ever since I heard my first beatle song, way back in 1970. Ringo Starr was my hero, specially because everybody picked on him, like if the other three guys were making him a favor by letting him play drums with them. So I felt sorry for Ringo and started to study why he did what he did and how he did it and started to make comparisons, friendly comparisons of course with other drummers: Bonham, Moon, Baker, Mitchell, Watts, etc. And that is why I'm here. To learn more, to share more and to have fun. And that's all. My best to you.

Losiewicz
02-24-2012, 02:37 PM
Hello everyone!
I'm Andreas Losiewicz, 19 yrs old, from Norway.
I have been playing for 14 yrs. I play all kinds of styles and all kinds of percussion instruments. I love playing the drum set as much as the mallet instruments.
Today I'm playing in one of Norway's best wind bands.
I also play in a big band and a jazz band.

I practice for at least 3 hours everyday, and I like to advance myself in musicianship. If you can play a tricky rythm, it's fine, but you also have to create music out of it.
I love the groove-feeling and climax in tunes.

This is a little about me :-)

And remember, always make music out of drumming!

jannetta
02-24-2012, 07:55 PM
Hi Folks

Real name? My name Jannetta, but I have actually joined the forum on behalf of my 13 year old daughter. Maybe she can join herself later, but in the meantime, my purpose for joining is to get some advice from those in the know.

Age? I'm ancient and my drum playing daughter is 13.

How long have you been playing? She has been playing since last year September when her father gave her a second hand drum kit for her birthday.

Origin of user name? My name

Your top 5 drummers? Dave Grohl, Christian Coma

Make of drumkit? Unknown

Make of cymbal? Unknown

Where do you practice? In her room

Are you in a band? Yes she is

Do you play covers or originals? Covers

What style of music? Rock

Favourite take out food? Pizza

What country do you live in? England

One really odd fact about yourself? I asked her and she says: "Everything". I don't know whether that refers to me or to her. Maybe both.

How did you start drumming? Verbatim answer by my daughter: "By buying drums and hitting them with drum sticks"

shambo
02-27-2012, 06:54 AM
Hi All!
Real name? Eric
Age? 42
How long have you been playing: 15 years then retired myself due to career for 12 years, picked back up 5 years ago.
Origin of user name: Nickname from friends based on last name
Top 5 drummers:John Bonham, Neil Peart, Carter Beauford, Tim Hobson, Dave Abbruzzese
Make of drumkit: Tama
Make of cymbal: Zildjian
Where do you practice: Basement Dungeon
Are you in a band: No
What style of music: Mostly rock
Favourite take out food: Pizza
What country do you live in: US
One really odd fact about yourself: My entire existence is pretty odd.
How did you start drumming: My brother-in-law inspired me when I was 12.

ATremblay
02-28-2012, 06:42 AM
Real name? Aaron Tremblay

Age? 26

How long have you been playing? 16 years

Origin of user name? It's my first initial and last name :)

Your top 5 drummers? Oh man, tough question... Without sounding too un-original: Neil Peart, Riley Breckenridge (Thrice) Jeremy "B-Wack" Bush (David Crowder Band) Kurt Sodergren (Big Bad Voodoo Daddy) and Carter Beauford (Dave Matthews Band)

Make of drumkit? Premier Artist Maple (from when they were still made in Britan!)

Make of cymbal? All Zildjians, A's and A Customs for now!

Where do you practice? At Home and Church

Are you in a band? Been in a few, currently in worship band at church

Do you play covers or originals? I play both! I love replicating what other great drummers have created and blending some of that with my own style.

What style of music? Pretty much all, from jazz and swing to metal, rock, alternative, pop etc...

Favourite take out food? Chipotle probably!

One really odd fact about yourself? I can't think of a good one, I'll come back to this later!

How did you start drumming? I got interested in it after I built a whole drumset out of my mom's pots and pans when I was about 7 or 8, then I terrorized the family with real drums since I was 10 years old! The very first songs I ever learned how to play were from Big Bad Voodoo Daddy's self named album!

moschmo
02-28-2012, 09:15 PM
Real name? Morgan Zwicker
Age? 16
How long have you been playing? 6 years
Origin of user name? "Mo Schmo" was my rapper name when I was 10. It's a long story.
Your top 5 drummers? Elvin Jones, Tony Williams, Stanton Moore, Benny Greb, Brian Blade
Make of drumkit? Gretsch Catalina and Pearl Forum
Make of cymbal? Sabian and Paiste
Where do you practice? Home; drum room and basement
Are you in a band? Yes, Teranova...http://www.facebook.com/TeranovaBand
Do you play covers or originals? Originals, with a few covers
What style of music? Progressive Rock is my band, I also play lots of jazz
Favourite take out food? Garlic Fingers
What country do you live in? Canada
One really odd fact about yourself? As mentioned above; I was a rapper when I was 10.
How did you start drumming? My brother played guitar, and I didn't want to do the same thing as him, but I loved music. So I asked my parents for a drum set for Christmas.

szoty
02-29-2012, 09:53 PM
Hi Guys I've just registered to the forum and I want to introduce myself

Real name? Bence Szokolai
Age? 18
How long have you been playing? almost 4years
Origin of user name? It is a very long mutation from my surname :)
Your top 5 drummers? Chad Smith,Jojo Mayer,Travis Baker,Rob Bourdon,Brandon Barnes
Make of drumkit? Magnum drum set / poor country,poor guy,poor drum... =/ /
Make of cymbal? Sabian/Meinl
Where do you practice? At home
Are you in a band? Yes, we play punk https://www.facebook.com/PerfectLieBand or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpL1IYH3eCk&context=C39cfe39ADOEgsToPDskIZwvuDbbrl67C49MRtVgJY
Do you play covers or originals? Both, but prefer originals
What style of music? Indie, rock
What country do you live in? Hungary
One really odd fact about yourself? Umm..I played waterpolo as a hobby
How did you start drumming? I don't know.I always loved to play on drums

mo2vation
02-29-2012, 09:59 PM
This is me. Been lurking for a bit, posting occasionally. Been a member, moderator and owner of many forums over the years across all types of interests, from photography, to diving, to gardening, to home audio, automotive and drums.

Drummerworld is in a time of transition - but no different from any other forum. Early adopters long for the good ol' days, new comers ask questions that have been asked, there are acrimonious splits. leadership changes, etc. But the same Forum truths exist here as they do on any other vBulletin Forum: Content lives forever - choose your words carefully, and be yourself. Characters and content are what forums are about.

The forums are where all the real information is. I drive people to forums of their specific interest whenever they need to know anything from real people. This forum is loaded with super content and great tips - I really like it here.

More about me:

Real name? Ken

Age? 51

How long have you been playing? Pics of me with wood spoons on pots at age 1. Had sticks around forever. Matching band (Timpani) in HS. First kit was a used Tama Imperial Star I paid on for months and brought home April 27th, 1979. Been playing drums almost every day since.

Origin of user name? Been my user name on every forum since forums were called 'lists'

Your top 5 drummers? Wow. Uh, Tony Brock, Roger Meadows Taylor, Neil, Mike Portnoy, Dennis Chambers

Make of drumkit? Main rig: 1996 Keller DW. Back up rigs too numerous to mention

Make of cymbal? I use mostly Zildjian K Custom Darks. I have Sabian effects stuff, a few Wuhon China's.

Where do you practice? My home studio

Are you in a band? Too many. I'm a collaborative artist. The phone rings, I go.

Do you play covers or originals? Yes.

What style of music? Prog, Rock, Pop, Metal, Gospel, CCM, Indy, Latin, Jazz... whatever. Its music. Who wants only one flavor on their plate?

Favourite take out food? Something healthy with lots of protein. I'm a gym rat.

What country do you live in? SoCal

One really odd fact about yourself? I've never had a drum lesson.

How did you start drumming? I don't ever remember not drumming.

aryo
03-01-2012, 12:01 AM
hi guys i've just registered at this forum and i would like to introduce my self..

REAL NAME? haryo oratama dewandaru

AGE? 22

ORIGIN OF USERNAME? my friend called me aryo.

YOUR TOP 5 DRUMMERS? steve gadd,david garibaldi,benny greb, sandy winarta (indonesian drummer),rayendra sunito(indonesian drummer)

MAKE OF DRUMKIT? i have premier outfit 303.. yes its a vintage drumset.

MAKE OF CYMBAL? i us lot of cymbals i use TRX,STAGG,PAISTE,ZILDJIAN,MEINL

WHERE DO YOU PRACTICE? at hom and at studio sometimes when i got rehearsal eith band

ARE YOU IN BAND? yes. of course :) i play in many different band and different style music.. and i enjoy with that... http://www.facebook.com/pages/SEEMS/112090582157919?sk=app_2405167945
http://www.reverbnation.com/enerudji

DO YOU PLAY COVERS OR ORIGINALS? both of that. but i like and prefer play some originals stuff. more exciting and challanging.. :)

WHAT STYLE OF MUSIC? jazz,rock,pop,funk,

WHAT COUNTRY DO YOU LIVE IN? indonesia

ONE REALLY ODD FACT ABOUT YOURSELF? simple. i love all everything about art... gear addict...

Xeno
03-02-2012, 05:44 AM
Hey people! I posted a pic of my new DW kit but thought I might as well make it official.

Real name? Chris Lorentzen
Age? 47
How long have you been playing? 15 years. Took a 10 year "break" then decided I missed it too much and built a new kit.
Origin of user name? Sounded cool ( to me at least) and I'm a big "A L I E N" fan. :)
Your top 5 drummers? Tommy Aldridge, Cozy Powell, Tommy Lee, Steve Smith, Danny Carey Love the rock drummers..
Make of drumkit? DW Performance Series
Make of cymbal? Paiste 2002
Where do you practice? Garage converted to play room for kids/ drum room.
Are you in a band? No...thinking about it.
Do you play covers or originals?
What style of music?
Favourite take out food?
What country do you live in? US
One really odd fact about yourself?
How did you start drumming? Was in junior high and the school band put on an assembly. The drummer did a quick solo during "Wipeout" and I was hooked.
During the 80's I was in a "hair band" and played all the great local Hollywood clubs (The Whiskey a Go-Go, The Troubadour, The Roxy, Gazarri's) We were really popular...headlined shows with GnR, Warrant, Poison and actually almost got signed before we broke up.

Anyway...love the site and all the good information I get here. Been awhile since I played and see that alot has changed! :)

Oh...here's my new kit...

BrianJames
03-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Real name? Brian James but I go by my middle name, Jimmy.
Age? 24
How long have you been playing: On an off since grade school. But within the last year, I really dedicated myself, practicing 3 hours a day minimum.
Origin of user name: It's my name.
Top 5 drummers: Baby Dodds, Earl Palmer, Stanton Moore, Hal Blaine, Benny Greb
Make of drum kit: Slingerland field snare from the 50's, 10x14. Pacific kit.
Make of cymbal: I use mostly Sabian's but I dig whatever sounds good.
Where do you practice: Crappy basement in a 100 year old house in Portland, OR.
Are you in a band: the No Tomorrow Boys
What style of music: Rock n' Roll, Early Rhythm n' Blues, Punk, Rockabilly
Favourite take out food: Vegan Pizza
What country do you live in: US
One really odd fact about yourself: I don't drink.
How did you start drumming: School band, 4th grade.

sbowman128675
03-06-2012, 06:04 AM
Hello.

My name is Steven Bowman form good ol' BC Canada.

Been abusing kits from the age of 14. Now at age 22 Ive been through alot of changes over the years form style, sound, look, drum kits, bands....:P

I play mainly blues, jazz, and rock. Love Daniel Glass, Sean Pelton, Mike Portnoy, Chad Smith, Terry Bozzio, Jermey Colson, Jeff Kempateli. yea, i love alot of diffrent styles.

My kit is and has been for the past 4 years a Sonor Force 3007 Kit in Piano Black. 14x4 snare, 10x8 tom, 14x14 16x16 Floor toms and a 22x17.5 snare. Always have used Sabian AAX and HH all around. got three aaxplosion crashes 16,17, and 18, and 18 ozone, 8 splash, 14 HHDark Hats, 20 stage ride. also got a 14x6 birch snare drum on order.

Love to be here. Looking to learn lots as always.

God Bless,
Steve.

sbowman128675
03-06-2012, 06:07 AM
Hello.

My name is Steven Bowman form good ol' BC Canada.

Been abusing kits from the age of 14. Now at age 22 Ive been through alot of changes over the years form style, sound, look, drum kits, bands....:P

I play mainly blues, jazz, and rock. Love Daniel Glass, Sean Pelton, Mike Portnoy, Chad Smith, Terry Bozzio, Jermey Colson, Jeff Kempateli. yea, i love alot of diffrent styles.

My kit is and has been for the past 4 years a Sonor Force 3007 Kit in Piano Black. 14x4 snare, 10x8 tom, 14x14 16x16 Floor toms and a 22x17.5 snare. Always have used Sabian AAX and HH all around. got three aaxplosion crashes 16,17, and 18, and 18 ozone, 8 splash, 14 HHDark Hats, 20 stage ride. also got a 14x6 birch snare drum on order.

Love to be here. Looking to learn lots as always.

God Bless,
Steve.

Way to not read carefully on my part.....ftw........

harryconway
03-06-2012, 07:06 AM
Welcome to Drummerworld, Steve. You kit sounds cool. Got any pictures you can post? We love eye candy.

Ground Pounder
03-06-2012, 12:51 PM
This looks as good a place as any to get started, eh?

Real name? Mike H

Age? 34

How long have you been playing? Started playing music at 7 y/o. Started playing "drums" at 34 :D

Origin of user name? I read about a "ground pounder" bass fishing tournament in Japan where all of the participants fished from the shore because the boating license and fuel costs were so expensive. Since I also mostly fish from shore, I adopted the nickname.

Your top 5 drummers? Merely from a fan-of-music perspective: Benny Benjamin, Uriel Jones and "Pistol" Allen (I lump these 3 together as the "motown trio), Bill Ward, Dave Grohl, Igor Cavalera, and Neil Peart.

Make of drumkit? N/A

Make of cymbal? N/A

Where do you practice? Basement, in front of the comp.

Are you in a band? Not currently.

Do you play covers or originals? N/A

What style of music? From a fan perspective: Huge into metal, rock, R&B, and motown.

Favourite take out food? Oriental, mostly chinese

What country do you live in? Motown, USA

One really odd fact about yourself? My index fingers are about 3/4" shorter than my ring fingers, and if you've ever played a string instrument, you know that this is kind of a big deal :)

How did you start drumming? I've been a semi-mediocre guitarist and bassist for nearly 20 years. This year, just after my 34th birthday, I was walking through my local GC on a whim and saw the Tommy Igoe "Great Hands" video playing on the screen. I figured "What the heck, why not?", so I picked up a practice pad and some 5A's and started going to town!

MaryO
03-06-2012, 01:27 PM
Welcome Steven! Glad to have you!

Big_Al47
03-06-2012, 10:24 PM
Welcome aboard

sbowman128675
03-06-2012, 11:42 PM
thankxs guys. Ill try and get a few pics up soon.

chesko
03-07-2012, 04:47 PM
Hello all, here is my info:

Real name? Francis
Age? 43
What country do you live in? USA (The Garden State)
How long have you been playing? Just a couple months, though I have loved drums since day one.
Origin of user name? As in a shortened form of Francesco.
Your top 5 drummers? Hmmm, maybe Stewart C, Terry B, Aynsley D, Neil P and Carl P....but lots more could easily swap into the list.
How did you start drumming? Started my 10-year-old son on lessons recently. This got my appetite going. As soon as a slot opened after his lesson, I grabbed it.

I have tinkered with guitar for many years, but I think drums may be a better fit for me.

xxdrexx
03-07-2012, 06:40 PM
Real name? Andy Lareau
Age? 34
How long have you been playing? Drums - 16 years, Guitar - 22 years, Music - whole life...
Origin of user name? xx + short form of my name + xx
Your top 5 drummers? Gavin Harrison, Steve Smith, Stewart Copeland, Brooks Wackerman, Dave Grohl
Make of drumkit? Pork Pie (acoustic), Yamaha (electric)
Make of cymbal? Zildjian (As, K Custom Darks and Z Custom)
Where do you practice? My basement
Are you in a band? I play guitar in a cover band right now.. Not playing drums in any bands at the moment.
Do you play covers or originals? Covers in the cover band... but most of my bands have been originals.
What style of music? Punk rock, metal...
Favourite take out food? In N Out Burger
One really odd fact about yourself? I can't really think of anything. I'm not a unique snowflake.
How did you start drumming? The other guitar player in one of my old bands left a set of drums at my house for a summer. :)

sbowman128675
03-07-2012, 09:58 PM
I know I already posted...but I wanna do this...

Real name?- Steven Bowman

Age?- 22

How long have you been playing?- altogether, 11 years, but soildly about 9

Origin of user name?- First initial and last name, the #'s are my old EID from mcdonalds

Your top 5 drummers?- Mike Portnoy, Chad Smith, Sean Pelton, Adam Deitch, Dave Wekil

Make of drumkit?- Sonor

Make of cymbal?- Sabian

Where do you practice?- My bedroom

Are you in a band?- yes. The 57 Street Gospel Blues Band and City Life Church Re:Gen worship team

Do you play covers or originals?- Both

What style of music?- Blues, Jazz, Rock, Worship

Favourite take out food?- Mcdonalds

What country do you live in?- Canada

One really odd fact about yourself?- I have double joints in my thumbs...makes drumming fun for me...lol

How did you start drumming?- I was raised in a family that had bands playing in my house for years and I always was fixated on what the drummer was doing

RecursivePercussive
03-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Real name?- Steven Murry

Age?- 22

How long have you been playing?- 9 years

Origin of user name?- I chose it because percussion and drumming has always been a part of culture and always will be, and no matter how many innovations and new ideas appear, it always comes back to the same thing, how to express ourselves through rhythm, and it will always be that way. Percussion repeats itself over and over, recursively....and RecursivePercussive rhymes. I chose it mostly because it rhymes. :P

Your top 5 drummers?- Darren King, Dave Grohl, Buddy Rich, Joe Morello Meg White, haha! (http://www.theonion.com/articles/meg-white-drum-solo-maintains-steady-beat-for-23-m,9902/)

Make of drumkit?- Yamaha DTX-500 module and TP65 triggers (live in an apartment)

Make of cymbal? - PCY65 Triggers :P

Where do you practice?- Computer room

Are you in a band? - Part of a rotation for church band. Would love to find another band to write originals with

Do you play covers or originals? - Covers, would love to branch to original though

What style of music? - Worship, Rock, Jazz, other random weird stuff

Favourite take out food? - Skyline Chili

What country do you live in? - USA

One really odd fact about yourself? - I have a nose like a bloodhound. I've always joked that it'll save my life one day.

How did you start drumming? - With sticks and a practice pad ;)

But seriously, started playing trombone in middle school band class and thought that the percussion section was having a lot more fun. So I promptly switched over and never looked back.

LeftyDoug
03-10-2012, 07:08 AM
Real name - Doug Bryant

Age - 41

How long have you been playing - Started playing at the age of 15

Origin of user name - I am a left handed drummer named Doug

Your top 5 drummers - Steve Smith, Dave Weckl, Neil Peart, Gavin Harrison, Todd Sucherman

Make of drumkit - Tama Starclassic birch performer, Yamaha Stage Custom, Sonor Force 3007 on the way!

Make of cymbal - Mix of Zildjian, Sabian, Wuhan effects cymbals

Where do you practice - In my basement or at a band member's house

Are you in a band - Yes, currently 2 bands

Do you play covers or originals - Mostly covers

What style of music - Classic/Southern rock, New rock

Favourite take out food - Pizza

What country do you live in - USA

One really odd fact about yourself - I'm a lot more OCD than I'd like to admit

How did you start drumming - Took drum lessons so I could go to band camp with my friends. Everything just grew from there. My best friend showed me Neil Peart on the "Exit Stage Left" video and I was hooked. Once I discovered Steve Smith, Dave Weckl and a larger world (I am from a small town), things really opened up for me. I've been constantly learning ever since. Glad to be here.

Zickos
03-10-2012, 07:12 AM
Real name - Doug Bryant

One really odd fact about yourself - I'm a lot more OCD than I'd like to admit

A lot of us around here are a bit OCD, but I am CDO.

You know what that is, don't you?

It is the same thing as OCD except the letters are in the PROPER ORDER AS THEY SHOULD BE!

LeftyDoug
03-10-2012, 07:54 AM
LOL nice! Must be a drummer thing then.

GGpompon
03-12-2012, 04:02 PM
Hello,
I' m Gérard, I live in France in west Paris suburb, I'm 66 years old, I' m a vintage drums fan; in 1968/1969 I studied drums at Dante AGOSTINI/Kenny CLARKE school ; it was a great honor to study with Kenny CLARKE, he was very kind with students; in 1969 I got an old GRETSCH set 13x9, 16x16, 22x14 black with little gold pieces rhodoid, later I knew it was an "Anniversary Sparkle" modele 1958/1959; in 1970 I bought an alto tom 12x8 black nitron rhodoid; many years later I had a great chance to find an "Anniversary Sparkl" snare 14x5,5: my set was completed !!!... So, I get a SLINGERLAND 12x8 "Silver Sparkl" rhodoid and a 1970 ROGERS set 13x9, 16x16, 22x14 3 "Black Oyster" rhodoid (same colour Ringo STARR Ludwig).
Gerard[

larryz
03-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Hello there. Please indulge us vintage drum lovers by posting some photographs of your kits. And heck, some of France would be nice too :)

GGpompon
03-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Hello,
At first, sorry for my English, I make some mistakes sure.
I had some pictures about my sets but I had to reduce dimensions before posting.
Gérard

Rudiment
03-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Hello, it feels I've like been meaning to take part in this forum my entire life but now is the time!

Real name? Sam
Age? 24
How long have you been playing? 14 years
Origin of user name? Take a look! :D I tried all the ones I thought would be taken and got this beauty!
Your top 5 drummers? Dave Weckl, John Macaluso, Buddy Rich, Bobby Jarzombek, Akira Jimbo - I'm not even sure if these are my top 5, but these are 5 favorites
Make of drumkit? Roland & Mapex
Make of cymbal? Roland again & Zildjian
Where do you practice? At home
Are you in a band? Yes, we're named Shellshock. We have a new album and single with music video coming out in the next few weeks
Do you play covers or originals? Originals in my band, I enjoy learning a song now and then though
What style of music? Progressive metal & progressive rock, classical, jazz
Favourite take out food? If I was to ever order one then it would probably Thai or Chinese nowadays, loads of vegetarian options with that
One really odd fact about yourself? I can rotate my head to look at you directly backwards like an owl.
How did you start drumming? I naturally picked it up during a class exercise involving learning a basic drum beat - then I started lessons. I never had a kit at home, so from then on I used to occupy the drum room at my school as much as I was allowed, I spent my entire school life trying to weasel my way into the drum room for every morning and lunch break possible.

As mentioned in the handy questionnaire, I'm Sam. It's great to meet you all, and great to be here! I've already learnt a lot from this forum from browsing - not just in knowledge but in wisdom from people with a great deal more experience than I.

A bit more about me - I am a drum tutor from home (with my roland kit) and have also done a bit of session work. My current land lady is kind enough to let me use the garage to do lessons so all is pretty cool in this house. I'm about to have an album out with my band, spent today recording a music video for our upcoming single - with an award winning actor named Daniel Brocklebank which I'm quit excited about.

Here's a pic of my kit a Roland TD12 which I've expanded a bit. My acoustic drums are in storage right now because I use my electric kit live for Shellshock. It seems to work much better for the sound we want. This is a pretty old pic, the set up has changed to a double pedal with a bigger KD120 bass drum.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2057dvp.jpg

maybelooking
03-13-2012, 10:04 PM
41 years old. Started playing at 13 years old. Didnt really get serious about it untill a year ago....by that I mean taking lessons and really getting in depth about technique and mechanics!!!!

Influences and drum heroes are Neil Peart, Todd Sucherman, Jeff Porcaro, and a bunch of others. It would take too long to list them all.

I recently was able to purchase the type of kit I always wanted but never had the money to afford. A 6 piece Pearl Reference kit. Various K custom and A custom cymbals.

Probably going to purchase my second "pro" end kit in the near future. Cant decide if I want a Masterworks kit or a DW Collectors kit.

Anyway....looking forward to meeting lots of great drummers here and learning as much as I can.

Thanks for reading.

harryconway
03-13-2012, 10:09 PM
Welcome to Drummerworld. You have a Pearl Reference kit, and you post no pictures? Oh, the horror. Please, some eye candy, when you get the time.

maybelooking
03-13-2012, 10:37 PM
One more time. Im tryin to figure out how to shrink these pics.

maybelooking
03-13-2012, 10:42 PM
Ok, got it.

The finish is twilight fade. Black hardware. These drums are absolutely thunderous. And you can see my 4 piece masters custom set in the background as well. They sound great live and its a small kit and easy for set up and playing out.

harryconway
03-13-2012, 11:11 PM
Beautiful kit. I'll guess the sizes at 20, 10, 12, 14, 16? Love the black hardware, too. I resize all my pictures here http://www.shrinkpictures.com/ really quick and easy.

MaryO
03-13-2012, 11:14 PM
Welcome to the forum!

maybelooking
03-13-2012, 11:28 PM
Beautiful kit. I'll guess the sizes at 20, 10, 12, 14, 16? Love the black hardware, too. I resize all my pictures here http://www.shrinkpictures.com/ really quick and easy.

yep, you got the sizes correct. thanks for the compliment. I let a friend of mine play them out one night so I could sit and hear them and they absolutely sounded incredible live and miced up.

they dont leave my house again though. they were bought to enjoy at home and do some recording with. not to be gigged out.

harryconway
03-14-2012, 06:33 AM
they dont leave my house again though. they were bought to enjoy at home and do some recording with. not to be gigged out.
Well, I know that deal. I have 7 acoustic sets, and my Gretsch Round Badge kit ... it stays in my house. Not even "in my drum studio". It stays in my house. My beater kit, is a Yamaha Recording Custom kit. And I'd gig out with any of my "other" 5. But the Round Badge kit stay's under "house arrest".
Yeah, I've heard the Reference drums, live. Un-mic'd. Great sounding drums.

Nodiggie
03-14-2012, 06:39 AM
Welcome to the forum. Beautiful kits.
I really dig the EC2 clears and EMAD as well, nice choice indeed.

maybelooking
03-14-2012, 03:13 PM
Welcome to the forum. Beautiful kits.
I really dig the EC2 clears and EMAD as well, nice choice indeed.

Thanks for the compliments. Yeah, I went with the ec2 heads just because that seemed to be the rage and what lots of folks were using these days.....and they sound awesome....but I may try something different soon just to see what some other heads sound like.

Big_Al47
03-14-2012, 06:21 PM
Welcome aboard

Big_Al47
03-14-2012, 06:22 PM
Welcome aboard

harryconway
03-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Gérard, welcome to Drummerworld. No need to apologize for your English .... you speak/type it waaaaaay better than I do French. But man, you break my heart .... I gotta see those drum kits of yours. Here's a resize link. It's free, fast, and easy. http://www.shrinkpictures.com/ (just like some women, I used to know). I have a Gretsch Round Badge kit, 20, 13, 16. Of course, not in the finish you have. That is one rare kit, you have.

Chunky
03-17-2012, 12:39 AM
Hey everyone,
Been looking forward to getting on here finally, even if it is just on my phone for now.

I'm Chunky, 27 years old, been playing since I was 15, I love most styles of music and even the styles that don't set my world on fire I still enjoy to play and learn.
Love funky stuff, latin and reverse engineered break-beat styles but I am first and foremost a metal-er.
I play in a band called Hellraizer and we play a mix of, straight up metal, djent and pretty much all the good bits we like of all the genres.

I play a Mapex Saturn Pro, 10, 12, 14 toms, 20 kick and 14x 7 Black panther

I have coated Emporer heads on top, Ambassadors on bottoms, Emporer X on snare and eMad on bass drum

17" A custom crash (I think, I've only just started venturing away from Sabian),
18" AAXplosion crash
16" Pro Sonix china which was a spare after I broke my better ones but cuts through better live than the expensive ones! Nasty recording tone though...
18" Istanbul china, Alchemy? looks terrible, sounds amazing!
21" Sabian dry ride
7" and 10" Dave Weckl evo splashes - sounds just like him! Which is a credit to just how natural his sound is and how good that natural sound is. Doesn't make me play like him though... :(
8" AAX splash
Big and small Zil-bells
14" AAX stage hats

Gibralter rack
Iron cobra pedals, double, hats and cowbell.

An assortment of cowbells, woodblocks tamborines and 12" Tama hand hammered snare for other musical situations

I don't get out on the scene much and there isn't a great deal of drummers around me so I've always missed out on the strong drummer community I always read about in Rhythm magazine so, here I am! Hello everyone!

Chunky

Big_Al47
03-18-2012, 07:17 PM
Nice gear! Welcome aboard

Mad About Drums
03-18-2012, 07:24 PM
Hi Chunky, welcome to the forum :)

Are you a Mick Tucker's fan? Just wondering because of your username, lol :)

Percphreak
03-19-2012, 07:08 AM
Real name?-Richard Whynn McGuire, or Rick
Age?-16
How long have you been playing?-6 years
Origin of user name? perc=percussion phreak=because it looks cool
Your top 5 drummers? In order Buddy Rich, Max Roach, Steve Jordan, Chad Smith, Matt Greiner,
Make of drumkit?-PDP FS Birch 5 piece Tobacco Burst, Ludwig Aluminum Snare Drum
Make of cymbal?-Zildjian ZXT Series, Paiste 302 hi-hats
Where do you practice?-My room, school
Are you in a band?-Sort of, my brother, cousin, and I are recording some songs this summer but we never jam
Do you play covers or originals?-Both, but mostly originals
What style of music?-Anything
Favourite take out food?-3x3 from In-and-Out
What country do you live in?-U.S.A.
One really odd fact about yourself?-I can quote the entire movie "That thing you do"
How did you start drumming?-Joining school band in Elementary school, and taking drum lessons

BreatheLifeIntoAlaska
03-19-2012, 02:02 PM
Hey guys. I'm new!

Real name? Aaron
Age? 19
How long have you been playing? Running on two years now
Origin of user name? A multi-instrumental project that I started that's a little over ambitious and thus on a backburner for now.
Your top 5 drummers? Blake Richardson, guess I'll just say most youtube drummers take one spot... I don't know. I can't really choose. I take inspiration from almost everyone I hear. I know that's probably cliche, but it's true. I can't pick. Sorry.
Make of drumkit? PDP Z5s right now, but about to buy some Tama Silverstars.
Make of cymbal? Zildjians
Where do you practice? In a garage.
Are you in a band? Unfortunately not.
Do you play covers or originals? Covers mostly. Try to do originals but... I'm on my own, ha, and soloing isn't really my focus.
What style of music? Almost everything I can wrap my head around :)
Favourite take out food? Chinese :) Sesame chicken from China kitchen, down the road.
What country do you live in? United States. California. You've never heard of the city :) Smaaaaaall.
One really odd fact about yourself? Uh... Odd? I'm also a competition-winning actor, as well as a writer? Idk about odd. I can't think of "odd" facts, haha.
How did you start drumming? Kill me now, but Rock Band. My dad got it because I liked Guitar Hero, and I always just ignored the drums and pushed them on him. Then one fateful day... ha ha ha!

Chunky
03-20-2012, 02:13 AM
Thanks!

I have no idea who Mick Tucker is?

My nicknames Chunky and I'm in a band called Hellraizer.

Never even seen the movie Hellraiser! Iw Mick Tucker the guy?

I think there's even another band called Hellraiser, just spelled differently.

Impossible to pick a name no-one has! We need to extend our alphabet!

I have to say it's great to be among other drummers, spent so long in the dark I'm excitededly replying to every little post probably getting on people nerves! Lol.

Great place!

Mad About Drums
03-20-2012, 02:41 AM
I have no idea who Mick Tucker is?

He's the drummer of this band :))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwbgGbEv2_Q&feature=related

michellecastro
03-20-2012, 07:43 AM
Well, first of all, I'm sorry for my bad english. My name is Michelle Castro, and I'm Portuguese. I'm 15 yo, and I'm learning drums (or trying to).

I play guitar, sax and piano for years, and since the beginning of this year, drums. I have a cousin, now in Germany, who left me parts of his old (first one I guess) drumkit.
I'm very curious and I love music, so, I've started to try drumming a little bit, playing alongside with some Johnny Cash, or Elvis music (without real drums in those records).

I'm already on another instrument's classes, so I cant afford a drum teacher. So, I'm alone on this, but loving this. I'm a minimalist girl, and I love the drumming style of Meg White, Ringo Starr, Mike Avory... Well, I have a very small drumkit:

a 14' hihat (paiste), a 18'' crash/ride paiste, a snare, a kick and a floor tom. Just that. I have the cymbal monted on the kick, on the middle of the drumkit (well, just a little bit for the right side, close to my floor tom). I can play it as a real ride, or crashing on him. Call me innocent, but until now, I'm quite happy with this drumkit. I'm learning with internet and tutorials, playing and pratice hard, and now I'm playing with a band (well... a PROJECT of a band).

Sorry all this wall of text. Any tips and ideas, are wellcome :)

larryace
03-20-2012, 07:10 PM
Welcome Michelle. We need more female drummers here, we only have a few. Please make yourself feel at home here. You've come to a great place.

MaryO
03-20-2012, 07:17 PM
From one female drummer to another...welcome! Check out all areas of this site for some great information and when you have questions, let us know...we'll be glad to try and help :)

harryconway
03-20-2012, 09:33 PM
Welcome to Drummerworld. You have the essentials. The 4 voices. The kick, snare, hats, and ride. Most all your drumming will be with those 4 elements. Rack toms, floor toms, crash, splash, and china's, etc., all that stuff is just icing on the cake. I call your set-up, the Steve Adler tribute kit. When Steve first joined GNR, theym took away his big, arena rock kit, and made him play with just a kick, snare, and floor tom. They "forced" him to concentrate on the groove. Leave behind, the multi-tom fills. And, those early Hollywood GNR shows, well, those guys were raw. Gutter-rockers. And the first album, still holds its own, 25 years later. My "minimalist" set .... you have 1 more drum, than me.

mbdrummer
03-20-2012, 09:43 PM
Hi My friends
Mario Borrelli is a Neapolitan by birth and musical background. Naples can be considered the cradle of Italian rhythmical nature and it's significant musical tradition has given birth to many talented artists. Mario was born in Cercola, Naples (Italy) on the 2nd May 1981. Influenced by his dad who was a Musician (drummer) he began playing classical piano aged 8 and the drums aged 11. His passion for music started at an early age, being surrounded by instruments and music more than toys.
Enjoy Mb Videos
DRUMSOLO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlDtD33AILc&list=UUr2e8YBuDsvfYOfckLEc_Yg&index=10&feature=plcp

More videos on My YOUTUBE channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/lifefordrumming?feature=mhee

Hope you enjoy
God Bless you
Mario

resohead
03-21-2012, 01:39 AM
I seem to have a lot of online friends from Portugal. I'm glad you're here.

You probably already have a metronome from your other music but if not, pick one up.

Don't think you have any reason not to love that kit. I've had one pretty expensive kit and one very expensive kit. Now I have a Yamaha kit that cost around $600 new. I like this one.

oldjoe38
03-21-2012, 04:54 AM
Play with a band called Stereo Reform from SC. Check us out: http://www.stereoreform.com

D-Rock Drumming
03-21-2012, 07:55 AM
Hey everyone, D-Rock here. I'm 32 years old and started playing when I was 16. For years before I actually started playing I also wanted to play but for whatever reason my time had to wait...I bought my first set a 1970's Ludwig Vistalite from a great musician friend who would end up being the guitarist in a few bands with me. After two years of playing I started studying seriously with my now close friend David Dreyfus (Student of Dom Famularo) I started teaching drums at the age of 21 after studying with David for 3 years. I stopped teaching when I went to school at the age of 26 to get my degree in Chemistry. Recently graduated last year at the age of 31, didn't land a job teaching chemistry and I've gotten back into drumming and teaching again. I'm trying to make cool online videos and so anyone with cool ideas please throw them my way. Here are two videos I have made...one is on inverted double stroke rolls with your feet, and the other is on a brazilian samba pattern. Hope to hear from people soon..Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCxp1Bw8gpY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvdkxUU8l_o&feature=related

Big_Al47
03-21-2012, 05:54 PM
Great videos, thanks for sharing

Big_Al47
03-21-2012, 05:55 PM
Welcome aboard

Big_Al47
03-21-2012, 05:55 PM
Welcome aboard

Big_Al47
03-21-2012, 05:56 PM
Welcome aboard

fammdw
03-21-2012, 06:09 PM
Real name? Mike Williams
Age? 46 YOA
How long have you been playing? Off and on 33 years.
Origin of user name? A mixture of my profession and initials.
Your top 5 drummers? 1. Neil Peart, 2. Jimmy The Rev Sullivan, 3. Joey Jordison, 4. John Bonham, 5. Lars Ulrich
Make of drumkit? Pearl Vision VBL in Birch
Make of cymbal? Zildjian ZXT until I can afford to pick up a set of A Customs
Where do you practice? Home / Basement
Are you in a band? No
Do you play covers or originals? Covers
What style of music? Rock / Jazz
Favourite take out food? Chinese
One really odd fact about yourself? I'm an old fart, but still feel young.
How did you start drumming? Beat on shit in the house until I was old enough to start music in 5th grade. Was playing in a College Jazz Band by my Sophmore year in High School. I've been away from it for 15 years and miss it, so I picked up a nice used kit about month ago. Now trying to build my chops back up. It's amazing how much you lose it when you haven't picked up a pair of sticks in years! Tapping on the steering wheel in the car to the radio just doesn't cut it!

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc516/fammdw/Drums.jpg

Chunky
03-22-2012, 01:59 AM
Ah no! I'm going to kill our guitarist, he said he'd looked the name up and there was only 1 unsignes band named it.
what a dick!

I'm depressed now.

Pocket-full-of-gold
03-22-2012, 02:30 AM
He's the drummer of this band :))

Are you ready Andy?
Steve?
Mick?
Alright fellas.......let's go!!

I used to have a mate called Chunky. Hellraiser was pretty much how I'd describe him too. He was truely as mad as a cut snake. Now I've just gotta get used to seeing Chunky without the ensuing lunacy.....and imminent police presence. :-)

Welcome aboard mate.

Mad About Drums
03-22-2012, 03:00 AM
Are you ready Andy?
Steve?
Mick?

LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzpWJx3I2DY

Chunky
03-23-2012, 06:40 AM
Are you ready Andy?
Steve?
Mick?

I used to have a mate called Chunky. Hellraiser was pretty much how I'd describe him too. He was truely as mad as a cut snake. Now I've just gotta get used to seeing Chunky without the ensuing lunacy.....and imminent police presence. :-)

Welcome aboard mate.

Hahaha cheers! Not sure my mental state us up to much either I'm afraid. Cold showers and quiet time keep me good though...

Arky
03-23-2012, 06:49 AM
Hey Chunky, welcome to the forum!
(I'm late with that, I know...)
Cheers metalhead brother, haha.

WhiteRoomJohn
03-23-2012, 06:45 PM
Thought I'd tip-toe into the introducing post! My name's John and I like cheese/whisky.

Real name? John James Harper
Age? 18
How long have you been playing? 3 year (with a pretty big break at some point)
Origin of user name? Favourite Cream song
Your top 5 drummers? (No order) John Bonham, Ginger Baker, Keith Moon, Ben Johnston, Bernard Purdie
Make of drumkit? Tama Superstar Hyperdrive in Hariline Metallic Black
Make of cymbal? Zildjian ZXT, but not for long
Where do you practice? Pub in my hometown
Are you in a band? The Episode (Facebook The Episode (North East)
Do you play covers or originals? Originals
What style of music? Heavy rock, soft rock and everything in between
Favourite take out food? Kebab
What country do you live in? The (not so) United Kingdom
One really odd fact about yourself? I treat my rabbit like I would a baby
How did you start drumming? Interest of music in general, found myself sat behind the tubs

http://s15.postimage.org/82869ond3/jharperdrums.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/82869ond3/)

poilsemar
03-24-2012, 12:45 AM
Hey drummers, I'm a french professionnal drummer, dedicated to the drums for life and thirsty to share, learn, practice and obviously play music
All the best

runnerdrummer
03-24-2012, 06:00 AM
Hello all!
how long have I been playing: 11 years, for the most part
origin of username: it's my name!
top 5 favorite drummers: Rich, Bonham, Bernard Purdie, Joe Morello, Art Blakey
Make of drumkit: Ludwig amber vistalite
Make of cymbal: Zildjian A's
Where do I practice: Home and school
Am I in a band: No but hopefully very soon will be
Do I play covers or originals: Both
Fave takeout food: Wat-a-burger, local treat
How did I start drumming: My mom bought me an old, very cheap snare drum at a yard sale when I was 11 years old. I can't even remember the make, but a few months after I started getting lessons and the rest is history.

I'm 22. I haven't seriously played drums since my junior year of high school but I really want to get back into it all the way like i had been. In high school I was known as spencer, drummer. i miss those days. I always forgot how I felt with a pair of sticks in my hands, I just love that feeling. and I forgot how that felt! So for me personally, playing drums is like coming back home to what I'm good at, I missed it and forgot how I much I loved it! So I'm looking forward to learning from everyone here on this forum and just getting back to the thing I do the best.

Henchworm
03-27-2012, 12:26 AM
Hello, just joined Drummerworld per recommendation of some instructors. Here is a quick bit of information about me:
Name: Chris
Time playing: 5 years
Origin of name: Favorite make of cymbals.
Top 5 drummers: Max Roach, Ari Hoenig, Frankie Dunlop, John Hollenbeck, and Mel Lewis.
Drumkit: Ludwig/Gretsch
Cymbals: Istanbul Agop rides(SE Jazz and Epoch), Agop Sig Hats, assorted Zildjian crashes, and Sabian AA Dry Ride.
Practicing: At home and school, usually 1.5-2hrs per day.
Bands: In school ensembles and a pop/jazz/John Mayer type band.
Covers or originals: Covers, standards and some of my bad arrangements.
Favorite take out: Panda Express

davemacleod
03-27-2012, 02:13 AM
Hey folks - it's high time I joined this forum :)

Name: Dave MacLeod
Time playing: 15 years
Top 5 drummers: Colaiuta, Todd Sucherman, Chris Coleman, Teddy Campbell, Dave DiCenso
Drumkit: Mapex Meridian Birch, Black Panther "Vavona Burl"
Cymbals: all Turkish, except Meinl hats
Practicing: every day, sometimes brief, sometimes hours
Bands: many over the years, currently church band
Covers or originals: both
Favorite take out: McDonalds
Odd fact: I used to own the most beautiful DW kit in the world, and I sold it!

klakkband
03-29-2012, 01:16 AM
Hi, my name is Daniel,i'm a 31 years old hobby-drummer.I'm a Hungarian guy,but i've been living in the UK for 7 years.I started to play drums when i was child, about 12 years old, When i moved to the UK i decided to finish the drumming,couse that was too loud:)I started to practice on guitar.
About 2 years before i bought an electric drumkit becouse i really missed that feeling:))
Now i have 2 bands,and i made some videos from my favorite bands,songs.I would like to know what do you think about them,and i wllcome any suggestions:)
I would like to develop my skills,techniques, and i also would like to practice English,and maybe find some new friends:)))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOLj03IJwNo&feature=plcp&context=C47c7c35VDvjVQa1PpcFO7aTxDfHgBDvDQyX1FimbF YllZA4TpuoQ%3D

That is my chanel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Daniel19800616/videos

And here is my band's song, our name is "KLAKK"
The name is "Get Up"(Recorded at home in the garage,with Roland td4 and EZDrummer)

http://soundcloud.com/daniel-csokmei/get-up-song

I play on Yamaha stage custom,with evans ec2 heads.
Evans Emad on the bassdrum.
Paiste alpha 14 hats,and iron cobra pedal...
The other cymbals are not really good stuffs,sabian b8pro,but i would like to change them...

Thank you for reading, and watching:)))

Daniel Csokmei

keep it simple
03-29-2012, 01:26 AM
Welcome Dan! Lots of great guys here :) I like your groove vibe = nice. Stick around & join in the discussions. Great to have you here :)

Ian Williams
03-29-2012, 02:21 AM
Hi Dan!
Welcome to the brotherhood and enjoy this amazing forum. There are few Magyars on the site!
Cheers...

Big_Al47
03-29-2012, 07:02 PM
Welcome aboard

klakkband
03-29-2012, 11:15 PM
Welcome Dan! Lots of great guys here :) I like your groove vibe = nice. Stick around & join in the discussions. Great to have you here :)

Thank you, yes i think i 'll come often in here:))This site is really big, and i can't wait to discover it.
Best wishes: Cheers Dan

klakkband
03-29-2012, 11:43 PM
Cheers Man:)

I checked out your videos,and i liked them.
Keep doing your job.

K.Howden
03-30-2012, 12:04 AM
Fantastic groove my friend! I've subscribed to your channel

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you're gonna have a lot of fun here and learn a lot of stuff, I sure did and still do. Where did you study in the U.K.?

Hope you're well,

Kev

maybelooking
03-30-2012, 08:33 PM
welcome aboard!!!! you will love it here. Great forums.

Spesman
03-31-2012, 01:30 AM
Hi guys, thought it was time to stop lurking and sign in.

Name: Spesman
Time playing: 35 years
Origin of name: Old School Nickname
Top 5 drummers: Stewart Copeland, Nicko McBrain, Mike "Puffy" Bourdin, Vinnie Paul & Dave Grohl.
Drumkit: Tama Rockstar 10", 12", 14", 22" & 14x5
Cymbals: Paiste 802's 14", 2x16", 18", 20" & Wuhan 18" China
Practicing: Whenever I can.
Bands: Many. Mostly rock and metal.
Covers or originals: Both.

Fishbone Stretch
04-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Hi everyone...just to use a little etiquette before I go posting elsewhere, allow me to introduce myself...

I am Fishbone Stretch, you can call me me either/or....or the whole handle.

I recently got back into drumming after a 20 year abstinence and wish I'd never stopped. Currently playing in a band in Thame, Oxfordshire doing small pub gigs for the time being until we get a name for ourselves and then we'll move on to bigger and better things.

Have electronic kit which is great for the smaller venues but also have the same acoustic kit which I owned 20 years ago and have been refurbishing with new skins, cymbals and extra cymbals and bits.....

I host and contribute to too many other forums to count but hope I can make a worthwhile contribution here although my posts may be fairly infrequent.

I'm learning all the time but hope I can count on you all for a little help and advice.

Fishbone Stretch

harryconway
04-02-2012, 05:26 AM
Well welcome to Drummerworld. And now, down to business. Pictures. We love eye candy. Show us your tubs. And pads, as the case seems to be.

bobdadruma
04-02-2012, 05:37 AM
Welcome indeed friend. Always a pleasure meeting new members.
Geez Harry, Whats with the avatar? :)

harryconway
04-02-2012, 06:12 AM
Geez Harry, Whats with the avatar? :) Turning a page, amigo. I ain't in a wheelchair, no more.

bobdadruma
04-02-2012, 06:15 AM
Turning a page, amigo. I ain't in a wheelchair, no more.That's great news Bro.

WTFimBANDAID
04-02-2012, 07:13 AM
Hey....The name's Bandaid, yea people actually call me that, or B.A lol....I've been lurking around this site for a WHILE so i figured I might as well join...

I'm 24 from Philly and have been wanting to play drums since i was 6 but was forced to play piano for 7 years lol...Then i picked up a guitar (4 years)...Now I have my place and and Gretsch Catalina fusion kit I bought off CL and I honestly don't care if I ever pick up another instrument again in my life lol....Ive been playing for 2 months, I only know one song lol (Sober by Tool) and I jam a lot with friends...I hope i can afford to take a lesson or two one day....Until then this site is as close as it gets.....Would be cool to jam with a few of you guys n gals lol....Ok Im done babbling ...^_^

MaryO
04-02-2012, 02:34 PM
Welcome to the addiction! :). Please post pics of your kit if you can...we love seeing what everyone's got.

klakkband
04-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Fantastic groove my friend! I've subscribed to your channel

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you're gonna have a lot of fun here and learn a lot of stuff, I sure did and still do. Where did you study in the U.K.?

Hope you're well,

Kev

Hi Kev,thank you for your subscribe:)))
I live in Horsham(next to Brighton),but i did not really study anywhere...I just play what i heard on the cd:)
My plan is that i want to enroll in a school soon,maybe an internet course...
Where did u study?I have no idea, where can i find a good teacher.

Cheers:Dan

danielp
04-03-2012, 11:34 AM
Hello,
I just joined Drummerworld.

Name: Daniel Prait
Time playing: 5 years
Top drummers: Gergő Borlai, Jojo Mayer, Aaron Spears, Emmanuelle Caplette, and many other.
Drumkit: Tama Superstar Custom Hyper drive (MNS) 10×6,5", 16×14", 22×20" & 12×6,5 Custom Snare by Gustavito Drums
Cymbals: Sabian HH 13" Bright hat, Sabian AA 17" Thin Crash, Sabian HH 18" Thin Crash, Sabian AA 8" China Splash, Sabian HH 20" Rock Ride, Sabian AAX 22" Omni Ride, Sabian HH 16" China.
Bands: Ynnum (progressive rock, http://www.facebook.com/Ynnum)
Covers or originals: Originals

hampis
04-03-2012, 08:07 PM
Well after some time of checking the best forum for drummers i decided to introduce myself.I have no idea why i hesitated so long...

Name :Hampis
Years of drumming : 5 but with a 20 year break between them
Bands i have joined : 5 ( 3 when i was 16 and 2 after the 20 year break)
Accoustic drums : Gretsch catalina club rock in wp 24-10-13-16-18 plus a custom made 8' tom by diamondelectronicdrums ( this is accoustic though..)
E-drums : On it's way Diamond Electronic drums with 2box module
Cymbals : Paiste ( formula 602,signature,2002) Masterwork ( various series mainly Perra)
Kind of music i like and play : Classic Rock
Things you are addicted to : Blonde girls :-)

ok that's it for now...

Alex_NJT
04-04-2012, 01:07 AM
Hello everyone!

Real name? Alessandro (even if I prefer to be called Alex)
Age? 21
Origin of user name? Well, Alex is pretty obvious, NJT means New Jersey Transit (I'm also a railfan)
Your top 5 drummers? John Ferraro, Alan Dawson, Joe Morello, Buddy Rich... and John Ferraro again :)
Make of drumkit? I have a Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz (Satin Natural Finish), I also have my first drumset ever, a Sonor Force 507 but I'm going to sell it soon.
Make of cymbal? Zildjian, Paiste and Soultone.
Are you in a band? Not yet
What style of music? Soul, Blues, Classic Rock and other similar quiet genres
How did you start drumming? Watching to Pink Floyd's gig in London, I was impressed by the drumsets of Nick Mason and Gary Wallis (of course now I prefer to have a smaller set with a good sound rather than a low-level bigger set)

EricF
04-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Hello, drummers. I'm primarily a bass player exploring some unfamiliar territory in the land where people beat things with sticks. I also play guitar and do some home recording.

About a month ago, I started looking for a cheap-@$$ kit for my garage studio for my 7-year-old daughter and me to bang around on. For $200, I picked up a bottom-of-the-barrel PDP kit with Sabian B8s off Craigslist. I know it's a POS, and it sounds pretty bad, but it will get us started. For me, it's mostly to expand my musical experience, and improve my recording and mixing skills. For my daughter, it's turning out to be something that she is taking to quite well. She's very excited to play and practice, and she is picking up new techniques very quickly.

Knowing my tendancies with buying gear, I expect that our cheap kit will not be around for long before it gets upgraded. If my daughter continues to show interest and a willingness to keep improving, I have no problem using that as an excuse to buy a better kit.

Additionally, my own struggles to play simple patterns and fills have given me a new appreciation for the (quite remarkable) skill level of the drummer in my current band.

My garage studio...
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb262/efraer/Studio/DSC_0029.jpg

Maddie rocking along with some Social D...
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb262/efraer/Mobile/2012-04-01_13-20-56_62.jpg

Cheers!

Big_Al47
04-05-2012, 09:09 PM
Welcome aboard

Noah Ice
04-06-2012, 12:49 AM
Real name? Noah Ice

Age? Seventeen

How long have you been playing? A little over seven; I got my first kit for Christmas in 05'. T'was a five piece Pulse kit with stock cymbals.

Origin of user name? Well there was this one time where I was born, and then my parents named me. Pretty cool story.

Your top 5 drummers? In no particular order, Benny Greb, JoJo Mayer, Mike Johnston, Chris Coleman, Darren King.

Make of drumkit? I currently play a vintage Rogers kit, but just got endorsed by C&C Drum Company so I plan to order a kit from them eventually.

- 68' Rogers Hoilday Londoner V in Blue Onyx. 20"x14" Kick, 16"x16" Floor, 12"x8" Tom
- 65' Ludwig Acrolite Snare 14"x5"
- Pork Pie Little Squealer Vented Snare 13"x7"
- Custom Homebuilt Stave Snare 13"x6.75"

Make of cymbal?

- Meinl 14" Byzance Extra Dry Medium Hats
- Meinl 20" Byzance Extra Dry Thin Crash
- Meinl 20" Byzance Traditional Extra Thin Hammered Crash
- Meinl 22" Byzance Vintage Sand Ride

Where do you practice? I have a room downstairs dedicated to doing music stuff, I keep my kit in there. Though I practice for stuff with others up at my church sometimes.

Are you in a band? Many projects at the moment that cover a wide variety of genres. Jazz Fusion, Christian Rock, Hardcore/Punk. My main band as of now is "Go Forth", which plays Christian camps/conferences.

Do you play covers or originals? "Go Forth" plays both original and covers. My jazz fusion trio very rarely plays covers, usually the form is very loose. This is my "fun experimental" band. The hardcore/punk band also rarely plays covers.

What style of music? Well, I don't limit myself to the genres of my bands. I'll play anything, really.

Favourite take out food? I'll get Panda Express any day. Orange chicken. Goodness, you made me crave it. Thanks a lot. No really, thank you. This is going to be delicious. I also enjoy Chipotle and Chic-Fil-A. Yum. Food.

What country do you live in? I live in the burbs of Chicago Illinois, USA.

One really odd fact about yourself? I enjoy golfing and have done that for longer than I've played drums. However, upon discovering drums, golf became more of a hobby. I try to get out enough to keep it in the 70's, but winter here makes that hard. I also have double jointed thumbs, an obsession with buying drum gear, and a chocolate labrador that I take for runs while out longboarding. Oh, and I'm a woodworker too! I made my longboards, and more recently a custom built snare. My dad owns a door company (Story Door Studio) so I get learned from him. I plan to build a full kit sometime later this year too, or at least the shells for one. Hardware is expensive.

How did you start drumming? I have no recollection of begging for a kit from my rents, but my parents said I begged for a couple years. They supported me and got me my first kit, which I did all sorts of things to to make it not look like a beginner kit until eventually selling it to help pay for my 16th birthday present, which is my Rogers kit. Luckily, I kept the 13" Tom, which is now part of a light fixture in my music room.

Glad to be here! Thanks!

Noah Ice

EricF
04-06-2012, 07:36 PM
Real name? Eric F

Age? 43

How long have you been playing? About 1 month

Origin of user name? Hmmm...It just kinda came to me.

Your top 5 drummers? Jason McGerr, Dave Grohl, Zigaboo Modeliste, JoJo Mayer, Stewart Copeland

Make of drumkit? PDP plastic buckets

Make of cymbal? Sabian trash can lids

Where do you practice? Garage recording studio

Are you in a band? Yes (as a bass player)

Do you play covers or originals? Both

What style of music? Rock, blues, country

Favourite take out food? Mexican...or sushi...or pizza...

One really odd fact about yourself? I raced bicycles until 2004 and won a State Champinship title.

How did you start drumming? My 7-year-old daughter would sit on the floor with pillows around her and pretend to play along with the music she was listening to. Pretty quickly, I realized that she might take to the real thing pretty well. For her, a real kit and learning some proper techniques has been the greatest thing ever, and I hope she sticks with it. For me, it's about expanding my experiences and skills as a musician.

adesonic
04-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Hi, i am Adrian, 50 years old, playing since i was 14 (Learnt the piano before that). I used to play real loud and hard and had a spiky haircut the combination of the noise and the hair got me a sonic the hedgehog nick which stuck even though my playing is now much more subtle and I have much less hair!

I love the playing of omar hakim, Taylor Hawkins, dave grohl, Jon bonham and Chester thompson.

I play a 1990's 6 piece yamaha maple custom drumkit with a pearl custom alloy brass snare with zildjan custom a cymbals and paiste sound edge hats. I also play on a Roland td20 electronic kit mostly for practise

I practise at home on my electronic kit and in rooms with my band on my acoustic kit.

I am in 2 bands, one pop/ wedding music, one indie rock, mostly covers some original tunes

Oh, I love curry, I live in England and I started playing on biscuit tins with wooden spoons!

keep it simple
04-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Hi, i am Adrian, 50 years old, playing since i was 14 (Learnt the piano before that). I used to play real loud and hard and had a spiky haircut the combination of the noise and the hair got me a sonic the hedgehog nick which stuck even though my playing is now much more subtle and I have much less hair!

I love the playing of omar hakim, Taylor Hawkins, dave grohl, Jon bonham and Chester thompson.

I play a 1990's 6 piece yamaha maple custom drumkit with a pearl custom alloy brass snare with zildjan custom a cymbals and paiste sound edge hats. I also play on a Roland td20 electronic kit mostly for practise

I practise at home on my electronic kit and in rooms with my band on my acoustic kit.

I am in 2 bands, one pop/ wedding music, one indie rock, mostly covers some original tunes

Oh, I love curry, I live in England and I started playing on biscuit tins with wooden spoons!Good intro, & a big welcome to the forum :) Where abouts in England are you based?

adesonic
04-07-2012, 10:14 PM
I am in Manchester, wet and wetter Manchester!

gonzo000
04-08-2012, 05:36 PM
hello my name is tom im from boston area.im 46 and play in a blacksabbath tribute band.We are called ELECTRIC FUNERAL....soon to have some promo material to show.been playing since seven.got a ludwig standard kit 1970 bronze strata finish. love music!!! drums.

ageadm
04-09-2012, 10:24 PM
Real name?
Benjamin

Age?

How long have you been playing?
about to start...

Origin of user name?
Dunno lol

Your top 5 drummers?

Joey Jordison
Dave Grohl

Make of drumkit?
Don't have one yet

Make of cymbal?

Where do you practice?
I don't!

Are you in a band?
No

Do you play covers or originals?
None of both.

What style of music?
Thrash metal, Nu Metal, Metalcore, deathcore, alternative rock.

Favourite take out food?
Pizza

What country do you live in?
Serbia

I'm always late

How did you start drumming?
I'm about to start because a friend of mine inspired me to do so.

paistemage
04-10-2012, 12:48 AM
14x7 black panther...

Nice Gear!

Dave Lombardo, Nicko McBrain, Pete Sandoval, and "Frost" are some of my favorite metal drummers.

As far as this "djent" style, maybe I stopped figuring on labels, or paying attention since , "THe Bleeding," but what characterizes it?

Bands to give me a good example?

Nice to meet you, I want your Dave Weckl Splashes!

Big_Al47
04-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Welcome aboard

Mike7300
04-11-2012, 06:47 AM
Hi all,

Ive posted a bit to get some information about drums, but i have not formally introduced myself.

I'm 27 from Boston and have been interested in learning how to play drums for years. I have played guitar for about 13 years, and have just started drum lessons once a week. Bought a Sonor 3007 kit recently, Pearl 900 series hardware, and Zildjian Avedis cymbal. Looking to get back into a band playing guitar, while learning drums on the side. I play mostly country, and some 90s rock.

zarrdoss
04-11-2012, 06:57 AM
Welcome!.........................

drum4the1
04-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Real name?-Micah Kengle

Age?-37

How long have you been playing?-20+ years

Origin of user name?-DRUM4THE1...Drumming For Jesus Christ!!!!!!!!!

Your top 5 drummers?-Robert Sweet, Matt Greiner, Mike Portnoy, Ted Kirkpatrick, Ginger Baker

Make of drum kit?-Pearl Export and Gretsch Catalina Club

Make of cymbals?-Istanbul Mehmet

Where do you practice?-Wherever I can

Are you in a band?-Not currently

Do you play covers or originals?-Both but I feel more comfortable with originals

What style of music?-It used to be anything but country. Now I try not to limit my scope of playing.

Favorite take out food?-Carl's Jr.

What country do you live in?-The US of A

One really odd fact about yourself?-I sometimes start watching zit popping vids on Youtube and can't stop...

How did you start drumming?-I was in a church one Sunday and the guitar player approached my and said he needed a drummer. I had absolutely no idea what to do. He sat me down and said, "count to four...kick is on 1 and 3, snare is on 2 and 4. Hi hat is every count." That was 20+ years ago and I'm still learning.

IvAlAx
04-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Real name?-Maurizio Giudici

Age?-38

How long have you been playing?- Lot of time

Origin of user name?- Mix of my son's name

Your top 5 drummers?-Dave Weckl, Virgil Donati, Simon Phillips, Jeff Porcaro,and many others !!

Make of drum kit?-Old Ludwig Kit

Make of cymbals?-sabian, paiste

Where do you practice?- Garage

Are you in a band?-Not currently

Do you play covers or originals?-

What style of music?- I like open my mind to a lot of kind of music

What country do you live in?-Switzerland

How did you start drumming?-I ever love music, especially drums.

harryconway
04-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Indeed, welcome to Drummerworld. Now, down to the business "at hand". Pictures of your drum kit! We like eye candy.

MaryO
04-11-2012, 02:53 PM
Welcome to the madness :)

Big_Al47
04-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Welcome aboard

Flareless
04-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Real name? Rich Sherkin
Age? 47
How long have you been playing? Since I was 12 but very rarely between 18 and 46. Got back into it seriously about a year ago.
Origin of user name? Forgot to flare my parachute as I landed when learning to skydive. Lucky I can still play my bass drums
Your top 5 drummers? Neil Peart, Bill Bruford, Alan White, (old) Phil Collins, Martin Deller
Make of drumkit? Gretsch Renown
Make of cymbal? Zildjian
Where do you practice? Basement / home studio
Are you in a band? No but work with artists to put tracks together
Do you play covers or originals? Mostly covers
What style of music? Classic Rock, Progressive Rock (old-school progressive)
Favourite take out food? Dante's Pizza
What country do you live in? Canada
One really odd fact about yourself? Once travelled 217 MPH without a vehicle
How did you start drumming? I watched a lot of Partridge Family as a kid and thought Keith was an a-hole. To me the little s#@%-disturber behind the drums was the cool one.

deafdrummer
04-12-2012, 09:06 PM
Hello!

Last night, I sort of "came to" in terms of a direction in music. I ought to introduce myself, I guess. I'm a profoundly, prelingually deaf lady in Houston, Texas, and I have played drums off and on since 1977, and I played bass guitar for a small number of those years. I have played in school bands (marching, concert, symphonic, jazz band, percussion ensembles, solos, even choir for my senior year in high school). I played for America's Youth in Concert in 1983 and United State Collegiate Wind Band in 1984 (in case you're looking for me). A rock band playing covers and writing/playing originals was my last gig a few years ago. Since that went down in flames on stage, I have floated on my own, trying to find my direction, as I didn't like what I saw.

I went off on a trip to visit family last fall, and it was right at the time that the Bastrop Complex fires started near Austin, Texas, and I had friends who lost their homes, their animals, everything... And it was so hot outside that I nearly fell sick during a volunteer outing. I had a lot of thinking to do about my life, with no sense of direction on music at that time, my friends' tragedies, and the direction that my life was going in financial research. Visiting family in a much cooler place helped me to decide to pull back from underground financial research, pull back from playing drums for a while and see where the chips fall. I also realized that I needed a change in my life, which I'm still figuring out.

But last night, I realized that I needed get back on the drum set in a new direction. I can't stop playing. I did that last time, for 17 years, and it just about destroyed me. This morning, I woke up feeling refreshed, feeling like I have a renewed purpose in life. I just played drums for a bit today. It's the first time in a long time that I've felt like I'm playing with a purpose.

I guess I ought to explain my background a little more. As I was classically trained, I felt like I needed to get away from what was thought to be "the right way to play music." Like you have to play cross handed on a drum set, you are not a musician if you're playing double pedals, rock 'n roll is about worshipping satan, or it's not music, just noise. WHATEVER. I feel like people have forgotten or never understood in the first place that music is to be enjoyed for what it is. I had to break out of that by starting with correcting some bad hand grip problems in my right hand, and then learning to play open-handed so that I can lead with either hand. And then I learned double pedal so that I can lead with either foot and either hand at any time. And then, instead of joining a Jazz band or symphony, I joined a rock band down here (even moved here for it!) and got my feet wet in it. Afterwards, I felt lost, because I ran into rock music screaming away from establishment music because I felt caged up in a formal music setting. One note off, and you've ruined it for the night. Rock still wasn't right for me, even though it's fun to play. I feel like I need even more freedom than that. It'll be a while before I get a good feel for what I want to do, but I'll say that I want to go off into left field, a place that is littered with didgeridoos. I want to see about building at least for myself a "drums & didge" band, and if someone wants to layer extra parts on top of the drone that forms the basis of this music, they're welcome to do so, but isn't required.

I have to think about what my performance environment looks like, where I perform, WHAT I'm performing, and so on.

Let's see if this direction pans out.

AndyMC
04-12-2012, 11:50 PM
I wholeheartedly agree to get back in drumming, any serious time off is always a regret later. Doing a didgeridoo band sounds awesome, and music is whatever is inside of you, there are standards but there aren't any rules set in stone. I'm also curious of your perspective of playing as a deaf musician, I would imagine you have some wonderful insights.

paistemage
04-13-2012, 12:52 AM
I also am curious as how you get along on the drums with your disability.

I can imagine being partially or completely deaf would definately be a struggle at points.

The fact are back playing again, is great. Hopefully you continue.

You could use a computer and loop someone playing dig, or find a dedicated player.

You could theoretically be your own band with samples, MIDI and whatever for a while UNTIL you find other players....

Just a thought.

I went for almost a year of not playing before I started having problems with depression due to not playing, and the anxiety of never palying again. The first tent imes, maybe, I thought about how much REWORK was needing to be "back in shape"

Get past that, and you'll be right as rain.

Your an inspiration , being a drummer, and deaf. Hats off to you.

Anthony Amodeo
04-13-2012, 01:50 AM
some of my closest friends are deaf and they all love playing drums.....they love feeling the beat

if you have not already heard of Aneta Brodski ......look her up...she is a close friend of mine

she is touring the country in support of her new movie Deaf Jam where she performs and urban type street poetry ...its awesome ...you should check it out

here is a trailer
http://vimeo.com/28547215

pchanning
04-13-2012, 06:24 PM
Hey folks,

I have read this forum pretty much every day for about 5 years and figured it's probably about time I contributed :)

I have been a busy gigging drummer over the last 4 years doing between 60-70 gigs a year and in 2 bands; British Indy and a 80's hair-metal tribute band \m/ lol

I dropped the Indy band as it was to much and started a 90's Grunge tribute band. I'm now on a more more manageable 30ish gigs a year.

One of the perks of being a busy gigging drummer have been the opportunity to re-invest and improve the gear - 2/3rds of gig money on gear... the rest on beer :)

WARNING - drum porn follows...

For the Grunge band - Yamaha Oak Customs with Sabian HHX Evoluation Cymbals:

This kit has wood hoops now... and slightly less cowbell ;)

pchanning
04-13-2012, 06:32 PM
For the 80's hair metal tribute band: original 70's Ludwig Vistalite - fully restored - with Paiste 2002's (mainly).

pchanning
04-13-2012, 06:35 PM
home / rehearsal kit - complete with outboard gear to plug all band members into - headphone monitoring for all too which helps:

deafdrummer
04-13-2012, 06:58 PM
Thanks, everyone.

What I plan to do is add the didgeridoo as another instrument to play for myself. I want to create the drum track myself, and then play the didge over that.

I've not heard of Aneta Brodski. I will look her up quickly. Thanks!

I've always learned a song with sheet music, and then everyone else plays to me. As for didgeridoo music, there is no way I'm going to try to imitate someone on a song. Everyone has their own song.

Big_Al47
04-13-2012, 09:55 PM
Welcome aboard

Big_Al47
04-13-2012, 09:59 PM
Cool pics. Thanks for sharing

harryconway
04-13-2012, 10:03 PM
Thanks for "surfacing" and posting eye candy. Good stuff.

Alain Rieder
04-13-2012, 10:37 PM
One of the most famous percussionist in the world is deaf, and she's great too!
Her name is Evelyn Glennie.
In this soaring demonstration, deaf percussionist Evelyn Glennie illustrates how listening to music involves much more than simply letting sound waves hit your eardrums.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU3V6zNER4g

And here you can see it with subtitles
http://www.ted.com/talks/evelyn_glennie_shows_how_to_listen.html

paistemage
04-13-2012, 10:54 PM
I'm going to check out that movie.

I knew there was a deaf DJ at some point, the vibrations in that made it easy for him.

AndyMC
04-14-2012, 03:02 PM
Are you sure you're not thinking of its all gone Pete Tong? That's a movie about a deaf DJ. But its fictional.

swagganator
04-15-2012, 06:36 AM
Real name? Connor Auvil
Age? 17
How long have you been playing? Since about age 9
Origin of user name? My friends called me Terminator for a while and it kind of changed into The Swagganator
Your top 5 drummers? Jukka Nevalainen, Tim Zuidberg, Carter Beauford, Travis Barker, Tré Cool
Make of drumkit? Pearl Export
Make of cymbal? Meinl
Where do you practice? Basement / Bedroom
Are you in a band? I'm a member of the Community Orchestra, but not a band (yet)
Do you play covers or originals? Mostly covers with my own style infused
What style of music? Punk Rock, Symphonic Metal, Metal
Favourite take out food? Lil' Caesar's $5 Pizza
Where do you live? Georgia, U.S.A.
One really odd fact about yourself? I never pull in forward in a parking spot
How did you start drumming? My cousin had a set and she got me hooked

Sevas
04-15-2012, 10:56 AM
Real name- Ryan
Age- 24
How long have you been playing- 14 years
Origin of user name- acronym for the band i am in
Your top 5 drummers- no order Gavin Harrison,Thomas Pridgen,Tim Alexander,Danny Carey,Max Roach
Make of drumkit- ddrum Dios M 5 piece
Make of cymbal Paiste pst 5 hats, ride, and crash, zildjian trashformer 10 inch. evolving with funds
Where do you practice- home
Are you in a band-more like a project
Do you play covers or originals- originals
What style of music- Prog, avant-garde,
Favourite take out food- jimmy johns
What country do you live in- Montana United States
One really odd fact about yourself- Can dislocate my left shoulder
How did you start drumming- elementary school on the snare

redrzewski
04-16-2012, 06:56 AM
Real name- Brian
Age- 39
How long have you been playing- on and off over the last couple years
Origin of user name- rzewski is a composer I enjoy
Your top 5 drummers- elvin, tony, roach
Make of drumkit- mapex pro M snare, pulse junior kit for the rest :)
Make of cymbal- paiste 101 hats, sabien xs20 med ride
Where do you practice- home
What style of music- jazz
What country do you live in- WA USA

How did you start drumming- You'll laugh. I bought wifey Rockband for xbox a few years back. I played plastic drums with her for a couple days, and enjoyed it. But the plastic drums and play-along by flashing lights weren't my thing, so I quit her "band" and gradually picked up a real set.

One really odd fact about yourself- I come from a classical background. I have a bach. music in oboe. I've played lots of classical guitar in school, too. On the outside, I got tired of trying to find decent people to play with, so I went back to classical piano since that works well solo. That's still my main instrument. But I really enjoy drumming, too.

nimrod.
04-17-2012, 01:04 AM
Hello from Pennsylvania!

Real name? Zach O'Neill
Age? 14
How long have you been playing? I've had a kit for about a year but just started taking formal lessons last month.
Origin of user name? My favorite Green Day album :)
Your top 5 drummers? (Not in any order) Tré Cool, Dave Grohl, Jared Champion, Neal Peart, Chad Smith.
Make of drumkit? Tama Imperialstar
Make of cymbal? Meinl HCS 16" crash, 14" hats, 12"splash, and 20" ride.
Where do you practice? Basement
Are you in a band? Not yet, wanting to start one soon.
Do you play covers or originals? Covers for now.
What style of music? Alternative rock, punk rock, pop punk. Stuff like that :P
Favourite take out food? Bourbon Chicken
One really odd fact about yourself? Umm...I have double jointed thumbs?
How did you start drumming? A few years ago my parents got me the video game RockBand for Christmas and I got hooked on playing the drums. From there I upgraded to a real kit.

larryz
04-17-2012, 09:18 PM
You've been hiding these for 5 years? I'm impressed. Thanks for sharing. Not much of those earnings being put in a bank, huh? It's tempting I know. Nice vistalites too. Clear is the best of the colors in my opinion.

wheaton26
04-18-2012, 02:03 AM
hello dw, i just wanted to say a quick hello and introduce myself to the board. originally from canada, i'm an amateur drummer that now resides in the bahamas. i've been playing for about fifteen years and tend to play mostly rock cover music. i'm a member of a few other forums (non drumming) and look forward to getting to know the place. see below a stock picture of my pearl forum kit minus the goodies added over the years. all the best.

http://cachepe.zzounds.com/media/quality,85/p9251h-104490db7038ccb8c32760e05e59f403.jpg

maxhammerstrike
04-18-2012, 05:01 AM
Hello everyone,
My name is Maxhammerstrike . I'm 53, been playin' for a very long time. I am currently on a set of classic Rodgers power set with Paiste cymbals. I am in a rock band focused on the best of the hard rockin 70's. no pop, no disco, no country........ I have learned so much from this forum and want to thank you all. Hope to contribute in the future !!
Rock On,
Stay Frosty

Ian Williams
04-18-2012, 05:07 AM
Hello!

I trust you are doing well. I like your thread title "Peace", what kind of Paiste series do you play?

Cheers...

harryconway
04-18-2012, 05:21 AM
I am currently on a set of classic Rodgers power set with Paiste cymbals. Welcome to Drummerworld. And now .... come back here. Don't be telling us you play a classic Rogers kit, and then leave the room. Ya gotta post pictures of that kit, so we can enjoy the eye candy.

maxhammerstrike
04-18-2012, 03:16 PM
Hey Guys,
Its a Rodgers XP8 kit from 1983, probably not a classic. It is built like a tank and sounds like thunder. It has the extended shells 12x12,13x13,16x16 and a 18x22 bass. It has played a lot of gigs and is a little rough around the edges but I love the sound I get out of it.
I will put up some shots of it. I am running Paiste Alpha's 14,16,17,18 thin crashes and a zildgen sweet ride and old zildgen hats, The Alphas really surprised me and didn't break the bank.

Max

harryconway
04-18-2012, 05:17 PM
My late 70's XP8 kit, so I know exactly what you have. Classic enough, in my book. The first "all maple" shell. Set the stage for everyone else.

larryz
04-18-2012, 05:27 PM
For a second a thought this was a discussion of the Peace brand of drums.

Yeah, Rogers photos would be nice. Come on... :)

Ian Williams
04-18-2012, 05:39 PM
Really! Come on! Give a shot on those Peace Drums...

larryz
04-18-2012, 06:11 PM
Now this is one instance where we'd rather see photos of the beach and ocean INSTEAD of your drum kit :)

Welcome.

bryanmurr
04-18-2012, 06:53 PM
How about a pic of his drums on the beach.

Welcome to the form

maxhammerstrike
04-18-2012, 07:51 PM
Rodgers XP8's , with Pork Pie snare

martin84
04-19-2012, 02:11 PM
Hey everyone, this is Martino, i'm 27 and I come from Italy, and I've been playing drums since i was 9, even if it's a lifetime passion that began when I was 2.
very glad to have joined this amazing forum!

cheers

KijeraDrums
04-19-2012, 02:40 PM
Real name? Elias Kijera Simpson
Age? 18
How long have you been playing? Around 7 years?
Origin of user name? My middle name, with drums in it :P
Your top 5 drummers? Travis Barker, Matt Greiner, Abe Cunningham, John Bonham, Justin Foley
Make of drumkit? Sonor 3007
Make of cymbal? Stagg Myra 17", Paiste Alpha Medium 18", Paiste 2000 Power Ride 20" Paiste Alpha 14" Hi Hats, Stagg DH 18" China, Stagg DH 12" China
Where do you practice? college and at home
Are you in a band? Yes www.facebook.com/TemerusOfficial
What style of music? Metalcore, progressive, metal
Favourite take out food? Burgers!!
One really odd fact about yourself? Hmm, I start fills and double bass left footed on a righty kit?
How did you start drumming? When I was around 10 my music teacher saw I had good rhythm and told me to start getting lessons, I switched from guitar :)

SEEKER
04-19-2012, 06:16 PM
Real name? Thomas
Age? 24
How long have you been playing? 15 Years
Your top 5 drummers? Kim Plainfield, Jojo Mayer, Frank Katz, Bernard Purdie, Jeff Porcaro
Make of drumkit? Mapex Meridian Maple
Make of cymbal? Meinl, Sabian
Where do you practice? Berklee's practice facilities
What style of music? Funk, Fusion, R&B, DnB
How did you start drumming? Started playing in my elementary school band in 1997

Big_Al47
04-19-2012, 10:09 PM
Welcome aboard

Big_Al47
04-19-2012, 10:10 PM
Welcome aboard

Ian Williams
04-20-2012, 02:34 AM
Welcome to the brotherhood!

What about drumming on a sailing boat with hot ladies...

wheaton26
04-20-2012, 10:04 PM
thanks for the kind words guys. i'll work on a proper drum / beach / boat / chick picture. stay tuned. lol.

Sebaslegrand
04-21-2012, 12:08 PM
Heyyyy!

I'm new to this place, and I'm going to buy my new drum kit this weekend, switching from an old "TRAK" drum kit worth something like 100$ to a TAMA SUPERSTAR... While I'm here I need you guys to tell me if this is a good deal!

Here is the picture, if any of you can identify the model and make... I'd love you!
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/523687_10150767418912593_720352592_9356740_1372486 421_n.jpg

I'm getting all this for 600$ + another 500$ in cymbals (Hi-Hat, 17' Crash, 20' China, Ride) all Zildjian. Going to inquire on the exact models. I was told this kit was worth more than 3000$ fully equipped (with all the stands, and the kit itself, and the cymbals... etc) I'll take a picture when I get it!

So yeah... Also, wanted to know where I can get 2 extra toms for it, since it only comes with one! It comes with the 12' tom, and I'd need the same set toms, the 8' and the 10'.

________

Soooooooooo a little about me...

I'm a french canadian, I listen to technical progressive melodic death metal ! Haha yeah, complicated stuff. Probably gave you a headache too! :) My goal is to eventually be able to create and play this style. For now, I'm a newbie and started playing 2 months ago. Had a hard time with the money beat but after 2 months I'm now playing some bullet for my valentine, which isn't really bad I guess! Didn't take any classes or courses either.

I'm a self-teaching person, I'll rarely go and pay for teaching services, the internet is a vast learning place!

So yeah, I love hockey, and I follow the Detroit Red Wings since I was a little kid, even though I live in Montreal. My main interests are computers, hockey and drumming (+ music of so many genres, mainly progressive death).

Glad to meet you all and I hope I get a lot of information here from you all! I hope I can become something pretty good in the upcoming months/years ! :)

~ Sébastien

harryconway
04-21-2012, 08:53 PM
..... to a TAMA SUPERSTAR... While I'm here I need you guys to tell me if this is a good deal! OK, I'm kinda confused by you wording. Are you getting everything for $600 .... or are you paying $600 for the drums, and $500 for the cymbals? Superstars (new) run around $750. And if you pay sales tax up there, then that's more. So, good deal, maybe not. So so deal, perhaps. As far as the cymbals go, series (model) is extremely important. I'd venture to say, pass on the cymbals. A guy with a Superstar kit is probably not going to have Zildjian A, A Custom, or K cymbals. And if he does, he's gonna advertise that fact. So, if he's selling ZBT's, ZHT's, or ZXT's, I'd pass on the cymbals. Unless, of course, the whole package is $600, out the door. If that's the case, not a bad deal.

Here is the picture, if any of you can identify the model and make... I'd love you! You've already identified the make (Tama) and model (Superstar) yourself.

Ian Williams
04-21-2012, 11:18 PM
Salut...Ça va!

The master's name is Bernhard Castiglione and he runs the show...

JimmyTheMonkey
04-22-2012, 06:06 PM
I have been thoroughly enjoying this forum for the past few weeks, so I figure its finally time to introduce myself!

Real name? - Mark

Age? - 27

How long have you been playing? - around 8 months.

Origin of user name? - Jimmythemonkey has been my pseudonym since I was a child - it's a long and illogical story

Your top 5 drummers? - Dave Grohl, John Bonham, Taylor Hawkins, Stanton Moore, Brad Wilk

Make of drumkit? - Ludwig Centennial Moto kit with Ludwig Black Magic Snare; Roland TD-4KX2 with a couple of additions

Make of cymbal? - Zildjian 21" A Sweet Ride, 19" K Custom Hybrid Crash, 20" A Custom EFX Crash, and 15" Light K hi-hats.

Where do you practice? - Mostly at home. After the sun goes down I practice on my Roland kit to spare the neighbors.

Are you in a band? - Sort of, I play once in a while with some of my MBA classmates. We mostly play parodies for school posterity.

Do you play covers or originals? - Covers. I much prefer to mimic my favorite sounds than create new ones of my own. My brother is the creative one.

What style of music? - Mostly hard rock and classic rock, but I mess around in other genres from time to time.

Favourite take out food? - craft beer

What country do you live in? - Atlanta, GA, USA

One really odd fact about yourself? - I have lived in 27 different places in my 27 years.

How did you start drumming? - I played guitar for close to 15 years, once in a while dabbling on my brother's drum set. I got a Roland eDrum kit last fall and have never looked back at my now dust-gathering guitars. The stress relieving qualities of banging on drums are unparalleled.

Sebaslegrand
04-23-2012, 09:39 AM
OK, I'm kinda confused by you wording. Are you getting everything for $600 .... or are you paying $600 for the drums, and $500 for the cymbals? Superstars (new) run around $750. And if you pay sales tax up there, then that's more. So, good deal, maybe not. So so deal, perhaps. As far as the cymbals go, series (model) is extremely important. I'd venture to say, pass on the cymbals. A guy with a Superstar kit is probably not going to have Zildjian A, A Custom, or K cymbals. And if he does, he's gonna advertise that fact. So, if he's selling ZBT's, ZHT's, or ZXT's, I'd pass on the cymbals. Unless, of course, the whole package is $600, out the door. If that's the case, not a bad deal.

You've already identified the make (Tama) and model (Superstar) yourself.

I'm getting the drumkit for (2 floors, 1 bassdrum, 1 snare, 1 tom 12') for 600$
The cymbals (Hi-hat, Crash 17', Ride (don't know size yet), chinese 20') all Zildjian for 500$
All the cymbal stands and tom rack + other accessories : 280$

That's close to 1400 for the whole kit with cymbals and everything. The guy told me this kit can be worth an easy 3000 with everything I've got on it. Why do you say they're only 750 ? I've seen them everywhere way more expensive than 750 used!

The cymbals are Zildjian K series.
I need to find the extra 2 toms that I'm missing, 8' and 10' in this color, used for a good price, anybody have them?

Sebaslegrand
04-23-2012, 09:40 AM
Salut...Ça va!

The master's name is Bernhard Castiglione and he runs the show...

Oui ça va merci!! :)

Thanks a lot for your greetings :)

larryz
04-23-2012, 06:58 PM
I'm getting the drumkit for (2 floors, 1 bassdrum, 1 snare, 1 tom 12') for 600$
The cymbals (Hi-hat, Crash 17', Ride (don't know size yet), chinese 20') all Zildjian for 500$
All the cymbal stands and tom rack + other accessories : 280$

That's close to 1400 for the whole kit with cymbals and everything. The guy told me this kit can be worth an easy 3000 with everything I've got on it. Why do you say they're only 750 ? I've seen them everywhere way more expensive than 750 used!

The cymbals are Zildjian K series.
I need to find the extra 2 toms that I'm missing, 8' and 10' in this color, used for a good price, anybody have them?

Hi and welcome. The deal you mention doesn't sound good to me. Way too much. Zildjian K's are nice but $500 for 3 cymbals? Eh.... I am always wary of the "take-all-this-stuff-off-of-my-hands" deals that include everything but the kitchen sink. It's important to be patient when buying used. It is a buyer's market so YOu have the upper hand. For $1,400, my oh my, you can get close to a used professional kit for $1,000 (Mapex Saturn, Yamahas). Stands/hardware for $150-200 total. Cymbals maybe $400. But look, you can get the same deal this seller is offering and get a professional kit instead of a "decent" mid-level kit you'l probably want to replace at some point down the road.

Wait and be patient. Keep looking :)

mind_drummer
04-23-2012, 09:42 PM
Salut Sébastien et Bienvenue !

Moi c'est Michel et je suis de Rouyn-Noranda en Abitibi.

Bien content de savoir que même étant de Montréal, tu ne sois pas un partisan des habs, moi je suis un ex et futur partisan de Nordiques.

Enjoy your time here ;-)

harryconway
04-23-2012, 09:50 PM
Why do you say they're only 750 ? I've seen them everywhere way more expensive than 750 used!

Here's a used Superstar kit, for $359, at Guitar Center http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Used-USED-TAMA-SUPERSTAR-5PC-DRUMSET-BLUE-107118601-i2231567.gc?source=4WFRWXX&CAWELAID=1089371213 Here's a brand new Superstar kit, for $549, on eBay ... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tama-Superstar-5-Piece-Shell-Set-Tama-SK52KS-BMB-NEW-/370606891729?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5649e462d1#ht_2618wt_952

Big_Al47
04-24-2012, 10:09 PM
Welcome aboard

killaconor
04-25-2012, 04:55 AM
Hey everyone, my names Conor and i live in Orlando, Florida. im 21 years old and have been drumming for a few years, i actually bought my first drum kit on the night of Barack Obama's presidential inauguration. I play in a local band named Swallow (https://www.facebook.com/SwallowMusic) we don't have any quality recordings yet but we will soon. I own a Tama Swingstar kit ( my first kit) and a Tama Artstar 2. My current mostly used snare is a Tama Artwood 8x14. Im still rocking on some starter Tama cymbals due to being a broke college student. I don't know too much about drums just how to hit them.So i hope this website will help to teach me a thing or two about them.

Vegas Island
04-25-2012, 06:36 AM
Welcome and best of luck to ya!

tiki187
04-25-2012, 11:27 AM
Real name? Ralph
Age?37
How long have I been playing? Off and on (mostly off) for about 5 years during the past 20 years
Origin of my username? Randomness
Top 5 drummers? Jeff Porcaro, Stewart Copeland, Buddy Rich, John Bonham and Bernard Purdie
Make of drumkit? Last drum kit stolen :( was an Arbiter 4 pc, maple in blue. Now a inexpensive kit that was given to me.
Make of cymbals? Orion Cymbals of Brazil, Zildjian
Where do you practice? Living Room
Are you or were you in a band? Yes
Covers or originals?Both
Style of music? Everything under the sun
Take out food? In N' Out
Country? USA
One really odd fact about yourself? Everything about me is odd.
How did I start drumming? Chronic tapper from birth. Primarily played guitar for many years than switched to drumming.

Big_Al47
04-25-2012, 09:22 PM
Welcome aboard

PDPx7Drummer
04-25-2012, 09:31 PM
fuck this place and the "mayor" of the forums.

AirborneSFC
04-27-2012, 12:53 AM
Welcome! I had some good times in Orlando back in the day. Last I was there stayed at some fancy hotel downtown, skateboarded when everyone else was getting valet parked and saw a good punk show.

dewayne
04-28-2012, 03:47 PM
Good morning everyone, I'm dewayne, I'm a drummer here in the dallas area, I've been reading here alot and decided to go ahead and try to join. This is a nice and informative sight thank you for allowing me access.

BYUDOG
04-30-2012, 04:38 AM
I would like say hello and introduce myself to everyone on the forum. I am 38 and from New Orleans, Louisiana. I am married and have a son. My son and me both take lessons from the same teacher. My son is 9. We have only been playing for about 1 year......LATE BLOOMER.....I know. But, I'm trying to learn as much as I can. I have a Mapex meridian birch kit that i got used. Im going to try to get some pics up of the kit. Anyway look forward to talking to you guys. Thanks... Bayou Dog

kellyt
04-30-2012, 04:46 AM
Real name? Kelly (...easy)
Age? 27
How long have I been playing? I started when I was 13, played intermittently after high school and during college; took serious lessons for about 2.5 years until a little more than a year ago; am now trying to get back into it since i'd like to continue practicing.
Origin of my username? ...apparently not thoughtful enough ;)
Top 5 drummers? Jon Fishman, Steve Gadd, Phil Collins, Bill Bruford, Dave Grohl
Make of drumkit? Tama Rockstar (same kit since I was 13)
Make of cymbals? Sabian
Where do you practice? I haven't really been able to for the last few years since I moved into an apt and now a condo (although parent's house where my kit is isn't too far). I'm actually looking into electronic kits right now (feel free to message me if you have recommendations/thoughts!!)
Are you or were you in a band? Sort of: I'm playing on and off with my first band (it's hard to get together regularly). Now, I'm starting to talk with other friends about making a new band (while keeping the first band in the routine).
Covers or originals? Both
Style of music? Progressive rock, classic rock, hard rock, funk, reggae, (good) pop. Pretty much anything (with rock being my go-to, obviously), although there are some exceptions -- e.g., country.
Take out food? Ledo's Pizza
Country? USA
One really odd fact about yourself? Each finger i have represents a drum or cymbal on a drumkit so i can play wherever and whenever. :)
How did I start drumming? I actually started on guitar (played from about 11-13) but then moved to drums and never really looked back.

MaryO
04-30-2012, 04:47 AM
Welcome and don't worry about being a late bloomer....I'm almost 45 and I started a little over a year ago. There are several of us late starters here. Great that you and your son are doing this together. Looking forward to seeing pics and hearing your play. You'll get lots of great information and advice here.

bosman
04-30-2012, 07:16 AM
Welcome.

Music is timeless. Forgive the pun. You have the rest of your lives to enjoy!

Big_Al47
04-30-2012, 06:30 PM
Welcome aboard. I started at 40 myself

AndyMC
04-30-2012, 06:54 PM
Welcome, never too late to start, there was a thread on here about a 98 year old woman who is learning drums. Really cool avatar bayou dog.

Paradigm
04-30-2012, 08:33 PM
Just stopped by to say hello & great site.

real name? Rick Arrendale
age? 54
how long been playing? 42 yrs.
origin of user name? From a Dream Theater tune Paradigm Shift
top 5 drummers? Are yet to be discovered
make of drumkit? PDP X7 Maple, PDP Birch, Rogers '78, Pearl E-conversion
make of cymbal? Zildjian & I can spell it too. lol!
where do you practice? Home & band rehearsal room
are you in a band/s? Yes, www.arrivalband.com
covers or originals? Covers
what style of music? Tribute act
favourite take out food? Subway
country?USA
one really odd fact about yourself? I often over think things, I think.
how did you start drumming? Started by drumming on my desk at school really

larryz
04-30-2012, 09:17 PM
Welcome and photos of the Rogers kit would be nice! Thanks.

Gotta give props to anyone who attempts to sing anything Journey. Getting anywhere near the vocals of Steve Perry is next to impossible. Looks like your band has quite the following according to your website pics.

BYUDOG
04-30-2012, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the replies and the encouragement.

BYUDOG
04-30-2012, 10:27 PM
Hey. I just joined too. There seems to be a lot of info on this site. I hope you enjoy your stay. Im pretty sure i will. Look forward to seeing ya in the conversations..

Mad About Drums
04-30-2012, 10:44 PM
Welcome to the brotherhood Bayou Dog :)

Better late than never... I say :)

Right decision, right choice of instrument(s), may you and your son have fun playing and learning the wonderfull craft of drumming :)

Paradigm
05-01-2012, 04:03 AM
Thanks for the welcome. This is a nice site. Our singer has the pipes. We get our share of Journey fans. We really shine at festivals & fairs. Its our bread & butter.

randyman
05-01-2012, 11:59 PM
Real name? Randy
Age? 18
How long have I been playing? 8 Years.
Origin of my username? Well it's my name aha
Top 5 drummers? Hmm, well Joey Jordison definitely influenced me to start playing, shortly after I loved Chris Adler then Tomas Haake, Morgan Agren.
Make of drumkit? Tama Superstar
Make of cymbals? Sabian B8 Pros atm :(
Where do you practice? Where ever/Whenever I can. Right now at home occasionally(people complaining in house) and with my band at a practice space.
Are you or were you in a band? I've been in two and I have to say I am in love with my current band - Nemora.
Covers or originals? Originals but we may do some covers down the road.
Style of music? Most of it's some form of metal but we play anything really.
Take out food? I love chinese food ahah.
Country? USA
One really odd fact about yourself? Sometimes I say random foods.
How did I start drumming? My brother and hearing Slipknot.

SquadLeader
05-02-2012, 02:22 PM
I joined the forum a couple of weeks back.

I'm from Cheshire, in the north of the United Kingdom, but currently living in Lancashire.

Started drumming at the age of 11, joining my first band with my older (17) mate Sean when I was 12. I played in bands until the age of 18 then threw my drumsticks and kit away in a huff when the band I was in refused to take up a residency covering Beatles songs in a hotel on the Isle of Man. I saw it as a a dream come true, a group of teenagers playing music they loved for the price of accommodation, drinks, food, and a small wage. My friends who were in the band disagreed, bottled it, and went to university.

I never really forgave them.

I met one of these lads about 10 years later when I was 30 and we hooked up, formed a quite brilliant band, and very nearly got signed until the two guitarists fell out and started fighting...and we subsequently broke up.

I dropped drums again at the aged of 36...just became impractical to play at home.

The strangest part of my musical life is that my friend Sean...you remember...the one I was playing in bands with when I was 12 (we've always kept in touch and been friends)....rang me about three weeks back asking if I fancied playing drums in a band...I said no...but he persuaded me to sit in for a weekend rehearsal so that they could record some demos with a view to recruiting a drummer....

I'm now joined up again in a band, and have just purchased my first Electronic Drum Kit to facilitate home practice.

The first rehearsal was absolutely, mentally, stupidly good...it's like we'd both gone back 30 odd years....instant click....and absolutely outrageously good covers....we did I Wanna Be Your Dog (The Stooges), Blitzkrieg Bop (Ramones), EMI (Sex Pistols) and a couple of self-penned songs.

The band has been named....Midlife Crisis ....and we're available for weddings, funerals, and Bar Mitzvah's.

Hahaha...

The biggest regret in life...not continuously playing drums from 11 to 43...I think I might have been a decent drummer if I'd played for 32 years....regretfully I've hamstrung myself by taking to many long sabaticals away from the hobby for all manner of reasons...sigh.

drummermathieu
05-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Real name?
Mathieu LESCUYER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVh_4usTdmc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcrTLNLLd1Y&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFDo1CyP8uA&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGrQ1Tw5nQs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlzUCnCoCaM
Etc ......

Age?
well ...

How long have I been playing?
I play since over 30 years

Origin of my username?
drummermathieu : my YOUTUBE username... !!!

Top 5 drummers?
Jo Jones, Vinnie Colaiuta, Chris Coleman, Stewart Copeland, Damien Schmitt

Make of drumkit?
TAMA Starclassic Mapple + Starclassic BB + Superstar Hyperdrive X 2 + Roland TD9 + Little Gretsch (vintage)

Make of cymbals?
mainly Zildjian (+ Ufip, Stagg, Istanbul, Meinl...)

Where do you practice?
I have a room where I teach many lessons

Are you or were you in a band?
Blessed Virgins (rock) Graemme Allwright (variétés) Louis Bertignac (ex-Téléphone) Thierry Obadia (chanson) Nuance (Funk) Lobster (Rock-Blues) Racines (Blues) Infinitif (Funk Rock) Sihem ( Pop rock) Angora ( rock) Gaïa (world) Court-circuit (rock) Jerry Cooper (afro-funk) Gilles Guillou (jazz) Jean-Paul Maéso (chanson pop) Via Luna (Pop Rock) etc.....

Covers or originals?
Both

Style of music?
All kinds of music

Take out food?

Country?
France !!! You know? In Europe! ;-)

More i grow and more I like to play! Today I want to play with Le Cirque Du Soleil!

How did I start drumming?
At the age of eleven, after seeing a concert of contemporary music !! Truly !!!

harryconway
05-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Hey man, welcome to Drummerworld. Cool that your back, playin' in a band, bangin' on the tubs. Don't worry, that you "took a bit of a break" .... just enjoy the fact that your back in the saddle, now. Your never to old to start, or start back up. But, we like pictures (eye candy), so ya gotta post some pics of your kit(s).

larryz
05-02-2012, 11:33 PM
Yeah, what Harry said. And I too would never forgive band members who prevented me from getting paid for playing Beatles songs. If you are to cover ANY band's songs who better than the Fab 4.

And I gotta ask, are there 4,000 holes in Blackburn, Lancashire?

Welcome.

drummermathieu
05-03-2012, 01:56 AM
Real name?
Mathieu LESCUYER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVh_4usTdmc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcrTL...feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFDo1...feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGrQ1Tw5nQs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlzUCnCoCaM
Etc ......

Age?
well ...

How long have I been playing?
I play since over 30 years

Origin of my username?
drummermathieu : my YOUTUBE username... !!!

Top 5 drummers?
Jo Jones, Vinnie Colaiuta, Chris Coleman, Stewart Copeland, Damien Schmitt

Make of drumkit?
TAMA Starclassic Mapple + Starclassic BB + Superstar Hyperdrive X 2 + Roland TD9 + Little Gretsch (vintage)

Make of cymbals?
mainly Zildjian (+ Ufip, Stagg, Istanbul, Meinl...)

Where do you practice?
I have a room where I teach many lessons

Are you or were you in a band?
Blessed Virgins (rock) Graemme Allwright (variétés) Louis Bertignac (ex-Téléphone) Thierry Obadia (chanson) Nuance (Funk) Lobster (Rock-Blues) Racines (Blues) Infinitif (Funk Rock) Sihem ( Pop rock) Angora ( rock) Gaïa (world) Court-circuit (rock) Jerry Cooper (afro-funk) Gilles Guillou (jazz) Jean-Paul Maéso (chanson pop) Via Luna (Pop Rock) etc.....

Covers or originals?
Both

Style of music?
All kinds of music

Take out food?

Country?
France !!! You know? In Europe! ;-)

More i grow and more I like to play! Today I want to play with Le Cirque Du Soleil!

How did I start drumming?
At the age of eleven, after seeing a concert of contemporary music !! Truly !!!

SquadLeader
05-03-2012, 11:48 AM
Yeah, what Harry said. And I too would never forgive band members who prevented me from getting paid for playing Beatles songs. If you are to cover ANY band's songs who better than the Fab 4.

And I gotta ask, are there 4,000 holes in Blackburn, Lancashire?

Welcome.

I never did mate (forgive them).

I live about 15 minutes away from Blackburn and spent a couple of years, some considerable time back, rehearsing and gigging over there and it's vicinities, Burnley, Preston, etc. (playing original stuff by this time). We were in the van on the way to our first gig in Blackburn and drove past some roadworks...all four of us in the van looked at each other and sang "...."....well you know what we sang !!

koipond
05-04-2012, 09:03 PM
hi,

i'm new here and thinking about getting back into drumming. i used to play at church but stopped for over 10 years. i don't have a kit but am thinking about buying one, probably something small and portable like the sonor jungle kit.

i hope to learn a lot. now on to the questions:

How long have you been playing? 2-3 years, over a 10 year lay off.
Your top 5 drummers? ?uestlove, jojo mayer, keith carlock, benny benjamin, steve gadd
Make of drumkit? sonor jungle? used manu katche? sakae pac-d?
Make of cymbal? sabian, zildjian, meinl
Where do you practice? at home on a practice pad.
Favourite take out food? korean fried chicken
What country do you live in? usa
One really odd fact about yourself? i joined this forum and i don't have a kit
How did you start drumming? started playing at church a long time ago

derrickezra
05-06-2012, 03:35 AM
Hey people! New drummer over here hehe hope all of you can give me your guidance ;D

dubbe
05-07-2012, 07:03 PM
Sup!
Some of you might know me from the Derek Roddy and George Kollias Forum where I go by same username.

Real name? Tobias Röhner
Age? 20
How long have you been playing? 10 years
Origin of user name? old nickname of mine, used it for ages
Your top 5 drummers? Derek Roddy, Benny Greb, Dave Haley, Simon Phillips, John Longstreth
Make of drumkit? Sonor/Pearl/anything that sounds good to me
Make of cymbal? Paiste/Sabian/again, anything that sounds good :P
Where do you practice? at home
Are you in a band? I'm in Stick In The Head (Pop Punk) and Archaic Thorn (Death Metal)
Do you play covers or originals? a bit of both
What style of music? Metal and Rock
Favourite take out food? I'll eat anything really
What country do you live in? Germany
One really odd fact about yourself? I'll stay up until 5am to watch Starcraft tournaments
How did you start drumming? my mom discovered my talented to rhythmically tap on things when I was a kid and sent me to the next drum teacher

aaand, here's my YT channel http://www.youtube.com/user/dubbe186

http://i.imgur.com/WfS9kl.jpg

falcifer
05-07-2012, 10:39 PM
How long have you been playing: About a week...
Origin of user name: It's the name I gave to a character I drew many years ago (about 10 years ago). It was a winged sort of Grim Reaper type character, so he was carrying a scythe. The Latin for scythe is "falx", so I used the form Falcifer, meaning "scythe-bearing". Akin to Lucifer meaning "light-bearing" from the Latin "lux" for light... I used it for a few forums back then and stuck with it.
Your top 5 drummers: In no particular order, and for various reasons: Stewart Copeland, David Silveria, Dave Grohl, John Bonham, Danny Carey. As with most of my "top 5"s, this is subject to change at any time.
Make of drumkit: Sonor.
Make of cymbal: Paiste.
Where do you practice: In my bedroom.
Are you in a band: Not yet.
What style of music: Not applicable but I like a lot of different styles. Grew up listening to a lot of 50s and 60s rock n' roll. Listened to a lot of metal in my teens. Enjoyed plenty of rock (modern and classic), punk rock, rap, goth, indie, alt rock... I also listen to classical, opera, jazz, blues and anything that's good, regardless of genre.
Favourite take out food: Chinese.
What country do you live in: England.
One really odd fact about yourself: Probably not so odd among drummers but I'm left-handed for writing and right-handed for most other things, including drumming.
How did you start drumming: My brother bought Rock Band and I loved playing the drums on that, so I bought a cheap second-hand kit, which didn't get much use. I had to sell that and found myself really wanting to play the drums, so I bought a new (albeit entry level) kit.

ozziesda
05-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Hi all,

I'm Dave. I'm from Dublin Ireland. I'm married with 2 kids, a 2 1/2 year old son and a week and a half old daughter. I have been playing for about 25 years and have been actively gigging for the past 18.

Kits I have - a Pearl masters MCX (22, 12,13,16) in Chestnut Fade, a Mapex Horizon HXB jazz kit (18,12,14 14 snare) in Transparent Midnight Black and I'm picking up my used DW Collectors (22,10,12,14 in Blue Oyster Finishply) today. I use Sabian cymbals and my gigging setup is 14" HHX Evolution Hats, 20 HH Rock Ride, 16" HH Med-thin Crash, 18" HH Thin Crash and an 8" AA splash. I'm hoping to add on a 18" HHX O-zone shortly to complete my ideal set.

I'll post some pics whenever I get the chance.

Dave :)

Bo Eder
05-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Welcome Dave!

-Bo from Southern California via Disneyland ;)

Skulmoski
05-09-2012, 06:09 PM
Hello

I visited Dublin last year and loved your city. I look forward to your posts.

GJS

MaryO
05-09-2012, 07:07 PM
Welcome to the asylum :) Glad to have you aboard

Ian Williams
05-09-2012, 07:16 PM
Welcome to the brotherhood...You have an interesting family life :*)

Pint of Guinness?

ozziesda
05-10-2012, 11:41 PM
Pics as promised. Only have ones of the Pearl and DW. Can't be bothered digging out and setting up the Mapex!!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/ozziesda/IMAG0240.jpg
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/ozziesda/IMAG0239.jpg
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/ozziesda/iPhonepicsuploaded17Feb2011040.jpg
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g435/ozziesda/299277_10150273187291127_690321126_7608288_1154894 _n.jpg

harryconway
05-11-2012, 12:01 AM
Cool pics. Welcome to the club. A week and a half? So, you are a man who gets no sleep .... hang tough ...

Big_Al47
05-11-2012, 10:02 PM
Welcome aboard

Big_Al47
05-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Welcome aboard

Big_Al47
05-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Welcome aboard

Mad About Drums
05-11-2012, 10:57 PM
Hey people! New drummer over here hehe hope all of you can give me your guidance ;D

Welcome to the forum Derrick.

... to go to the General Discussion section of the forum, it's straight down the corridor, then turn left and take the stairs to go to the upper level, when you arrive there, turn right, about 5 meters on your left there's a display of the forum rules on the wall, read them while you there, carry on up to the hallway, turn right, pass the Off Topic Section, it's the third door on the left...

AdamandtheNumbers
05-14-2012, 07:33 PM
Hey Folks,

My name's Adam. I used to play drums all day long in high school. I spent a bunch of years living in college dorms and small apartments and didn't have a good place to play. So now, shortly after my 10 year high school reunion, I bought an old gretsch blackhawk kit off craigslist for $150. I set them up in the spare bedroom and I'm trying to get my chops back. I started recording my playing just too see what it looked like, then decided to post some of the video's on youtube just to add to the pool of homemade drum video's - hoping they might cause someone to think a little differently or try something new.

Here's a link (http://www.youtube.com/user/AdamandtheNumbers/videos)

I like watching other people play and trying some of their tricks. Feel free to check out my youtube channel and post responses.

Please offer suggestions on how I might improve my playing and please let me know if you enjoy any particular part of what i'm putting out there.

Real name - Adam
Age - 29
How long have you been playing - Since the late 90's [skipping 2001-2012]
Origin of user name - Name of my solo project [not a serious project]
Your top drummer - Jeffrey Clemens
Make of drumkit - Gretsch Blackhawk [$150 from craigslist]
Make of cymbal - Paiste Twenty 14" Hats, Paiste Twenty 22" Ride (prototype)
Where do you practice - Spare bedroom
Are you in a band - No
Do you play covers or originals - Mostly just jamming with friends
What style of music - many
Favourite take out food - Pad Thai
One really odd fact about yourself - I do some things right handed and some left. Ex. Baseball - throw right, bat left
How did you start drumming - My dad was always a drummer. Played the snare in 6th grade band and hated it, signed up for kit lessons in
7th grade and loved it.

Will Bloodfarm
05-15-2012, 11:09 PM
Real name - Will
Age - 40
How long have you been playing - 1980 -> 1995 (Quit for 15 years) 2010 -> Present
Origin of user name - My name plus my email addy that Ive had since forever.
Your top drummer - Impossible to say - too many styles, too many influences.
Make of drumkit - Roland V-Drum TD9KX modded to death. (yes I know - not prestigous)
Make of cymbal - Roland E-Cymbals
Where do you practice - Spare room AKA my home studio
Are you in a band - No, though I do some free session drumming for enthusiasts like myself.
Do you play covers or originals - Mostly covers.
What style of music - Rock/Metal are my happy zones
Favourite take out food - Curry or Asian food particularly beef and cashew nut Chinese.
What country do you live in - Currently Japan.
One really odd fact about yourself - I've lived in foreign countries longer than I have lived in my homecountry of NZ.
How did you start drumming - I just had that inclination - my mum said even at 2 years old I would hit the trash can with sticks all the time, clap in time, slap my thighs to music etc... I took to playing with chopsticks on cushions from about 8 years old. Got my first kit when I was 12. Turns out my father was also a drummer for a short time, as was my grandfather...though I never knew it until later.

To keep myself motivated, I have a youtube drum cover channel. Every week I pick a new song and record it... I'm not in a band, so it's a good way to maintain a goal. I pick songs that I like, not songs that necessarily let me show off. Most of my tastes in music revolve around metal or rock, so my covers reflect this - Slipknot, Forbidden, Sepultura, Soulfly, Shihad (NZ), Faith No More etc...... I'm nowhere near half as good as many of you in this forum, but I'm proud to be a part of the community none the less. I hope to meet many of you here and elsewhere on the net.

I have just migrated my drum videos to their own channel - I have a larger "all encompassing" channel featuring drift cars, Benzs, Drums - everything - about 300 videos......

So, I decided to make a unique channel for my drum clips - theres about 32 currently spanning about 18 months... I enjoyed rediscovering them during the switchover, simply because I have improved considerably in bith my playing and in my video production skills. I knwo most drummers couldnt care less about another drummers vidoes, but feel free to visit and let me know of your channel, should you have one :-) Im always checking out other drumemrs to get new insights.

The aforementioned drum channel :-) (http://www.youtube.com/user/WillBloodfarm)

Cheers, and thanks for reading. Will.

Powershifter
05-16-2012, 02:47 AM
Hey everyone! A friend of mine kept bugging me to join a drummer forum .. any drummer forum. So here I am. I hope to learn as much as I can and help in any way I can. Check out my Youtube Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/Downhere08/videos) - I recently did a cover of Dream Theater (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmswSE0ww4Y&feature=plcp) and Evanescence (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2HGbwXFsQM&feature=context-chv), and there are several Guitar Center Drum Off solos there. Thanks!

Real name? Scott MacFeat
Age? 29
How long have you been playing? 26 years
Origin of user name? Comes from my Pearl Powershifter Eliminator Double Pedals
Your top 5 drummers? Mike Mangini, Virgil Donati, Jojo Mayer, Buddy Rich, Mike Portnoy
Make of drumkit? Pearl Export Select (Ebony Mist)
Make of cymbal? Zyldjian Avedis, Sabian Evolution Ride
Where do you practice? Home and anywhere I can
Are you in a band? Nope .. but I'd like to be if I could find the right people
Do you play covers or originals? I'd rather play originals but some covers would be cool
What style of music? Progressive rock, Jazz, Funk, ...anything with a good beat
Favorite take out food? Pizza
One really odd fact about yourself? I also did a Taylor Swift (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekds9t_kiHs&feature=context-chv) cover on youtube... I'm not a fan of country but for some reason I like her music. I blame my wife!
How did you start drumming? My dad has always been in bands and from a very young age I wanted to play the drums. My parents bought me a toy set when I was 3 and that was that. Began taking lessons at 5 years old and continued with the same teacher until I was 20.

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1109&pictureid=6889

simonwood44
05-16-2012, 01:01 PM
Hey gang!

I'm Simon.

I'm a drummer from Melbourne, Australia.

i'm only 20, but i've been playing for 14 years.

I was schooled in rock playing early, but switched to learning Funk/Fusion/Progressive in my teenage years with Melbourne-based Fusion big cat Frank La Macchia.

Recently, my band recorded our first album. We are called 'KETTLESPIDER' and we play instrumental progressive rock (like in the 70's) but our contemporary influences offer us a prog/post metal punch - it's a sweet blend!

Here's what i worked with in the studio. 2003 Premier Cabria's. Sounding mighty fine!

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/385436_10151005068470207_781190206_21567411_423882 758_n.jpg

I love all kinds of music, though this world of 'prog' has really opened my eyes to the great music of the past and proved very inspirational to my playing.

I love the funk edge too - and was lucky enough to watch the great John Blackwell Jnr. play with Prince in Melbourne just last night. i've had grooves in my head ALL day long!

Anyway, open your mind and check out these tunes from Kettlespider - i'd love to know what you think of the music, and i'm looking for feedback on the drumming parts!

http://kettlespider.bandcamp.com/album/avadante

MEGA THANKS!

Simon Wood.

Peace.

simonwood44
05-16-2012, 03:18 PM
Also

- Pork Pie custom 13x7 maple snare.

- Tama Speed cobra pedals.

SABIAN

Paragon (Peart) 14" Hats
AAX 8" Splash
AAX Stage 17" Crash
Vault 20" Ride (Unlathed bottom)

ZILDJIAN

ZHT 16" China
ZHT 10" China Splash
A Custom 16" Crash

tbone68
05-16-2012, 03:26 PM
Hi all,

My name is Tom Cottone and im a New Jersey based drummer/teacher. If you have time, please have a look at my website and some video clips i posted below. Thanks and hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILuIY_4-_6c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjLNCE0yRs8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMfVWMdbTvQ

www.tomcottone.com

BKRealDrums
05-16-2012, 05:25 PM
Real name? Brandon Kelly
Age? 23
How long have you been playing? 21 years
Origin of user name? it's the name of my drum program
Your top 5 drummers? tony royster jr., chris coleman, dennis chambers, dave weckl,(me)
Make of drumkit? tama
Make of cymbal? zildjian
Where do you practice? in my studio
Are you in a band? yes
Do you play covers or originals? both
What style of music? rock/pop/jazz/hip hop/country/r&b
Favourite take out food? papa johns
One really odd fact about yourself? i never adjust my drums when i set up, i just play
How did you start drumming? god put me on earth lol

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrRealdrums

Ian Williams
05-16-2012, 06:10 PM
Mr. Simon Phillips is a great boost of influence and inspíration.

Otherwise ask our brother Henri - Mad About Drums...about him?

Matt105
05-19-2012, 08:41 AM
Not new to Drummerworld, but I never did this so here it goes, lol.

Real name - Matthew Davis
Age - 18
How long have you been playing - full kit-since 1996
Origin of user name - Nickname and birthday
Your top drummer - Chris Coleman
Make of drumkit - PDP M5
Make of cymbal - Sabian 14" AA hats, Zildjian A Custom 14" fast crash, 16" crash, and 20" ride, Zildjian A 10" splash, Zildjian 16" Platinum crash
Where do you practice - Church
Are you in a band - Praise Band at Church
Do you play covers or originals - I play church songs, lol. Sometimes we meet to just jam though.
What style of music - Gospel, Alternative, R&B, and Hip-Hop(a blend of those, but at times certain ones are more noticeable)
Favourite take out food - I don't really order take out, but when I do, I prefer Subway. Stay fresh my friends.
One really odd fact about yourself - I can move the pinky toe on my right foot independantly of the others crazy well.
How did you start drumming - Sadly, never had lessons in my life. Before I could walk, I would get into my mom's kitchen cabinets and pull out the pots and pans to play drums on them. My parents decided to get me a Little Tikes drum for my first birthday. I got a full junior kit when I was 3. I played in front of about 600 people at the age of 3 for a children's choir, and I was scared out of my mind, lol. Became a regular drummer at my church at 6, and became the main drummer at 13.

juanjob
05-19-2012, 09:06 AM
Hello everyone.. im new on this forum, and i hope to be an active member!!

I'm from Santiago, Chile.

I played drums for years.. i had an acustic drum but the last year i decided to change to an electric drum kit (medeli dd502j).

I uploaded some covers of arctic monkeys and other bands to my youtube channel, you can see it here (http://www.youtube.com/user/juanjobasc1).

greetings and i'll wait for your comments!

SticksEasy
05-21-2012, 01:52 AM
My name is Dusty. I've actually been on these threads before, but when I moved I went without internet for a spell - and now I'm back.

I'm a loyal customer of Sonor drums, Zildjian sticks, Drum Workshop hardware, and I'm an endorser of Soultone cymbals.

I've been playing drums for about thirteen years, but I've only been taking it seriously for the last three. I can't sight read.

I'm a husband, a father, and a dedicated musician who cares about his craft...

That's about it. Nice to meet all of you, and I look forward to learning what many of you will teach me.

Von_Hamish
05-21-2012, 07:32 PM
Real name? Mathew Ham (Feel free to make jokes)
Age? 21
How long have you been playing? 6 years
Origin of user name? Old nickname from school
Your top 5 drummers? Dale Crover, Coady Willis, Dave Grohl, John Bonham, Taylor Hawkins
Make of drumkit? Tama Superstar 12, 16, 18, 24 & Gretsch 14x8 Hammered Brass Snare
Make of cymbal? Zildjian: 15" K light hats, 19" K Hybrid crash, 22" K Light ride, 24" ZHT Rarities ride, 8" K splash, 14" ZXT china
Where do you practice? In my guitarist's garage
Are you in a band? Yep: Heavy on the Ride
What style of music? Experimental, Hard Rock, Alternative, Stoner, Sludge, etc. >>> http://soundcloud.com/heavyontheride
Favourite take out food? KFC!!!
What country do you live in? Wales, UK
One really odd fact about yourself? Apparently I'm related to Pete Ham (Badfinger) But I've still yet to find out if this is true or not lol. I dunno if thats an odd fact? The only other thing I could think of was that I never played the bass drum for the 1st 4 months I had a kit..
How did you start drumming? I was told to go to the hall in a school and help move stuff. I saw a drum kit, started playing it and got caught. They headteacher of the school got annoyed and told my parents. My parents bought me a kit... Coolest parents ever!

gaz farrimond
05-21-2012, 08:55 PM
Well, I've been a lurker on this forum for quite a while, and decided to take the plunge and actually start getting involved.

Some on here know me, but for those who don't, I'm English, mid 40's, been playing for over 30 years, gigged in a few places around the World, and lived in the USA for a time (But I'm now back home in the UK until something else comes along) and I still get as much fun out of drumming now as I did when I started in 1979.

So, please be gentle.... ;-)

overwriter
05-22-2012, 05:21 PM
Hello, I'm from St. Petersburg :)
I'm not a professional drummer, but I like drumming a lot)

MaryO
05-22-2012, 10:17 PM
Welcome to the forum!

How bout a little more information? What kind of music do you play, how long have you been playing, pics of the kit.....

larryz
05-22-2012, 11:22 PM
Welcome and yes, drum photos please. I'm curious to see what a drummer from Russia plays :)

Larry

p.s. Evgeni Malkin, our Penguins hockey hero, was superb for Team Russia the past week or two...

capo
05-23-2012, 01:54 PM
hello guys, my name is federico Capodiferro.I'm an Italian boy and I am new to the forum.My dream is to became a great drummer,and i hope to learn many things in this forum :)
p.s. sorry for my bad english

Ian Williams
05-23-2012, 10:43 PM
Hola Federico!

Welcome to the brotherhood. This is a great and great people.

Cheers,

Ian

MitchyMitchell
05-25-2012, 03:39 AM
Hello fellow drummers! My names James from Ireland and I'm potty about cars!

hkcweb
05-25-2012, 08:54 PM
Hello there! My name is Bryan and I'm from just about the dead center of Georgia. I've been playing drums on again off again for about 22 years (6th grade), although I do have a pic that I'll have to scrounge up of me beating on a kit when I was about 2 or 3. Here's a pic of the love of my life:

http://drummerworld.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1114&pictureid=6903

Large
05-25-2012, 09:08 PM
Hi ^_^

Real name? Miguel Quiroz
Age? 27
How long have you been playing? 10 years
Origin of user name? Old nickname from school
Your top 5 drummers? John Bonham, Ringo Starr, Keith Moon, Mike Portnoy, Yoshiki Hayashi
Make of drumkit? Evolution (I'm poor), and Alesis DM6
Make of cymbal? Sabian
Where do you practice? At home with my Alesis DM6 and with my band I use my drum kit Evolution
Are you in a band? Yes, "Zivel" (you can find us in Reverbnation)
What style of music? Rock along with Ska, Reggae, Ska, Blues, Bossa and more
Favourite take out food? Tacos al Pastor (The originals from Mexico City)
What country do you live in? Mexico :P
One really odd fact about yourself? I was raised on Rock & Roll, pure and simple. It's not about the clothes, the fans, or even the money... I'ts about the music,, man! It's also about the thrill or playing live with your friends, it doesn't matter where. My band "Zivel" aims to do just that. Play out, and loud, play forever!.

RockNGrohl
05-30-2012, 05:06 AM
Hello, I'm Derek from Rockland, ME.
I'm 33, been playing for 16 years, and my main gig right now is a local open mic night. Think rods/brushes etc. for mostly acoustic guitars

My drums: Mapex Pro M 5-piece rock kit maple/basswood/maple 12', 13', 16' 22' kick 14' Pearl Brass Sensitone Snare 10 lug ( I also have the matching wood snare that came with the kit 14' eight lug that I sometimes use for a mellower sound.)

Cymbals: Zildjian A customs 16' Crash, 18' Fast crash, 13' Hit Hats, A series 21' Sweet Ride (for lighter stuff/acoustic) Z Custom 20' Power Ride (For rock, blues. etc.) 16' Oriental China

Sticks: Zildjian 5A, Vic Firth Maple 5A, Vater Whips and Stick Whips (drumstick/whip), Vic Firth Rutes and Jazz Rake brushes

My drum heros: Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins of the Foo Fighters, Stewart Copeland (The Police), Chad Sexton of 311, Ringo, Charlie Watts, Bonham, Jaime Oldaker With Eric Clapton Stan Lynch (TP + Heartbreakers), Steve Ferrone, Abe Laboriel Jr., Tyler Stewart With BNL, Don Henley of the Eagles (such taste and great timekeeping!) Phil Rudd of AC/Dc, Joey Kramer, Chad Gracey (Formerly with Live) Steve Gadd, Max Weinberg (Springsteen), Hal Blaine, Bily Ward, Chad Smith (great drummer, great guy! Now a R&R Hall of Famer!), Matt Cameron, Jack Irons, Steve Jordan, Chris Layton, Zoro, and many many others!

Cheers, guys!

RockNGrohl
05-30-2012, 05:11 AM
Hello, I'm Derek from Rockland, ME.
I'm 33, been playing for 16 years, and my main gig right now is a local open mic night. Think rods/brushes etc. for mostly acoustic guitars

My drums: Mapex Pro M 5-piece rock kit maple/basswood/maple 12', 13', 16' 22' kick 14' Pearl Brass Sensitone Snare 10 lug ( I also have the matching wood snare that came with the kit 14' eight lug that I sometimes use for a mellower sound.)

Cymbals: Zildjian A customs 16' Crash, 18' Fast crash, 13' Hit Hats, A series 21' Sweet Ride (for lighter stuff/acoustic) Z Custom 20' Power Ride (For rock, blues. etc.) 16' Oriental China

Sticks: Zildjian 5A, Vic Firth Maple 5A, Vater Whips and Stick Whips (drumstick/whip), Vic Firth Rutes and Jazz Rake brushes

My drum heros: Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins of the Foo Fighters, Stewart Copeland (The Police), Chad Sexton of 311, Ringo, Charlie Watts, Bonham, Jaime Oldaker With Eric Clapton Stan Lynch (TP + Heartbreakers), Steve Ferrone, Abe Laboriel Jr., Tyler Stewart With BNL, Don Henley of the Eagles (such taste and great timekeeping!) Phil Rudd of AC/Dc, Joey Kramer, Chad Gracey (Formerly with Live) Steve Gadd, Max Weinberg (Springsteen), Hal Blaine, Bily Ward, Chad Smith (great drummer, great guy! Now a R&R Hall of Famer!), Matt Cameron, Jack Irons, Steve Jordan, Chris Layton, Zoro, and many many others!

Cheers, guys!

mmulcahy1
05-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Real name - Mitch
Age - Late 40s - How 'bout that?
How long have you been playing - My whole life - 7 years on a kit, however.
Origin of user name - Irish
Your top 5 drummers - Bonham, Paice, Peart, Mitchell
Make of drum kit - Gretsch Catalina Maple: Bass-22", Toms-8, 10, 12, 16, Snare-14 . . . Yamaha DTXpress III
Make of cymbal - Sabian - 14" High-hats, 20" Medium Ride, 14", 16" & 18" Med. Crash, 10" Splash . . . Yamaha
Where do you practice - Home
Are you in a band - No
Do you play covers or originals - Both
What style of music - Rock, Classic Rock, Country, Funk
Favourite take out food - Tacos, Pizza
What country do you live in - New Mexico, USA
One really odd fact about yourself - Of all my body parts, not everything came in a pair. =)
How did you start drumming - Just beating out rhythms on what ever I could find.

Large
05-31-2012, 04:06 PM
Que onda, aqui Large reportándose desde México Distrito Federal jeje

¿soy el único baterista de México que anda por éstos lugares? :P

Plays2
05-31-2012, 06:04 PM
Aqui otro mexicano reportandose en este foro :P

alcibiades74
05-31-2012, 11:42 PM
Greetings,

I'm a 37 year old drummer from Memphis, TN. I played professionally for 7 years before going to graduate school. After some serious life changes, I'm back into playing and have joined the best band in all my 20 years of music. Though most of my playing in the past fell under the 'whatever pays the bills' category--in my case this meant a good deal of theatre work and wedding dates--my heart was in good, solid songwriting; likewise, I really obsessed over the guys who I thought did it best, especially Andy Newmark and Jim Keltner. This shows even in my gear: I play a '79 Yamaha 9000 series kit (Newmark) and Paiste Traditionals (Keltner). I look forward to getting involved in this online drumming community!

SOTRdrummer
06-01-2012, 12:22 AM
Hey All!

Real name - James
Age - 16
How long have you been playing - 3 Years
Origin of user name - Acronym of first band's name and my role in that band
Your top 5 drummers - Peart, Bonham, Manson, Grohl, Hawkins
Make of drum kit - Pearl Export & 1 DW performance snare
Make of cymbal - All Zildjain
Where do you practice - Living Room
Are you in a band - If jamming with a buddy & School of Rock counts the Yes.
Do you play covers or originals - Now mostly covers, I miss having the freedom that originality gives though.
What style of music - Rock mostly, but with in that i tend to like most rock sub-genre's though
How did you start drumming - I asked my dad if I could get a kit and he said yes, but only if completed Enter Sandman on medium in Rock Band. The out come of that is self explanatory.

SOTRdrummer
06-01-2012, 05:22 AM
Hey, my name is James. This is the start of me actively using this forum. I found the site three years ago when my first drum teacher mentioned it to me and found it to be a good resource in my drum related endeavors. I hope to become a good addition to the community.

bermuda
06-01-2012, 05:33 AM
Welcome! There are lots of players here with plenty of experience, opinons and advice, most of it pretty helpful!

Bermuda

Nodiggie
06-01-2012, 08:30 AM
Welcome SOTRdrummer.

"without drums, it's all just Folk music"

SOTRdrummer
06-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Thanks, everybody! You've been kind.

Also, just beware I like to type sentences, a lot of them. So I may produce long responses.

DLayzer3
06-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Been a luker on this site from time to time. Tons of info. Last time I lurked was a few weeks ago looking at the hi-hat at the 10-12 o'clock postions. Pretty interesting. I'm going to try that soon.

I started at 37 playing drums. I'm 39 now. I only know one song really well and I know a handful enough to have fun. My only problem is getting my feet coordinated with my hands.

My 2 youngest kids, 2 and 3 bang on my drums. My 3 year old son has a little kit of his own. Mom says he 'practices', she calls it bangs, on his drums about an hour a day.

Regretfully, I should have started a lot sooner. And I don't get to practice how much I'd like or should.

Favorite music is heavy metal...Mushroomhead, Hatebreed, KSE.

sticksun
06-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Hello everyone drummers, I'm Marco nickname "Sticksun" from Sicily ... I'm playing drum since about i was 16. I'm not a professional drummer but i like to play good. I'm so happy to be part of this forum and i hope i'll be the welcome.

Bye, Marco

Large
06-07-2012, 01:03 AM
Creo que somos los únicos jaja ¿de que parte eres?

Ian Williams
06-07-2012, 06:12 AM
Hola Compañeros!

No soy de México, pero si de Venezuela!!!

Saludos a todos...

Large
06-07-2012, 08:04 AM
Hola Compañeros!

No soy de México, pero si de Venezuela!!!

Saludos a todos...

Poder Latino jajaja xD

Ian Williams
06-07-2012, 08:11 AM
Así es hermano! :´) .................

Poder Latino jajaja xD

Deathmetalconga
06-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Que onda, aqui Large reportándose desde México Distrito Federal jeje

¿soy el único baterista de México que anda por éstos lugares? :P

Creo que si, y que no hay muchos hispanohablantes aqui. Pero bienvenidos de todos modos.

Ian Williams
06-07-2012, 08:22 AM
Eyyy DMC!

Me sorprendes viejo amigo, también hablas Español...Que bueno! Te felicito!

¿Dónde aprendiste hablar Español? ¿Con una novia? jajaja ;´)

...Saludos, Ian

Creo que si, y que no hay muchos hispanohablantes aqui. Pero bienvenidos de todos modos.

Deathmetalconga
06-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Eyyy DMC!

Me sorprendes viejo amigo, también hablas Español...Que bueno! Te felicito!

¿Dónde aprendiste hablar Español? ¿Con una novia? jajaja ;´)

...Saludos, Ian

jajaj!

Mi madre nació in México, Torreón, Coah., pero mi padre fue americano y por eso soy despintado. Muchos no creen que so mexicano por la mitad porque soy tan rubio.

¿Y tu, cómo aprendiste hablar español as? Ojalá que no la cárcel!

Sydneyaccommodation
06-08-2012, 03:32 AM
I am Meg and I love drums but I'm still learning on how to play it. I need some tips about changing beats and listening to the rhythm. I believe that you can help me, guys :)

Ian Williams
06-08-2012, 03:48 AM
Hello Meg,

Navigate through this remarkable forum and its different segments, you will learn and share a lot. I do love drums too! What a great instrument to play...

Cheers,

Ian

SticksEasy
06-08-2012, 05:35 AM
Welcome aboard! Good luck.

Pocket-full-of-gold
06-08-2012, 05:38 AM
Spam guys. The sig. reveals all.

Large
06-09-2012, 07:59 AM
"sacando los trapitos al sol" jajaja

aaahh y gracias por la bienvenida :D

DrummerBoy95
06-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Hola! Yo tampoco soy de México, pero soy de Perú... Qué bueno ver latinos en este foro!

Numberless
06-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Yo soy de Puerto Rico, saludos a todos los amigos latinos!

CIRIUS
06-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Hi Folks...

I just joined ...

I'm playing different instruments ..like the guitars, but also the Blues harp and the OCEAN DRUMS ( wonderfull ) !
But I'm also realising portraits of artists with guitars, drums etc.
like this painting ( in 1977 )...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4225291430379&set=a.1893881546589.2115483.1228070470&type=1&theater

enjoy it..and have a great day...

TJ

Ian Williams
06-10-2012, 07:54 PM
¡Muchas Gracias Numberless!

Desde Venezuela, un fuerte abrazo Latino para todos...